Jackson Nurse Professionals Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

30.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Jackson Nurse Professionals~810971
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Jackson had the best pay for LTC contracts during the beginning of covid pandemic(in 3 reviews)
  • "Nice people just insufficient at their jobs(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

K

Nov 4, 2020 - POS Financial in East Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to grow in

Cons

None great company to grow

Marketing Manager

This is great feedback, thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place for a contract

May 1, 2022 - Travel Registered Nurse in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get in touch with recruiter Transparent and on top of their game

Cons

None that I can think of - credentialing may take a little longer than normal Get better insurance

Marketing Manager

This is great feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our recruiters love what they do and strive together with our credentialing team to achieve our collective mission of improving the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. While our highly-skilled credentialing team regularly gets nurses started quickly, on occasion (and especially during the height of COVID) credentialing efforts may have felt slower due to our high-volume, critical deployment needs getting prioritized. As it relates to insurance, we benchmark our benefits and pay packages throughout the year and even expanded our benefit offerings last year, and are one of the few staffing companies that offer our travelers a matching 401k in addition to health benefits. We're disappointed that the insurance didn't meet your expectations.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

RUN

May 5, 2021 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing good to say about this place

Cons

bad pay, company only cares about higher ups making money, horrible time off and sick leave

Marketing Manager

We appreciate your insight and thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We’re sincerely disappointed to hear you had a negative experience at Jackson and hope you had a chance to provide deeper insight into your experience during your exit interview. We believe there’s always room for improvement, which is why we engage in a comprehensive, anonymous survey every year that leads to focus groups where we pinpoint opportunities for growth as a company. Regarding your reference to inadequate compensation, we conduct ongoing compensation reviews to ensure that we are competitive in our industry. In response to your thoughts around time off and sick leave, we increased days off to 23 days for your first year which also includes health benefits starting your first day, 6 free sessions with a mental health counselor through our EAP program, flexible work schedule options, and a healthcare savings incentive program with company contribution and free health coaching. We’re sorry to hear that none of this met your expectations and are open to ideas that further enhance our associates' lives.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Failure to pay

Sep 11, 2020 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people just insufficient at their jobs

Cons

Inability to communicate Unable to effectively read and comprehend their own basic time sheet. The company does not stand behind their nurses when they have to go to bat for them. Even when you have followed what they have directed !!!

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

We appreciate your sincere feedback and thank you for providing insight into a potential issue. As you know from working with us for 2 years, we have a stellar reputation for paying our team members on time every week, and for paying them accurately. But, we admit that mistakes can happen. In fact if a mistake does happen, our reconciliation process is immediate. Meaning, we wire or FedEx a check the same day. As the COVID-19 pandemic spread in recent months, our job orders for nurses grew by the thousands overnight, and many nurses like yourself answered the call. As a result, our nursing team grew exponentially in just a few short days and our administrative teams had to expand to meet the demand. So, while we’re not familiar with the circumstances you describe, we believe it’s possible that someone dropped the ball, and we may not have been given the chance to make it right. And for that, we’re deeply apologetic. It is never in our best interest to fail to pay nurses on time, or to inaccurately report time sheets. You are too important to us to behave as carelessly as you describe. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any mistakes on our part, and know that our President is interested in speaking to you personally to make sure we do everything we can to resolve what happened. Feel free to share more information about this experience at askjackson@jacksonnursing.com or reach out and ask for Bill Morgan so that we can take the appropriate steps on our end to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT place to work!

May 28, 2020 - National Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great response to COVID-19. So proud of my teammates and how hard we are working to meet the needs of our community.

Cons

Can't think of one. We are all working so well together.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback! As you know, we've been working day and night to fill travel nurse jobs in critical spots across the U.S. affected by COVID-19. The unity shown by our team and our sister companies to slow the advance of this pandemic reflects our mission statement beautifully: to improve the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. Thank you for being a part of our team!

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Boys club only

Aug 28, 2019 - Human Resources Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team building activists are good. They feed you often to stay at your desk during lunch. I did like the power hour.

Cons

Too many rules on getting leads. The top recruiters got the best ones. Men helped each other out with building their desks. Not enough support for the new recruiters.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

We appreciate the positive feedback along with your unique insight into areas we could improve upon. But, we've got to be honest with you. Our family of companies just landed on Fortune's 2019 National List of Best Employers for Women. In light of this recent award, getting additional insight from you as to your 'boys club" experience is really important to us. We hope you'll reach out and give us more details, but until then, please know that your feedback has been heard and is being discussed by the management team. Additionally, the lunches we provide are intended only as a gift to our team, not for any other purpose. Thank you for letting us know that we need to be very clear about that!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company but don't forget, it is still production based

Mar 28, 2019 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is room for financial growth but career pathways toward management are more limited. There is the ability to move between departments or companies, if you were looking for something new. The teams are diverse, in terms of personalities, tenure with the company, etc. Each associate is considered individually but are still held to production standards. The company continues to add new incentives to promote employee satisfaction, including increasing PTO and adding work from home or flexible work time options.

Cons

There have been people over the past few years that could not adapt to the culture and values or the job wasn't right for them so they blame the company. This is a production based role and company, so while there is a lot of giving back to the community, you still have to produce, which isn't a negative thing unless you aren't motivated to do well.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your very positive feedback! The truth is, recruiting is hard. And, just like travel nursing, it's not a career meant for everyone. In all reality, we’re not perfect. But, we are passionate about holding to our values as a team: Others First - Growth - Wisdom. Everyone at Jackson is important to our success as a team, from production to operations. And, we're incredibly grateful for a beautifully diverse team of associates who are experts in the travel nursing industry.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Trustworthy Company!

Mar 10, 2017 - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel that the management team is trustworthy and fair. The environment is typically high energy, positive and supportive. We really have a great team and I feel like the recruiters really care about their nurses.

Cons

Recruiting is stressful. There aren't many opportunities for promotion. This job can take up a lot of time off the clock, but I don't usually mind.

14 people found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

We really appreciate you leaving this feedback for us. Even though recruiting can be stressful, it's important that you enjoy quality time away from work as well. We'll be taking your input to heart and evaluating the environment all the way around.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jackson Nurse Professionals

Sep 11, 2015 - Recruiting Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is always so lively. I have never been in a room with this many delightful people. The staff here are all so kind, energized, and eager to help.

Cons

People do forget that this job field is high pressure. When hired they make it very clear that one of the main keys to success here is having a sense of urgency. I feel that most people that have a negative view towards this company are the ones that forget this key factor.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

GREAT Company!

Mar 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best places I've worked! Morale and Culture is awesome, never thought a company would be so interested in all employees lives personally and professionally which is a great thing! It's good to know you matter!

Cons

Although, there is lack of experience and some are not receptive to change, I think in the end the positive will out way the bad and the more information provided on the "why" the better people will feel about changes that need to be made.

6 people found this review helpful