Jackson Hospital (Alabama) Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jackson Hospital (Alabama) President & CEO Joe B. Riley
Joe B. Riley

1. "RN Certified Case Manager"

Former Employee - RN Certified Case Manager, Emergency Department in Roswell, GA

Pros

Best experience and exposure to all case management scenarios. Very much enjoyed the people and department I worked in.

Cons

No benefits or vacation for six months! This creates a hardship for employees.

Advice to Management

Competitive salaries, better benefits package.

2. "Good Opportunity to Learn"

I worked at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time

Pros

Great healthcare environment where employees can truly make a difference. My department was a good one to work in because my manager was encouraging and was always challenging me to further develop my skills. However, as of this date, she is no longer there.

Cons

Look at expanding the employee benefits - the health insurance plan needs to be overhauled. In addition, it is very disappointing that the hospital had to get rid of the traditional retirement plan.

Advice to Management

The 11th Floor needs to get out there and learn what is truly going in in all departments. Be supportive of change and be willing to try new things to attract the right talent.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - General Operations Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - General Operations Manager in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work along with some wonderful employees

Cons

There is a lack of loyalty in the employee climate.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the employees working in the trenches.

"Pity the fool."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria. Heated and cooled. Beats busting rocks in the hot sun.....barely.

Cons

Overall Management style is threatening. I've observed coworkers being publicly criticized. Managers receive no training and are chosen based on little more than ability to criticize others. Computer systems go down regularly.

Advice to Management

Take your meds.

"Great Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team work at it's finest .

Cons

Café food is expensive .

"RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

my manager and the PCM in ICU amazing and appreciative of all of our efforts.

Cons

Lack of staff, too many contract and travel nurses, moral is low and there are no raises

Advice to Management

Pay your staff and not travelers..they would stay if benefits outweighed cons

8. "Transition period"

Pros

There is a transitional period right now (Sept 2015). The administration is relatively new and bringing in the Studor Group to make us "better".

Cons

We don't feel a string sense of leadership. The administration is not an "open door" kind of people. Especially the VP over the lab.

Advice to Management

The leadership needs to get to know and understand your staff better. We feel unimportant and currently paid less than the other hospital in the city.

9. "Could be better, could be worse"

I have been working at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They try to do little things to boost morale. Every so often, administration will come by with snacks and tell everyone that we're doing a good job.

Cons

It's very political (Surprising , I know) with a side of nepotism. Some supervisors have no clue how to lead and repeatedly intentionally break the rules they are supposed to uphold. No one pays attention, or if they do, they don't care. It's discouraging.

Advice to Management

I know it's impossible to make everyone happy, but there are a lot of good employees that are tired of being made to give more for less.

"RN (Emergency Room)"

I have been working at Jackson Hospital (Alabama) part-time

Pros

- Work with a great group of RNs, MDs, NPs, PAs, and TECHS. Great teamwork (most of the time)

Cons

No lunch breaks, but 30 minutes will come out of your paycheck for a lunch break
    Management sees $ not employees

Advice to Management

Happy employees make happy patients. Show you care by coming in on some or at least one holiday a year even if it is to just say "thank you".

"db admin"

Current Employee - DB Administrative
    Current Employee - DB Administrative

Pros

no pros at all besides the parking availability. i can not say more. even the coffee shop makes very badly tasting drinks uncomparable to no other.

Cons

the IT department staff has very low level of knoledge and skills. The management considers it to be "ok" when systems like servers and data bases go down on weekly bases! The server admin is a self-taught unexperienced individual with the only skill in "point-and-click and see what happens".

Advice to Management

7 people in the department do absolutely nothing and are paid higher than an avarage. make ppl accountable and question the current skills in place!