Jackson & Coker Reviews

Updated May 11, 2020

3.9
Jackson & Coker President  Tim Fischer (no image)
Tim Fischer
Pros
  • "I have worked with other Locum agencies and I have the best experience with Jackson and Coker(in 9 reviews)

• "Great benefits (Insurance, on-site gym, cafeteria, 401k) being a part of Jackson Healthcare(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "While the company of Jackson healthcare stands for so many great positive things Jackson & Coker seems dead end(in 4 reviews)

• "This place is listed as one of the top places to work for in Atlanta(in 3 reviews)

1. "Positive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture was great. Supportive teammates.

Cons

Occasionally slower to adopt new ways to recruit.

Jackson & Coker2020-05-11
  2. "Incredible company!"

I have been working at Jackson & Coker

Pros

You work with people who genuinely want to help you succeed. New President is doing great things.

Cons

If you aren’t happy here, I question how you will be happy anywhere.

Jackson & Coker2020-02-29

"You'd better drink the koolaid...or else!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

nice looking campus lots of caring people amenities charitable contributions

Cons

office politics like no other lack of good leadership very unequal pay for people on same team work/life balance is untrue for many

Jackson & Coker2020-03-10
  4. "Jackson & Coker is a good employer"

Current Employee - Communications/Writer in Middletown, CT

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly efficient staff are helpful

Cons

I have no complaints about this company

Jackson & Coker2020-01-30

February 10, 2020VP of HR

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're glad you enjoy working of us, we are glad to have you!

"Great reviews but Realistically it’s a bust"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

The amenities, the cafeteria, and sometimes the fun times and activities that they host

Cons

This place is listed as one of the top places to work for in Atlanta. While there are a lot of amenities, if you are not part of the in group and go drinking and partying with them, then they don’t care about you. The training is substandard and if they don’t feel that you’re adapting to the training that they don’t really give, they fire you. It really is like high school and if you don’t fall into the in group, then your time here is short. Even though there are amenities, don’t expect to use them because everything is about numbers. I would get there at seven in the morning and often times not leave until seven at night

Jackson & Coker2020-02-05

February 10, 2020VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out for you here. We have indeed won numerous Best Places to Work awards, as well as consistently high levels of associate engagement and satisfaction. In our most recent company survey, 87% of our associates “would recommend Jackson and Coker as a Great Place To Work.” Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate into success here. Our goal is to consistently find candidates who will be successful for the role they are hired. If your employment was terminated here, that decision was not taken lightly. I'm not aware of what social interactions or extracurricular activities you experienced, but I can assure you they weren’t used to assess your ability to do your job. I would encourage you to seek out leadership or Human Resources if you feel this way in any future roles. Metrics are important in the research role, as they are a sign of productivity and a strong indicator of potential future success. There might be times when new hires have training sessions and have to stay a little later to attain their metrics goals, but our baseline metrics should be able to be met in 8 hours. Certainly those who decide to work more than 8 hours a day will ramp up faster. I’m truly sorry Jackson and Coker didn’t work out for you. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Better companies out there - just looks nice"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time

Pros

The gym and facilities, casual business attire.

Cons

Poor management + plays favorites amongst employees. Only vets make $$, unless you're a favorite and get handed a book of business when someone finally gets tired of the job and quits.

Jackson & Coker2020-02-05

February 10, 2020VP of HR

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience at Jackson and Coker. We do have world-class amenities, it’s a beautiful place to work. But our sales roles aren’t for everyone. It’s hard work to establish your own book of business, and getting handed someone else’s book of business isn't something anyone should count on. Jackson and Coker puts significant resources into our new hire training program. Our new hires spend a considerable amount of time in our training program, the NEST, to ensure they have developed the skill sets to be successful. I would recommend to anyone interested in a sales role to ask other companies the content and duration of their training program. It won’t be as good as ours. We want this to be a career for you, but it won’t be easy. The upside to our sales roles, in addition to our amenities, is uncapped commission, career development, opportunity for growth, and working side by side with fellow associates who live our core values of Others First, Wisdom and Growth every day. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company really cares about their employees.

Cons

I have not come across any cons yet.

Jackson & Coker2019-12-02

February 10, 2020VP of HR

"DON'T work there if you like progress and change"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salaries, overall team building and nice office, but that's about it.

Cons

They say they wanted change but really, the DON'T and if you try to make any changes, even if you KNOW they will benefit them, they just don't like it. They are very much a VERY CONSERVATIVE company entrenched in their myopic view of their industry - and even when beaten by the competition, they don't like to learn from people that know or the competitors. They also say they hire and want to retain good employees....but from my experience they have a massive churn on employees. If you're a slacker that just want to do what you're told...This might be for you, but if you're an above average performer, well, I'd avice you to look at other options.

Jackson & Coker2019-10-21

October 25, 2019VP of HR

Thanks so much for your feedback. We understand there are now more choices than ever of places to work. We strive to maintain our employer of choice status, which allows us to attract and retain the best associates we can find. Based on associate feedback on our annual associate survey, we rolled out additional flexible work options in 2019, including work from home. We will complete the roll out in 2020. However, we believe the teamwork, interactions and daily display of our Core Values (Others First, Growth and Wisdom) that occur when our associates work together have contributed heavily to our rapid growth and profitability. If a candidate is searching for 100\% remote work, this company will not be a good fit for them.I don't recall anyone leaving the organization with the title you provided on this review, but would be grateful if you contacted me at info@jacksonhealthcare.com to provide specific concerns so I can better understand where to best focus our efforts. Again, thank you for your feedback.

9. "BEST company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture where you can be yourself. Amazing campus with on site restaurants, gym, urgent care clinic, child care. You can pay for chiropractic services, massages, personal training at the gym. There's a nail shop, blowout services, and dry cleaning pick-up/drop-off also at the gym. The people are all nice and friendly. It's a great place to work!

Cons

Not enough free time to take advantage of all the on campus amenities.

Jackson & Coker2019-09-27

October 8, 2019VP of HR

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the time spent letting us know your favorite aspects of working at Jackson & Coker, as well as what we need to work on. We always strive to be an employer of choice and Best Place to Work!

10. "Great to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Company Culture 2. Benefits and Perks 3. You can make a difference 4. Management listens

Cons

1. Computer software is not the best, not the worst.

Jackson & Coker2019-08-27