Jacksons Food Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

John D Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Located in the heart of Meridian, stable company, tuition reimbursement (in 11 reviews)

• You do see the people from the corporate office quite often (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Not allowed enough coverage by upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Managers are REQUIRED to work 45 hours a week and only be paid for 40 (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Fuel Delivery Driver in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Fuel Delivery Driver in Boise, ID

I worked at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very patient management, great pay, Dispatch were great to work with. My boss was very organized and left you alone to do your job. Be flexible, follow the rules and pay attention, you can make great money for being a truck driver! One could easily do this job well into old age if one so chooses. It is easy work with very little physical output. Equipment is newer and well maintained.

Cons

Work load can get grueling at peak seasons. The trade off is, if you can handle it, you can make great money! Some days you work a full 12 hour shift, some only eight hours, be flexible! Medical insurance was expensive for a family.

Advice to Management

Thanks, it was fun!

2. "Employment Review"

I have been working at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Located in the heart of Meridian, stable company, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Micromanaging, HR is overbearing, coworkers are untrustworthy and management is secretive

Advice to Management

Work on not micromanaging employees, update filing systems and database, be more trustworthy and open with employees

3. "District Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive wages and salaries. Constant grow. Advancement opportunities. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Too much focus on customer complaints vs employee's.

Advice to Management

Need more focus on personal interaction between managers and employees.

4. "Overworked and walked on"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was decent , some customers were great.

Cons

You are completely replaceable and unappreciated

Advice to Management

Maybe you wouldn't lose so many good people if they were treated better

5. "Jackson's Does not Value Their Employees"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the type of work you are doing, a $0.25 raise & benefits package available after 60 days of employment, bonuses every two months as long as your store is at or above expectations. $1 an hour shift differential for working nights.

Cons

I can't speak for all stores, but the store I worked at felt like high school with all of the cliques, gossiping, and drama. Scheduling is irratic, and you only find out the upcoming week's schedule the Friday before, so it is nearly impossible to plan in advance. My store manager denied several employee vacations, but took almost two weeks of vacation herself during the busiest time of the year. Management expects the world from their employees, but seems to do the minimum amount of work throughout the store themselves. The company has no compassion for employees who become ill or injured, they just deem them "non essential employees", deny their leave of absences, and dismiss them if they can't come back to work within their set time frame (however, you are eligible for rehire, you just have to start at square one again). The stress this job puts you through makes the decent pay and the bonuses not worth the headache.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter. Make your store level management spend some time working all of the shifts so they have realistic expectations about what can and cannot get done.

6. "I love it"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great bonuses, everyone that I work with is awesome, Mr Jackson even took out my trash for me.

Cons

Jackson energy fuel driver's are rude

7. "customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Jacksons Food Stores part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement store bonuses other than those two things there's not a whole lot of Pros to talk about well maybe I can throw in that they have a 401k

Cons

I believe that their bonus program causes friction between employees because everyone blames everyone else if the bonus isn't as much as it could be Oher if they don't get a bonus at all their managers are micromanagers and are constantly nitpicking about any little thing they can find because of course they want their bonuses if you ever leave Jackson's or get fired good luck on trying to draw unemployment the company has an extremely high turnover and there are good reasons for that it all comes down to how they treat their employees which is with no respect I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy

Advice to Management

Wake up and die right

8. "Underpaid and overworked"

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Meridian, ID

I worked at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few good people work there, and the free fountain drinks are a okay benefit. There should be some type of discount when your working though.

Cons

Compensation is a joke unless your way upper management. Benefits are terrible, and the time off policy is a joke. When you work in a corporate office of a major retailer you would expect to get some PTO.. wrong! First year no PTO at all. Once you have been there a year you get 12 days. Favoritism, drama, pay scales between departments make no sense at all. Leadership is lacking in all areas of the office. The Jacksons should be doing more for their career corporate employees but they are treated terribly. If you take your career serious don't waste your time applying for a job, they will pay you as little as possible and treat you like dirt.

Advice to Management

Treat your corporate employees better! Many of them went to school for their fields and have a lot to offer! Give them a separate PTO plan and better benefits. They want to make your company as good as it can be so reward them for that.

9. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - District Manager in Des Moines, WA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Des Moines, WA

I worked at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding leadership. Good communication from the corporate office to front line employees. Jacksons Food Stores runs in flow, and all employees are appreciative for there hard work.

Cons

The company direction & priorities can change quickly and its important that all employees have a flexible & positive attitude in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "Amazing company to work for !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Jacksons Food Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competive wage at entry level, high store manager annual salaries with opportunities to make much more, benefits, extensive training. I have had the privilege of working for Jacksons for many years and yes I consider it a privilege. They have high standards and reward those who achieve these high standards. Some may think this is being picky but we truly want the best of the best. I would recommend working for Jacksons to anyone willing to put in the work, anyone who wants a company with MANY areas of advancement and most importantly a company that really cares about their employees. There isn't a company in the world that is perfect but Jacksons really strives to make their employees lives better. Over the last year the company has invested a substantially in across the board pay raises. If you want a challenging, exciting and going places company to work for Jacksons is it.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are