Jackson & Coker Reviews | Glassdoor

Sandra Garrett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Current Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and positive environment

Cons

None that I can think of off hand

Advice to Management

Continue with transparency.

2. "horrible firm"

Former Employee - Slave in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Slave in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay for performance which promotes unethical unscrupulous behavior. some staff are nice and mean well but at the end of the day its about money

Cons

induce and support the most unethical and nasty practices of staff to land contract or a hire. management isolates themselves from the line staff so they can blame them for the behavior and claim it's not corporate policy, etc.

3. "Fantastic Internship!"

Pros

great people, great environment, learned a lot

Cons

none, can't imagine a better internship

4. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time

Pros

- Great benefits (Insurance, on-site gym, cafeteria, 401k) being a part of Jackson Healthcare
    - Lots of opportunities to advance due to company growth
    - Supportive management team that is open to new suggestions
    - Company that continuously gives back to the community
    - Competitive salaries and a great commission/bonus structure

Cons

Nothing significant so far

5. "Best Career Decision of My Life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was referred by a close friend that works for another Jackson Healthcare company and have loved every minute of it.

Cons

I haven't found one yet

Advice to Management

Having worked for very large world wide corporation with over 200,000 employees to small business that has less than 100 employees I can truly appreciate all that Jackson and Coker has to offer. I love that they promote a culture of learning and giving. I have never worked for a company that truly walks the talk and yet still strives for more and to do better each year. I love that we are part of a family of companies for Jackson Healthcare that is changing the world in a variety of ways. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

"Unethical behavior"

Pros

Nice location in a convenient spot.

Cons

Enormous favoritism, unresponsive management, and sadly -- many people in sales being asked to take highly unethical steps in order to obtain the most money. And I mean highly unethical. I was asked to place a doctor -- who gave up a job he liked for something that J and C had promised him. At the last minute they had someone else come in with a greater commission and asked me to tell him - the day before Thanksgiving -- that he couldn't start because the company had changed their mind. When they hadn't. They still wanted him. And we were all told to lie about it or we would lose our jobs. I would never work there again and I would advise any doctor looking for a job to avoid this place.

Advice to Management

Attend a seminar on ethical behavior. Don't treat people like you're running a totalitarian state.

7. "Accounting dept is brutal"

Former Employee - Accounting in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jackson healthcare is charitable and has amazing core values and beliefs. Just wish all departments (accounting specifically) practiced what LT AND JH do. JC could learn alot by how LT and JH run.

Cons

While the company of Jackson healthcare stands for so many great positive things Jackson & Coker seems dead end. No opportunity for growth and alot of favoritism. When asked to leave and go to LT it is known that upper management won't allow it as this is a comoetitior. Other companies under JC seem to have better leadership and care more about the employees. JC IS a dead end go to LT!

Advice to Management

Get a president that allows people to move within all companies under the JH family to benefit their career and their growth. Get upper management to practice the core values set by the Jackson family.

Jackson & Coker Response

Jun 2, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your employment experience at Jackson & Coker. Our leadership team strives every day to live the Jackson Healthcare company values: 1) Others... More

"Doesn't matter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People. Building. Great amenities. Location. The philanthropic initiatives organized by the parent company Jackson Healthcare. "Best Places to Work". Benefits are great.

Cons

At the end of the day you are nothing but a number to management which I guess is to be expected in sales. Lots of forward thinking people but little improvement.

Advice to Management

The acts of humiliation and degradation are horrible and disturbing.

9. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of this company is phenomenal. In a "sales" role it is very difficult to find a supportive and positive culture when driving numbers is the name of the game, but this company is unlike any I have experienced. It starts from ownership all the way to ground level employees. Team members work together and genuinely want to see each other exceed and improve. If you are driven and have a good work ethic and value a company that genuinely values and cares for its employees look no more. There is tremendous opportunity for growth and development professionally and financially and I would recommend working for this company without reservation.

Cons

While you are ramping up compensation is low/average, but the long-term potential is great. Plan for about 1 year of building/ramping up unless you have had recent industry experience. However it is worth it in the long term.

10. "Physician Recruiter"

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time

Pros

Holidays are really fun. Good benefits. Good people

Cons

It can be very click-y. High call demand. Constant changing. Can't take a lot of time off because of your goals.