Jackson & Coker "jackson and coker" Reviews | Glassdoor

Jackson & Coker Employee Reviews about "jackson and coker"

Updated Apr 15, 2019

4.1
Jackson & Coker President Sandra Garrett (no image)
Sandra Garrett
Pros
  • "I have worked with other Locum agencies and I have the best experience with Jackson and Coker(in 9 reviews)

• "Was referred by a close friend that works for another Jackson Healthcare company and have loved every minute of it(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "While the company of Jackson healthcare stands for so many great positive things Jackson & Coker seems dead end(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "jackson and coker"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best place I've worked and mgmt. that shows they care"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Jackson & Coker is a great company to work for because they are always thinking of the associates! They openly share information and have an open-door policy all the way up to the president. These are some of the top reasons I came to Jackson & Coker and continue to stay!!!

Cons

At times the work and family life balance gets out of balance but I've never had a job that didn't happen every so often.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and stay true to our company values!!!

Jackson & Coker2019-04-15
  2. "The best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for many companies but I truly feel Jackson and Coker is the very best. Management actually cares about all Associates with genuine concern for a great work/life balance - they live the Core Values and Culture. Management is fair, honest and transparent while asking for OUR opinions which are considered and often implemented. Benefits such as average to above average pay, on-site free clinic, good... health/dental/vision/legal/etc among so many other advantages.

Cons

Some processes could be more clearly defined but with a new concept defined earlier this year and in progress, this is already being addressed.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do what you already are - I'm hoping that I never have to look for another job!

Jackson & Coker2019-04-10

"Awesome Company. Phenomenal People. Great Systems."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Jackson & Coker is a role-model for how many more companies should be: Employee & Customer-centric. They hire people with great skills and attitude and provide a very comprehensive solution for employees including healthcare, fitness, lunches, vacation time, education and mentoring.

Cons

Maybe could embrace the concept of telecommuting a bit more

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jackson & Coker2018-04-27
  4. "Jackson and Coker for Locum's physicians"

Current Contractor - Locum Physician

I have been working at Jackson & Coker for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with other Locum agencies and I have the best experience with Jackson and Coker. I do get the sense that they try their best to accommodate the needs of their physicians and the hospital clients equally.

Cons

I wish they had more client affiliations. As a Locum's physician part of the appeal is being able to pop into a new environment and learn not just about different work culture but social cultures. JC has a number of great clients in big cities across the country. That's why I'm surprised when I considered jobs in Hawaii they were all linked to another big Locum's firm.

Advice to Management

If they can widen their scope to include a couple of clients in all 50 states and maybe Canada that'll be great.

Jackson & Coker2017-03-24

"All that glitter is NOT gold..."

Former Employee - Search Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Jackson & Coker full-time

Pros

Shiny building with all the bells and whistles for Jackson Healthcare (difference between them and Jackson & Coker). And why do you think they offer all of those "perks" but J&C doesn't offer anything special in addition to it...

Cons

Where to start.... - The job itself is in a saturated market which makes it hard for doctors to remember who called them and they will take the better paying offer (makes sense). The way J&C acts (they ride the coattails of Jackson Healthcare) you’re competing against your own company at Locum Tenens! - Severely lacking with technology for employees. You’ll become a wiz at excel since when you get started, you... have to track down and badger coworkers for info on the doctors you submitted as a lead. Be prepared to waste a huge amount of your time, 35%+ of each day, keeping up with this so you get paid correctly at the end of the month. - That's right NO automated payment process for the "Search Consultants" which you could be stuck in for 1+ year(s). - Prematurely celebrates wins. Real Recruiters know it doesn’t mean anything if the person doesn’t start working, but here they congratulate and hype up the same people on getting the verbal acceptance vs. an actual start. - Too much emphasis on quantity of phone calls vs. quality. - Management claims they want your feedback, but will use it against you at a later time (like to help them fire you which they did to a high producing and 2+ year tenured co-worker who was no longer happy). - Get ready to be blasted back to the high school clique days along with gossip that everyone, including management chimes in on. There are no secrets here… except amongst the managers who leave you guessing on what’s going to be their next sleazy plan to get you cranking out more phone calls, or who is going to get fired or is leaving next.

Advice to Management

Tried giving advice/feedback and it wasn't well received. Rather not waste time giving advice and let their own destructive behaviors and poor management continue to bite them on their own. Advice to potential candidates: Be prepared to make 70+ calls a day, listen to sob stories from doctors, be surrounded by cattiness and strange cliques, favoritism, constant wondering what management is talking about (they... partake in the office gossip too), and overall weird work environment.

Jackson & Coker2017-01-11

"Jackson & Coker is truly a great place to work"

Vice President in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker

Pros

Jackson & Coker is a wonderful place to work and make friends as well. The culture is very supportive and positive. Training is extensive in order for each new associate to have an excellent chance for success. Overall a great place to have a long term career in an industry that truly makes a difference.

Cons

I've pondered this question for a couple of minutes and really can't come up with any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training and building a good bench for the next generation of managers.

Jackson & Coker2016-07-22

"Fantastic Experience Thus Far"

Internist, M D in Eureka, CA

I have been working at Jackson & Coker

Pros

Although new to the locums scene, as a client, I've dealt with a multitude of locums firms that have not responded in a timely fashion, presented an adequate amount of opportunities, continually passive-aggressively push projects I didn't want, and were not very friendly. I've had nothing but positive experiences working with Jackson & Coker thus far (past 3 months). Positives: response time usually within 1... business day if not sooner; friendly; periodically follows up; efficient documentation/travel/client team.

Cons

n/a thus far (3 months)

Advice to Management

Maggie, Mckenzie, Colin, Angel have been FANTASTIC.

Jackson & Coker2016-07-07

"Named "Best Place to Work" for a reason!"

I have been working at Jackson & Coker

Pros

I have never worked for a company like Jackson and Coker. Yes, the benefits are great and the amenities are great, but I have to say that the people and the atmosphere at Jackson and Coker are what gives me that, "Can't wait to get to work," feeling. They go over and beyond making sure every employee knows that they count and are a part of the team. I'm so excited to be here and part of something that is growing so... quickly.

Cons

I can't really think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jackson & Coker2016-04-13
  9. "Simply the BEST company to work for!"

Current Employee - Divisional Vice President

I have been working at Jackson & Coker full-time

Pros

Strong positive culture firmly grounded in a meaningful purpose with a focus on professional growth and development. Jackson & Coker allows for an Amazing opportunity to work with people you admire and respect!

Cons

There are ONLY "pros" when describing the #1 Place to Work in Atlanta!!

Jackson & Coker2015-07-31