Jamba Juice Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jamba Juice CEO David A. Pace
David A. Pace

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay with no raises unless the minimum wage increases (in 51 reviews)

• Share tips with other Team Members & doesn't get disbursed until the bi-weekly payday (in 50 reviews)

1. "Great for part-time work."

Current Employee - Shift Lead
    Current Employee - Shift Lead

Pros

It is such a fun atmosphere and overall is extremely laid back. Its easy because it's all about memorization and just being a friendly person. You must be efficient to be respected or promoted at all. Management is very nice and usually easy going. Free smootihies are a definite plue; you get one every shift and if management permits, maybe a little more. Everything is very user-friendly and is laid out nicely for the employees. It works very well as a first job or just for any student seeking part-time work. I really enjoyed my experience working there and I would definitely recommend it.

Cons

For the most part, Jamba Juice is a really great place to work. I guess the downsides would be the salary, it tends to be a little on the low side. Also, like any food service job it's really important to adhere to food safety standards and make sure you're just using common knowledge and not touching your hair or face all the time. And adhering to Jamba Juice satisfaction policies all the time can be a bit annoying since some customers just want to be picky. Customers overall are pretty nice but sometimes they can give you a real hard time.

Advice to Management

Senior management doesn't really interact with anyone but the store and general managers.

2. "The well need change"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Jamba Juice is a fun enviroment to really exercise your marketing skills. As a General Manager there are no restrictions on what you can or can not do. If you want to give out free product they allow it. The company really needs exposure to arizona.

Cons

Jamba does have the free will spirit which might lead them into debt and closure of stores in certain states. Right now they are doing some house cleaning and getting rid of the stores that are not generating a profitable comeback.

Advice to Management

The changes that we are finally making with the company needed to be done a long time ago and hopefully we can still save the corporate side of Jamba.

3. "Good stuff"

Pros

The other team members are extremely nice, it's a relaxed place to work at.

Cons

there were basically not a lot of bad things about working at Jamba Juice, but sometimes the pay was a bit low, or there wasnt any tips

Advice to Management

Good job with interacting with the customers ... i thought that the management at jamba juice were actually pretty nice

5. "Jamba Juice"

Former Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY

Pros

reviews every six months with .10-.40 raise. great opportunities for advancement. great team to work with. and great environment still love this place

Cons

to me there is no downside to working at Jamna Juice, they are very flexible and listen to your needs.

Advice to Management

you are doing a great job, best job ive ever had, and hopefully going back soon. keep it up people

6. "Fun experience"

Former Employee - Team Lead in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in San Jose, CA

Pros

Fun people- great customers and co-workers

Cons

Many changes that we would have to jump on board with. Requirements changed a lot. Upsellng to customers was not an option.

Advice to Management

While I understand that the goal is to drive sales, many customers are annoyed by our constant offerings.

7. "A lot of fun, and tons of fast paced work."

Former Employee - Team Member in Auburn, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Auburn, CA

Pros

Very friendly people, chance to make friends, healthy lunches when you're working, free smoothies and samples.

Cons

Some people can be extremely cranky, and sometimes it gets too busy with too few people on shift.

Advice to Management

Schedule more people for known busy times.

8. "Cannot say enough good!"

Former Employee - Training Mentor in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Training Mentor in Modesto, CA

Pros

Positive Environment,
    Fairly easy to "catch on",
    EXCELLENT management and CEO (Yes, I got to meet him!),
    Easy to stand behind your product because everything is great,
    Clean working environment,
    Nice "raise" system,
    Clear communication from all management,
    They hire only the best!

Cons

I don't really like mopping floors,
    Starts at minimum wage,
    Sometimes the customers are picky,
    No more shift meals I've heard

Advice to Management

Somehow, you've created an excellent "family" of workers, and I'm so happy that Jamba only hires the best in Customer Service. It was a wonderful company to work fore, sometimes I miss working there a lot!

9. "I wouldn't trade my experience and friends there for anything else in the world."

Current Employee - Team Member in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Team Member in Honolulu, HI

Pros

The people I've worked with in Jamba Juice are great, energetic, and fun people to be around with. The workers that know their responsibilities and get the job done makes everything run smoothly and it doesn't feel like work sometimes because you're surrounded by laughter and friends. Jamba is also coming out with healthy products and it's so great to know which fruits have the most antioxidants and which boosts help with a cold. Working a Jamba increased my knowledge on healthy foods which improved my fruit intake on a daily bases.

Cons

In the beginning it is hard work. It is hard work because Jamba is very detailed oriented and there are a lot of processes that many people wouldn't think of when signing up for the job. Detailed cleaning is something that is not exactly the most funnest job to do. But the cleaning is necessary because Jamba handles a lot of dairy and fresh fruit product. Another con is first learning the ingredients to all the smoothies. Jamba has a lot of different recipes so I recommend grouping them together and to try and make note cards. Once you learn them, I think it's the funnest station, to make the smoothies.

Advice to Management

Management is key when working on a smooth line at Jamba juice. There is a time and a place for everyone to be in a specific station. Sometimes the manager or lead will put a team member in a spot they are not ready for during a rush, they panic and then hate that station or is miserable. I think there are many different ways to solve this, but sometimes the team member is too scared to voice their worries and the manager doesn't know it thus can't exactly fix it. Some managers are a bit "tough" and I think it would help if there's a consistent, and healthy relationship between the managers, team leads, and team members.

10. "Great opportunity for first part time job"

Former Employee - Trainer/Team Member in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Trainer/Team Member in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours
    friendly enviornment
    fast paced

Cons

low wage
    rude customers
    small increases in wage after promotion

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. "Fun, hard working company, striving to be the best"

Former Employee - Shift Lead in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly customers, simple job, as long as you work hard the job is easy and fun
    No sales goals or pressure to achieve anything more than working your hardest

Cons

No real career opportunities, great for part time/college job but hard to get into career-long positions

Advice to Management

Promote from within the company to more than just same-store positions.