Cover image for Jamf

Jamf

Engaged Employer

Jamf

Add a Review

Jamf Employee Reviews about "leadership"

Updated Jun 6, 2023

Found 35 of over 351 reviews

4.1
Jamf CEO  Dean Hager
Dean Hager

What people are saying about Jamf

Join the conversation on

Tech

1039.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Jamf~636547
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Jamf? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Jamf employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Jamf and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "leadership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great company!

Mar 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is the one of best I've ever experienced Management and leadership cares for you and actually listens to what you say The growth and opportunities are endless Overall they just take great care of you as an individual

Cons

The pay - there are a lot more jobs out there that pay more. But at the end of the day, it checks all of the boxes for me so pay isn't that important.

Jamf Response

Thanks for leaving a review! While we do regularly review our compensation package, Jamf does take a ‘whole employee experience’ view of compensation and strives to make investments not only in cash and salary related items, but also other services to ensure the wellbeing (financial, physical, and emotional) of our teams.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Growing Pains

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent coworkers; talented, hardworking, and always willing to lend a hand - Great health benefits - Flexible schedule and hybrid / remote environment; overall good work-life balance - Good products that you can stand behind - Executive leadership is confident and strong - Values and mission are great; and are demonstrated by most in the company

Cons

- Compensation is not nearly as competitive and much lower than others of the same pedigree. Company tries to make up for this with additional benefits, but it is falling short - Lots of growing pains, and company has not scaled internally with its customer base, leading to burnout, mismanagement, loss of talent, and disgruntled clients and employees - Limited mobility with internal career growth - Culture is, at times, performative depending on the department, and can face discrimination based on gender and race; could be doing a lot more to strengthen equity, diversity, and inclusion - Middle management is out of touch with their employees

5 people found this review helpful

Jamf Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As Jamf continues to grow, we are committed to hearing from our employees and actively seek opportunities to incorporate their feedback into the way we work. This approach has afforded us with an opportunity to earn national certification again as a “Great Place to Work” based on the collective feedback of our employees. As part of being a “Great Place to Work,” Jamf is committed to providing a safe and equitable workplace for all and we take concerns of discrimination, equity, and inclusion very seriously. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We appreciate you raising these concerns because we cannot address specific issues we don’t know about. Please reach out to me directly at Julie.Matule@jamf.com so that we can thoroughly look into these issues and take appropriate action. - Julie Matule, Vice President, HR Business Partnerships at Jamf

3. Join the Jamf team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to start your career.

Nov 29, 2021 - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance. 4 weeks PTO starting with the ability to work from home.

Cons

Below average pay. Leadership works hard to keep down and attempts to distract from low pay by giving gifts.

2 people found this review helpful

Jamf Response

Thanks for leaving a review and sharing this feedback with us. We do like giving gifts to our employees, as we are committed to taking care of our people. In fact, we just announced additional stock options for employees to share in Jamf’s financial success, as well increased personal time off and volunteer time off starting in 2022! It is important that we continue to review the benefits and rewards employees value to recognize their work. We know that the compensation landscape globally has shifted, and Jamf has a number of efforts currently underway. We will continue to take a ‘whole employee experience’ view of our benefits and compensation package, and strive to make investments not only in cash and salary related items, but also other services to ensure the wellbeing (financial, physical, and emotional) of our teams.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Technical Support career? Look elsewhere. Other roles? 50/50.

Jul 23, 2022 - Technical Support in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible, awesome people. Provides great technology Highly collaborative Great overall values If you're in the right department and role, makes you want to work here Overall great on-boarding experience (for the most part)

Cons

Does not pay a living wage, even for where Jamf is headquartered Does not believe in cost-of-living increases; You're lucky for a 3% annual raise Rest of company is not scaling with customer quantity or sales Survived greatly on 'Kool-aid' (Great place to work), but this is going sour Upper department leadership showing massive incompetencies in decisionmaking Tier 1 Technical Support is nothing more than a call-center grindfest, but management can't even do that correctly Tier 1 Technical Support managers are some of the most apathetic, zombie, churn and burn, lack of humanity individuals and there is no reason for it. I blame this on their managers, and continue upwards to upper Support leadership. Metrics are simply horrible, and the methods to achieve them are soul-sucking, and there is a fundamental unwillingness for improvement. Tier 2 and 3 leadership is better, and so is the role, except it still does not pay a reasonable living wage for the amount of skill required Onboarding can take 8 weeks for trainings, but you still don't get taught or coached any of the important topics Processes need a rework, and despite probably knowing best, management does not listen to employees for process feedback. You're lucky to make it a year here before you want to leave If you make it longer than a year, you're still wanting to leave, but also have to fight your way through to better pay, because the only way you will get paid more is by taking on new roles Jamf does not give cost of living raises, period. They go against them. Departments are given an annual merit raise budget and they have to divvy it up. Years of service and true skill mean nothing, let alone a living wage. They gave an RSU grant, but because the stocks plummeted and have not gone up, it's still not very meaningful. Can't eat an RSU, live under an RSU, and can't survive on the promise of an RSU. And if you leave the company, you lose it. For years, Jamf has been promising to look into benefits, compensation, and so on, but to this day has done essentially nothing. Many roles have had the same starting wage that they did 3 or more years ago. They are literally hiring compensation analysts, which simply boggles the mind. They need to hire someone to hear the words 'Pay people more.'. They need a fundamental readjustment to what pay looks like, and they need it soon. HR tickets are known to go for weeks, if not months, without answering, because like many other departments, HR itself is overworked and not scaling. There are multiple occasions of accommodations being ignored, Management isn't doing enough to protect employees, especially women employees, from customers and individuals that go out of their way to be... creepy. Company believes in 'relentless self improvement', but does not practice what it preaches as a company. Support department gets shafted on days off, because you work some holidays and you do not get any special benefits for doing so. You don't even get holidays 'refunded' as floating holidays. Support department has weekend rotations, and at the higher tiers, on-call. Recently got rid of COVID pay. If you get COVID now, you must use your limited PTO. Multiple employees are having trouble using other related benefits though, because HR and the third-party carriers must send replies by way of covered wagon or carrier pigeon.

