Jackson Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Jackson Healthcare CEO Richard L. Jackson
Richard L. Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Plenty of good benefits and salaries are quite good (in 4 reviews)

• Great culture with a young growing organization (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Other supporting staff are not recognized or respected for hard work put in due to focus on sales teams (in 3 reviews)

• The company has grown so fast, there are some places they have outgrown themselves (need better systems or fresh expertise) (in 2 reviews)

1. "Values-Led, Purpose-Driven, Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jackson Healthcare works in a challenging market space, staffing and technology for healthcare organizations, but it is meaningful work that is made more meaningful by the focus on how we impact ALL people...the people we serve like clients and candidates, the people with whom we serve (our team members), and those who serve us (our vendors).

There is no perfect organization, and JH doesn't pretend to be one, but it is the best I've ever experienced. This is a joyful place. People work hard and like each other...dare I say truly love each other.

Cons

Staffing is hard work. Our industry isn't always considered strategic, glamorous, or even scrupulous (we hear horror stories about shady competitors), but at least this is a place that goes beyond trying to do the right thing to instead do the wise thing. You don't hear many companies emphasizing wisdom...even when it may cost them time and money in the short term.

Parking is really tough right now...thankfully a 6 story parking deck is under construction.

The commute is tough if you live ITP or anywhere other than the north side.

Advice to Management

Keep the long term vision...don't let the inevitable bumps in the road take us off track. We're building a legacy for our families, our city, and our industry. Keep pushing.
     Thank you for all you do for us!

2. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the most positive culture I have ever worked in. Associates and senior management sincerely care about each other. It's a fast growing company that genuinely values it's greatest asset-it's people. Beautiful amenities. Strong ethical leaders. They care a lot about making a difference in the world.

Cons

The company has grown so fast, there are some places they have outgrown themselves (need better systems or fresh expertise).

Advice to Management

Keep putting associates needs at the core of what you do. Keep giving back so generously.

3. "Recruiting Consultant"

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great culture and people. Good benefits

Cons

Parking, Communication between management and sales

4. "Absolutely Amazing Company Culture"

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time

Pros

The culture is outstanding, you really do feel part of something bigger than yourself. Constant efforts to help communities locally and international.

Work environment is extremely comfortable with Google level amenities. Full gym, restaurant, arcade, you name it. Excellent Healthcare as well.

Cons

None Really, the company is extremely accommodating to the employee and wants you to succeed.

"Potential Employee - recruited and interviewed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jackson Healthcare full-time

Pros

There are absolutely no pros for Jackson Healthcare!

Cons

There are absolutely no pros in applying for a job at Jackson Healthcare. They either completely ignore the fact that you applied for a job via their website or they have an initial call, tell you they will get back to you and never call you again - This has happened to me and three other people I know and we were all referrals of current employees. Says a lot about what they think about their own employees opinions. Most employees do not recommend applicants unless they feel they can do a job. Jackson Healthcare does not consider potential hires as "customers". They are missing out on excellent talent and it seems their HR and recruiting departments are just lazy. Just another corporation that does not care about employees or future employees that could really help them.

Advice to Management

Over haul your own HR and recruiting department - they are absolutely pitiful and very ironic considering the business that JH is in.

"Look Past the Smoke and Mirrors"

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nice facilities (cafeteria, gym, arcade, miniature golf, doctor's office, koi pond, popcorn machines)
    Philanthropic
    Classic movies on the shuttle buses

Cons

Loyalty seems to be a very high value and that translates into going along with management's fancy. It seems higher performing and more mature colleagues (not in age, but in emotional intelligence) are more often shown the door in favor of others. Although it might be said otherwise, it seems "yes" men and women fit into the culture in at least one of the many companies within the larger company.

Pay very close attention to what the leader of the company (not Jackson Healthcare, but the company within Jackson Healthcare) says during the interview process. If you hear anything remotely concerning take it very seriously.

Advice to Management

I would strongly encourage leadership of the company at-large to focus on encouraging management of each company to truly operate by the values. Look deeper than the financial numbers and establish measurable indicators of culture so that when it is adrift it can be effectively addressed. I hope one of the more influential companies in the local community can retain the influence and reputation that its original founder established but could be at stake.

7. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People first organization, solid parent company, strong values, competitive compensation

Cons

Companies under umbrella operate completely independently of each other

8. "Holtz Children's Hospital"

Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Miami, FL

I worked at Jackson Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly employees
    Benefits (reimbursement for tuition, healthcare, etc.)

Cons

Paying for parking
    Communication between departments

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the updating.

9. "DBA"

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Voted the greatest place to work in GA 9 times. They care about the employees.

Cons

There is nothing I found that needed improvement.

10. "Do not take a "search" consultant sales role. You've been warned!"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Search Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture their is pretty good but keep in mind you work there to get a pay check. They do a lot in the community.

Cons

Negotiate a sales territory up front or don't take the job. You are wasting your life if you go into this company as a "search" consultant. All you do as a search consultant is find business and pass it to other people. You'll work 10 hours a day passing business to lazy people who leave early everyday. You will get paid very little and you get hardly any time off. Then there will always be some reason for you not to get a territory. Or they will start you off with some crap states and you'll be 18 months in making 45k a year. Just don't take the search sales role.

Advice to Management

Start telling the truth during the interview process