James B. Nutter & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Programmer"

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with James B Nutter for almost 5 years they are the most family oriented business I have ever worked for and I am close to 30 years in this carreer.
    The benefit packages are some of the best I have ever had for the price.

Cons

Mortgage business as a whole down currently.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of caring for your employees.

2. "Great Family-Owned Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My biggest pro is that Nutter always does the right thing for their customers. For example, I really respect that they chose not to do subprime lending. The Nutter managers and supervisors are really good people and work closely with their employees. Many employees have worked there longer than 10 years. Nutter has reasonable hours and they offer great benefits--they really step up to the plate on health insurance and 401k.

Cons

The mortgage business is changing and good lenders like Nutter often get lumped in with the bad guys.

Advice to Management

Stay the course--treating your customers the right way always wins in the long run.

3. "Post mortgage fixer"

I worked at James B. Nutter & Company full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great. Management is very experienced with their chosen field, Knowledge of managing workers is n.

Cons

Outdated computer system. Non existent HR. Just sold a bunch mortgages, Likely more layoffs. Very “clicky” organization! Many office supplies purchased by employees. Company collects old paper clips to avoid purchasing new ones. Don’t expect anything for awesome work and work ethic.

Advice to Management

How about an HR Department that actually follows through with directives?

4. "CEO treats employees badly"

Former Employee - Collections
    Former Employee - Collections

I worked at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some good people that try really hard to make things work.

Cons

CEO does not want to spend any money to upgrade technology. He is losing business and takes it out on employees. There was a recent layoff due to lack of business. I had worked there for over 17 years and was given just 2 weeks severance pay. Jim Nutter does not care about people or employees.

Advice to Management

When you treat people like unappreciated garbage, you will get a garbage product. Understand that if you want to make money, you have to treat employees better.

5. "Laid off"

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist

I worked at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s located close to the plaza and midtown

Cons

Large layoffs, lies lies to temps and says they will be hired on but never do. No breaks what so ever.

Advice to Management

Technology has changed and now its time for you to get with the times and update computers , phone systems, and work hours . Not everyone need to work 8:15 to 5.

6. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Clerk in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Clerk in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

James B. Nutter & Company is a privately owned company so you are treated as a person and not a number. People who come to work here usually stay. The longevity is amazing! I like knowing my co-workers throughout the company for years. The company offers employees great benefits!!!! The mortgage industry is fast-paced and ever changing so there is all ways work to do and new things to learn which makes the day go by quickly, no down time watching the clock. The company enjoys a reputation for helping their employees, customers and community for many decades.

Cons

Longevity makes advancement so but still worth the wait.
    The workload can get hectic at times.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to change and restructure so the company can soar another 60+ years.

7. "Looking back 10 years at James B. Nutter & Company"

Current Employee - IT Director in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - IT Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good environment to stretch your wings and make a position change in our community.

Cons

The regulatory environment of the financial industry can be stressful at times.

8. "James B. Nutter & Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented company. Your not just a number in the corporation and the only person that knows you exist is your immediate supervisor. Tenure in this company is amazing, 40% of the company has been here 15 plus years. That says a lot about the company, when employees choose to commit a lifetime to a company. Great benefits and 401K profit sharing plan.

Cons

Have no downsides to speak of.

9. "Nepotistic, hostile and threatening environment"

I have been working at James B. Nutter & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mon - Fri - daytime hours

Cons

Employees are singled out for criticism and disciplinary actions that are excused and covered-up for favored employees (friends), the quality and productivity of your work means nothing. It's a popularity contest run amok, a high school atmosphere left un-checked, even condoned by upper management.

Advice to Management

Wake Up! And weed out the poison that is killing your company.

10. "Loan Officer"

Pros

Salaried position which allowed for more fluid conversation and not needing to rush quite so much. Solid organization.

Cons

The place got stale and increasingly predictable on the low end of expectations.