Cover image for Jackson National Life

72% Recommend to a Friend
74% Approve of CEO

Found 879 of over 949 reviews

3.7
Jackson National Life Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Barry L. Stowe  (no image)
Barry L. Stowe

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and well appreciated.(in 112 reviews)
  • "Great people and place to work(in 70 reviews)
  • "Pay is good for Lansing.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours for students and willing to work with everyone(in 36 reviews)
  • "The managers are great with checking in on SSA’s and making sure you’re caught up on work.(in 25 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Jackson National Life and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Review

Jan 19, 2023 - SSA, STATION SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment for career growth

Cons

More work branches to work in different places

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Please avoid working in finance under any circumstances.

Jan 3, 2023 - Investment Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. The headquarters is very nice. I love the community philanthropy from the overall organization.

Cons

Working in finance is very much “churn and burn” at Jackson. Management has no interest in helping their associates develop. They constantly dangle promises of promotions and development opportunities in front of them but never deliver. They will work you 90+ hour weeks and never deliver on anything they say. Everyone had clear expectations on when they were expected to work in the office, but many in management would constantly stay home without telling anyone. Management would also waste time talking to boyfriend/planning kids wedding during busy times and were never available to help with difficult projects. I was constantly being lied to by management and my time was constantly being wasted when I would try to develop my skills and understanding in my job. From what I understand, the rest of finance is very similar. My heart breaks for my former coworkers who are accepting being treated this way.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Jackson National Life team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Part-time job as a college student

Jan 23, 2023 - Strategic Support Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, low stress environment, good support system

Cons

limited interaction with other employees, fast training

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Decent pay but boring and stagnant work

Jan 18, 2023 - Strategic Support Associate in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, flexibility, and wage

Cons

Often become boring and repetitive, not much room to branch out for other work

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best Flexible Job

Jan 12, 2023 - Data Entry Clerk II in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to work when I wanted.

Cons

It felt like busy work, but it was easy.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

excellent benefits couldnt ask for more

Jan 2, 2023 - Liason Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job is very laid back, company has great benefits, and work life balance is excellent

Cons

none i can think of

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

RUN AWAY!

Jan 11, 2023 - Call Center Representative in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health Insurance is good, BCBS. That's about it.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, managers with heads up their butts, failure to listen to employees about system or service issues. Constant apologizing to customers for issues management won't deal with. Do not work here!!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Dec 27, 2022 - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, upfront PTO, great benefits, WAH options

Cons

WAH after the training and development period is complete.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Dec 26, 2022 - Genetics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great & friendly managers, nice environment

Cons

not much i can think of

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work

Oct 13, 2022 - Customer Service Advocate in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Jackson between 4-8 years and in that time I have been promoted vertically 3 times and horizontally once (I gave my title as my starting title for anonymity). The cafeteria is unusually good, the campus is unusually beautiful, the benefits are average to above average for large companies, the vacation time is easier to get than it is many places, and the people are unusually nice. How much you actually like your job will depend, as with any place, on two main factors: your relationship with your manager, and whether your particular job is a good fit. The call center is a tough place to start out, especially during tax season, but you can apply elsewhere after one year, as long as you receive a successful review. This is a place that will take people with or without a college degree and train you; it is a place where you can truly change your life, but you have to be patient and mind your p's and q's, too

Cons

As with any place, there are procedures that make no sense and are hard to change. A simple example: some of our forms have said for years that we close at 8 pm. Actually, we close at 7 pm. Really? But that is the reality of large groups: the things they do well are very efficient, but changing direction is rarely quick or easy. I am excited for their systems modernization - once the bugs are worked out

Viewing 1 - 10 of 879 Reviews
</>Embed

Jackson National Life Reviews FAQs

Jackson National Life has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 949 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Jackson National Life to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Jackson National Life employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Jackson National Life. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

72% of Jackson National Life employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jackson National Life 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Jackson National Life to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Jackson National Life Job Seekers