Jacuzzi Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Rowan
1 Rating

"No growth opportunities, low pay for high workload"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chino, CA

I have been working at Jacuzzi Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly secure job, since they laid off too many people back in 2008 and refuse to hire any more to cover the workload from recovered sales. HR department is too afraid to fire anyone even if they are bad at their job because they don't want to get sued. Most of the dealer network is friendly and nice to talk to. Some fairly talented people with a lot of product knowledge.

Cons

Utter lack of compensation to employees even after years of service. Pay is below the minimum accepted for job titles pretty much across the board (except for upper management, of course). HR department is too afraid to fire anyone even if they are bad at their job because they don't want to get sued. Use of temp labor in Mexico production facility is a joke and product quality has suffered greatly in recent years. Focus of the company changes on an hourly basis, depending on who is currently barking the loudest. Management ignores big issues like product quality and employee dissatisfaction to focus on inane details like conflicts scheduling the conference room and making sure people clean their desks. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Constantly hiring executives, but no workers. Executives in charge have no knowledge of the industry and seem to have only rudimentary skills at running a business.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the high level marketing executives (there are more of them than total people in my department) and VPs of something or other and get some boots on the ground employees to decrease individual workload and increase customer service quality through personal interaction. STOP BUILDING IN MEXICO. Period. The cost of sending employees back and forth, replacing and retraining workers, warranty returns, and reduction in word of mouth sales referrals more than offsets any labor cost savings. The best choice in components isn't always the cheapest - Sometimes saving .$30 per unit is not worth sacrificing the reliability of the parts. You are losing all your long term employees with product knowledge for one simple reason: pay. Pay them more, or they will leave and go somewhere that will and take their industry knowledge with them to help your competitors. As one of the "old guard," I know what this place was like back when Jonathan Clark ran the show. I wish we could go back to the way this company was in those days.

"Not a place to stay"

Pros

Its lack of structure allows you to come up with creative solutions.

Cons

Very hard to get promotions with reasonable salary increase.

Advice to Management

look for improvements in peoples life not only on the company's profits.

"Change is needed."

I have been working at Jacuzzi Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everybody is nice to your face.

Cons

Do not believe all the positive reviews. There is zero flexibility for work. I get dinged for showing up late after dropping kids off at school, Ive been in the same department for almost 10 years and received one .80 raise. .80 CENTS!!!! When I first staretd I had no kids my family has since grown I now have real life expenses such as day care for multiple kids, car payments and a house payment plus cost of living inflation. I'm to make all this happen on my .80 cent raise. I have not been given any opportunity for growth and when asked I was told I was hired to work my desk under my current job title so basically don't ask to cross train or learn something new or transfer to another department because its a NO! The ONLY people who EVER get raises or promotions are the VP's. Jacuzzi is so nice about sending out memo's company wide to congratulate the people already making enough money that they are making more money but we have NOT seen one of these nice memos come across for any hourly employee. Great job on this Jacuzzi!!! Incompetent supervisors who don't know how to supervise or create good working morale. Supervisors are only concerned about making themselves look important. Whenever there is a company or department outing we cannot all go together because some are salary and some are hourly and with my .80 cent raise in 10 years I cannot afford to take a long lunch. When there are 1/2 working days during the holidays only salary employees who get raises and promotions get the whole day paid hourly employees have to compensate with their own time and if most of them are like me and only received .80 raise that's pretty tough.

Advice to Management

Supervisors should be sent to a workshop to teach the meaning of team building and the importance of building morale before given promotions or put in leadership roles. Just as we are reviewed once a year for our work performance I trully believe every supervisor/boss should be rated and reviewed by the people under them even if anonymously because it does not take a genious to know morale starts at the top and trickles down. Also create opportunites of growth for EVERBODY not just the salary employee's or employees who have already received raises and promotions. Its gets very tired and depresseing seeing memos of the same people getting yet again another promotion and raise. Show EVERY employee they are valued give incentives for EVERYBODY, give bonuses out to EVERYBODY. Maybe one year have the VIP's not get bonuses and trickle that money down to everyone else? Or give us time off during the holidays paid or just give us the opportunity to prove our worth.

"Engineering"

I worked at Jacuzzi Brands full-time

Pros

Good team members in Engineering only

Cons

Too much marketing driven, very less appreciation for engineering, and unrealistic expectations and project timelines

"Famous company headed down the drain!"

I worked at Jacuzzi Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of good, dedicated long term employees at the manufacturing facility trying their best to keep the company afloat.

Cons

Company management way too top heavy.
    Pay OK, but benefits have been cut.
    Management on west coast out of touch with manufacturing in Georgia.
    Very poor communications between engineering and rest of company.
    Engineering/Op VP trying to do everything himself.
    Cutting too many experienced people who know how things happen and company history.

Advice to Management

Improve communications!
    Put sales staff on partial salary/partial commission - give them incentive to sell.

"A long road ahead!"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management

Pros

If you are looking for opportunities across all areas which include: broken processes, minimalistic data reporting, archaic MRP system, keeping overheads low, you probably get the picture by now, then this is the place to work.

Cons

Mediocrity will always be Jacuzzi's first & last name. Prior to the housing fiasco, they were just about making money but now barely keeping up. 3 changes in senior management in the last 5 years. No bonuses in the last 2 years due to reasons mentioned above. No plan for personal growth. Some folks have fancy titles but it does not imply much. The amount invested in technology & people is practically non-existent as cash is frugal.

Advice to Management

Need to have one focused overall vision to grow this company. Need to invest in technology & people. Need to increase prices and hold their ground. Improve Quality & reduce unnecessary overhead.