Jacobs Reviews | Glassdoor

1,699 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,699 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Frequent changes on upper management level, frequent operations management changes (in 42 reviews)

• Some employees are cynical about "people are our greatest asset" core value (in 40 reviews)

1. "Uggghhh"

Former Employee - Project Controls in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Controls in Houston, TX

I worked at Jacobs (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much, "ok" pay and free meals

Cons

No organization. No organization. No organization.

2. "No Carrier Growth - No One Cares About You or Your Carrier Goals"

Current Employee - Estimator in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Estimator in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is super easy and not challenging

Cons

Only the extreme few will ever get promoted. No carrier path direction.
    The work environment is cliques and dismal. No matter how hard you work and show your grit, you will never get anywhere in the company. Management is M.I.A. all the time, you can see them in body but the spirit is gone. Your manager is a person either afraid to let you shine or don't want to be bothered, most managers are outdated and have not evolved with time.

Advice to Management

Promote workers who are putting it in and making it happen. Be apart of the team and not out for yourself. Act like the work matters and the team matters.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Interesting work, not much else. The area is horrible.

Cons

Poor salary. Exhorbitant insurance premium. Management holds themselves to much lower standards than they expect of the employees. No concern of employees. Competence is not a concern.

Advice to Management

Pay better, drop insurance premiums, hold employees to professional standards

5. "Structural Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Jacobs (More than 3 years)

Pros

9/80 Schedule. Some cool people.

Cons

Little to no advancement. No bonus. Horrible benefits.

"Jacobs winning contract"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eglin AFB, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eglin AFB, FL

Pros

I know no pros in working for Jacobs

Cons

Their pays vales and the way they treat their people after a contract win. Do not accept offers until the end. They will give you what you ask for, just don't back down. The second and third offers aren't the last ones, like they lie to you and say. They put the almighty dollar ahead of their people.

Advice to Management

Live up to your hype of caring about your people. Talk is cheap. Do not lie when you negotiate salaries.

"HR Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great to work with. I enjoy going to work with them Monday through Friday. Working in Houston is also a plus.

Cons

Job security is based on current markets and not individual performance. Sometimes i worry that I will lose my job over night.

Advice to Management

Pay me more so that i will not leave. Pay for more benefits. Invest in slow markets so that the company will grow on the backside of slow markets.

8. "Jacobs Engineering, great company"

Former Employee - FMS Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - FMS Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Jacobs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership, solid company, highly recommended

Cons

Only con is it is hard to move up,

"Senior Project Controls"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Jacobs (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice people, good workhours, good location

Cons

bad benefits, no career groeth

"Do NOT work for Jacobs."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for Jacobs.

Cons

Health Ins. is the cheapest plan they could find, MA health is a better plan than the plan they provide.

Don't be fooled, Sick Time isn't really provided for it's employees. Sick time is actually time taken from your earned PTO time.

Regardless of whether or not a state of emergency has been issued during winter months Jacobs remains open and you have to use your PTO in order to not go into work and still get paid.

They only give the four major holidays off that they are required by law to give.

While I applaud Jacobs for wanting to improve and empower the women that work at Jacobs, it should not however be a required that you must be a mentor or a mentee. I have no desire to become either.

Advice to Management

You say you care about your employees but yet your actions say otherwise.

Provide your employees with better health ins.
    Give your employees actual separate sick time, don't just go around the law and say you provide sick time.

Don't "punish" employees that do not have the option of working from home during dangerous weather conditions by making us use our earned PTO time in order to be paid for that time.

We're not asking for every holiday off, but some holidays that are not required by the law to give your employees would be nice. My husband gets more time off from holidays that we do.

You made it mandatory that employees set job goals to go above and beyond for their position, but you don't give incentives to your employees to want to give more.

11. "Poor Career Choice"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Jacobs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I didn't not work there long enough to see an upside to working there.

Cons

I was recruited from another company to come and work in their inside sales department, mostly to work on pursuits and other assorted marketing/sales material. I was told that they were doing great and wanted to get a larger piece of the pie. After a couple of months, I was called in and told that they were not making their 2016 numbers and that there was going to be a work-force reduction and that my position was one of those deemed redundant. The HR person told me everything over the phone, they did not have my paperwork in order and never returned phone calls or emails when I had questions.
    Overall a low class outfit.

Work Environment:
    The department is run like the wild west. No real leadership and decisions seem to be relegated to others down the chain. Also there was a lot of pettiness in the group.
    There is no brand management or project controls. Everything takes longer than it should and leads to an inconsistent quality of work.

Benefits are way below what a company of this size should be offering. For the monthly cost and deductibles, you would be better off shopping on the healthcare exchange.

Advice to Management

You are getting paid to lead, so lead. Support staff is not expendable. Without them there would be no pursuits, no wins, no profits! It takes a long time to learn how to take a bunch of engineer resumes, past projects and proposals and make them a single coherent client proposal package. Respect that.

Showing 1,699 of 1,814 reviews