Jackson National Life Reviews in Franklin, TN | Glassdoor

Franklin, TN

2.9
Barry L. Stowe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits, nice vacation package (in 25 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good pay, lots of advancement assistance (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Working long hours there can be difficult because you're sitting in front of a computer doing the same work everyday (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management sometimes focuses on quantity vs quality when it comes to call stats (in 7 reviews)

1. "Decent Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Jackson National Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the people that I works with.
    Love when we have contest

Cons

My shift changes day to day from start time to end time.
    Don't like the fact the we don't have personal days it all combined with vacation days
    its very hard to take time off work.

Advice to Management

Need to allow more people off work and need to add personal days

2. "Its okay, but not the worst"

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Franklin, TN

Pros

Great amount of PTO if managed properly - Adequate pay - Monday-Friday -

Cons

Shift bids every 6 months - no guarantee of the schedule every 6 months as hours are 8 - 8 a.m EST, Mon-Fri. There is an "us" and "them" culture between the Nashville office and Home Office in Lansing, MI. There is no room for true advancement. The culture looks at "promotion" as doing more within the current job role.

Advice to Management

Be more for the people, and less of what "the parent" says.

"Client Service Advisor"

Former Employee - Client Service Advisor in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Client Service Advisor in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Good cafeteria. Nice coworkers. Nice area. Great bonus.

Cons

Micromanagement - they even get on to you for going to the bathroom too much. They listen to some peoples calls more than others to wait on you to mess up.

Morale - the morale is so low that people cant wait to get away from here. I was so depressed working here that i drunk everyday and generally gave up on life. Stupid people from the armpit of America call in and are the dumbest individuals i have ever interacted with.

There is soooo much more. Stay away from here for your own sanity. I left earlier this year and it felt like being released from prison. Get your bonus then leave!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being fake. Stop watching certain people under a lens. Give people time away from that horrible place because suicide will happen eventually....

4. "Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Franklin, TN
    Former Intern - Intern in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment, learned a lot, plenty of resourses to find answers.

Cons

Not many, coffee was not very good.

"Decent experience for an intern, poor at everything else"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Franklin, TN
    Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Tasty cafeteria.
    -Subsidized intern housing (with a big caveat).
    -Exposure to management.

Cons

-Terrible pay; WAY below market rate for developers.
    -Misleading offer. They mentioned interns would be taxed on housing, but said the tax wouldn't be noticeable. Half my paycheck went to taxes because they put interns in a $60/night hotel. Would have much rather taken the $60 a day and found my own housing, but the option wasn't given. No transparency regarding cost or how housing was chosen. Response to all the interns' complaints: "We told you you'd be taxed, deal with it."
    -Formal work attire, need to donate to charity in order to even wear jeans on Fridays, but then you have to buy and wear a Jackson shirt with the jeans. When asked about a more casual dress code for non-client facing people the response was "It's always been this way."
    -Micromanagement: they monitor you like a hawk down to the last minute. If your payroll timesheet and and analytics time sheets don't match up, expect a meeting with your manager.
    -Half the workers are from India and are extremely difficult to understand.

Advice to Management

Pay better, be more transparent with interns, relax on the dress code for developers.

"Very disappointing, You either sink or swim - Every Man or Woman for themself - job stability, Iffy!!"

Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice enviroment, nice cafeteria, good benefits..... That's It!!!

Cons

I started with the company when they first arrived in Franklin, TN. I was very exciting at the beginning..... had a lot of boosting and encouragement by the company at the beginnig when I started... There were a lot more people that came on board....as we grew, things continued to change. Different departments transferred to this location from Lansing, Business was booming even more.... I felt very secure and comfortable with the company I worked for, and was doing pretty good for a while. As things started to settle, a little.... things started to change even more.... Not for the good. I will say, its not what you know, it's who you know..... Team work? this is a thing of the past.....competition, YES! Trying to get use to your own job and having to learn 4 to 5 other jobs at the same time, very stressful. Tons of multi-tasking , I will say. As far as the pay, for all the work you have to do? I don't think so.... Not enough per hour. I also will say that I don't approve of how everyone's productivity is broadcasted in a report on everyone's daily work progress which i feel should be between the supervisor and the employee. If the productivy numbers aren't up to par, you get warnings, then write ups, then.... terminated. This company is very numbers driven..... I am no longer with the company by my own choice. It took me a while to actually want to talk about this and this is not a complaint.....nor am I being disgruntal. This is just from my experience and I hope and pray that no one else has to go thru this ..... I actually started my own business, and I am doing very very well with it and I am very happy now.

Advice to Management

Shape up or ship out!!!