Jaeger Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great Company, treats people really well."

Former Employee - Former Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Jaeger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good discount, great products that last and look great, good people that treat others with respect. Well trained staff at stores.

Cons

Small company with few opportunities for upward mobility. Technology somewhat antiquated. Little stale on fashion side. Need more locations throughout USA.

2. "Treats customers well"

I worked at Jaeger part-time

Pros

Company offers employees a great discount on clothes. They really know how to respect the customer with great customer service.

Cons

Can be stodgy in the styling. The prices are high and when they expect you to were a current season of clothes, it is hard to afford, even with the discount.

3. "Manager"

I worked at Jaeger full-time

Pros

Established company with a great history. Lifestyle brand and quality clothes.

Cons

Constant change of CEO and to many changes with the branding. They have lost there identity.

Advice to Management

Revisit the brand and identity when it was successfully moving forward within the fashion industry and had jaeger London and jaeger black included in the range.

5. "Dated"

Current Employee - Commercial Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Commercial Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Jaeger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good store discount and perks

Cons

Dated company, needs to get with the times

6. "Worst job I've had."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Jaeger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

looking back I honestly can't think of any. Just an out-of-touch company on a downward spiral full of empty promises.

Cons

People - pushy, arrogant and condescending towards part-time workers like myself.

Brand - has had it's day now and is trying desperately to cling onto the reputation it once had. Really can't see it being around for much longer.

Pay - was told there would be commission in the interview but this was not mentioned once after that and turned out to be false.

HR - extremely unprofessional. When I quit I wrote a lengthy email to the HR department stating how I felt bullied by the store manager which is what lead me to quit. I also told them that other members of staff have complained about the same person and they should look into the matter. HR didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my complaint, they instead replied 'We have sent you a letter in the post - regards...' I opened the letter to find out they had dismissed me (2 days after I notified my manager I was leaving) due to 'failings in my attitude.'

I foolishly ignored the poor reviews on here before I joined Jaeger and my advice to you would be to read them and avoid this company at all costs.

I've never had the misfortune of being bullied until my time at Jaeger and the fact they didn't even have the decency to reply to a matter of that magnitude speaks volumes about the way they treat their staff.

Advice to Management

treat your staff with some respect instead of tormenting and bullying them until they quit.

7. "team leadersale,customer service"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Jaeger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great place to learn all managers and supervisors work-u must be talented and do job from them mostly with promises that u get promote and never happend. 6 weeks holiday a year on full time position

Cons

only flexible workers,no benefits,no salary increase at all,no bonuses
    base salary 9.50euro p/h,uniform to be paid by employee.-u must be talented and do job yours supervisors and manageress mostly and overtimes with promises that u get promote and never happened.

8. "Unfortunate Place to Work"

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

Pros

Very good discounts on outlet clothing and the staff I worked on the food with were really great.

Cons

Jaeger doesn't care employee happiness or fulfillment and thus they fail to motivate or inspire their staff to bring 110% to their position. Upper management is dismissive and does not listen to the concerns of staff members that work on the shop floors. The uniforms bought with the clothing allowance, are taken away at the end of each season (you can buy it back at 50% of the original price), there are very few opportunities for upward mobility, very few benefits, and no events that give recognition to the hard work of the staff (the Christmas party was a 10 pound bill to go to a pub) So, there's literally no incentive for anyone to want to remain loyal to this company.

Advice to Management

Take a clue from successful businesses and focus on the motivation of your staff rather than cutting corners in order to maximize revenue. If the people who work on the floor are unhappy and disinterested, your sales will be low regardless of what financial strategies you implement in the head office.

9. "Great Place to start, but hard to progress"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Very organised management.
    Great team to work with.

Cons

Pay not so great.
    Hard to progress within company

10. "Loved it a lot but it's getting harder to love with all the changes"

Pros

People are very loyal and still believe in the brand. Good discount for the staff. Lovely uniform but you have to give it back after wearing for 6 months

Cons

No pay rise for good number of years now. Targets are unrealistic so it doesn't motivate staff. Lots of pressure to perform well but not much awards for that

Advice to Management

Mind your staff

"Challenging Turnaround"

Current Employee - Head Office Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head Office Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Hard working team trying to turn business around
    Lack of past investment by prior owners left the business behind the times and with a hard mountain to climb to catch up to 21st Century Retail

Cons

Staff leavers in Head Office
    Doesn't feel like Better Capital trust the leaders. Blame culture and Exec team not strong leaders.
    rumours continue on whether Better Capital will sell and little or no communication reassuring us
    Really bad treatment of some staff
    Pity the HRD left last year, she was the best leader of the lot
    Not stopping long enough to give new products and ideas a chance
    Panic promotions

Advice to Management

Stop in fighting
    Listen to your staff
    Stick to the plan. stop changing
    Stop non stop promotions
    If you can't give us a pay review, put in a realistic bonus plan which has often been promised