9 people found this review helpful

Jamf Response

Thank you for your comments. Employee feedback is very important to us and we are sorry this has been your experience at Jamf. We do realize the path for some departments, including Tech Support is not as defined as others. Management continues to strive to offer guidance on paths to different roles within Tech Support including Tech Support Engineers and Product Specialist roles. We encourage employees to work with managers to better understand the skill sets different roles require and work with you to build those skill sets. We also encourage horizontal career paths in addition to the vertical as there are many other departments and careers to pursue at Jamf. Work-life balance is also very important to us, unfortunately in a fast growing company, there are times where we may have to disrupt that balance in order to do the right thing for our teams, departments, and our customers. Jamf has measures in place to ensure these efforts are recognized and compensated accordingly. People are at the core of everything we do, and we know our teams can’t pour from an empty cup. We have recently hired a Chief People Officer to help scale and lead Jamf’s people operations and engagement strategy to recruit, retain and develop our global and diverse employee base. We are excited for this new leadership and guidance for our Human Resource operations.

6. 4.0

Jamf is AMZING!

Nov 9, 2021 - Marketing and Communications Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The option to choose where you want to work is incredible and leadership embodies these beliefs.

Cons

The company had an incredible culture prior to going remote. Now, with so many new employees who started remotely, its hard to showcase that same culture in a remote world.

Jamf Response

Thanks for leaving a review! Jamf continues to thrive in this new remote work world, but without meeting face to face or having the ability to “bump into” fellow Jamfs in the hallway, we do have to make an extra effort to reach out and engage with other Jamfs. Our internal events committee, leadership, and management teams continue to coordinate virtual happy hour events, holiday parties, trivia games, cocktail and cooking classes, and much more for Jamfs to connect. We continue to look for new ideas to engage with one another, whether virtually or in-person, in order to maintain our wonderful culture as new Jamfs join our group and we settle into a choice-based office model.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work at

Jan 23, 2021 - Technical Support Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the community. The leadership from top down really cares about the organization and have the mission and values always at heart in everything we do. Really making a difference

Cons

The wages could always be better.

Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We are relentless in our search for self-improvement, including our benefits and compensation packages, which are regularly reviewed in order to remain competitive in the industry.

8. 1.0

Absent Leadership & Poor Compensation

Oct 28, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work Test Devices Co-Workers are outstanding minus hit or miss with leadership. Get to email and zoom. Don't have to take calls unless service desk (like once a quarter for extra pay)

Cons

During Live Escalation I was left to work over 4 hours in a row and ended up seeing double and almost passed out on the job due to no food. I repeated asked for help for the customer and due to how I was feeling. After contacting 8 managers over a hours worth of time and no one would help or respond. I decided to call it quits for the day. I let them know but they had no clue. They only found out after I filled a complaint and followed up with leadershipy found out after I filled a complaint and followed up with leadershipy found out after I filled a complaint and followed up with leadership when I got back. Glad I was not someone who needed real medical help. Kind of odd they would be so out of touch to let poeple having health problems just possibly die at their desk. HR did nothing about this after filing the complaint. This brings me to the point. Jamf leadership is overworked and a disaster. Jamf is falling apart and has the wrong higher up leadership that is not right for the size of the company it has become. They need people who know what they are doing, how to allocate resources, and listen to feedback. Jamf is Growing rapidly but bleeding people due to poor resource allocation and compensation. Below Market Compensation and favors midwest people over more expensive markets. I was a top 3 performer and people with half the results I had were making much more than me. Jamf was unable to do a market adjustment due to rapid growth and cant accommodate individuals. Too busy for people to function. I found a job for 15k more and it is easier. Training when you start but they do not invest much in training and development after the fact. You wont be quality checked on knowledge and asked to do a large amount of third party work with no training or environments. This can be a plus if you work well with peers and utilizing your resources in slack. However, this is not sustainable and so much time is wasted reinventing the wheel due to a lack of resources or knowledge. Very tone deaf towards diversity. Expect to be dead named regularly and passed up on Job opportunities. This was not my scenario but saw this regularly. It was mind blowing. They used seasons of love from RENT to announce they are no longer covering covid pay. So many weird things like this happened here and I cant place how this is happening. I have worked for multiple other tech companies from large to start ups of 100. This place was the wild west.

6 people found this review helpful

Jamf Response

Thank you for providing feedback; employee feedback is very important to us. We wanted to take the opportunity to address some points raised in your review. We take employee health, wellbeing and safety seriously and upon the HR investigation offered solutions to modify shift schedules going forward to make sure these concerns did not reoccur. We were not made aware of concerns of deadnaming of colleagues in the investigation, and we appreciate you raising these concerns because we cannot address specific issues we don’t know about. Please provide more detail so that we can look into these issues and take appropriate action under our anti-discrimination policies. You also provided feedback on compensation. We continue to build structure and stability as we settle into the growth and success of our company, including ongoing reviews and market adjustments of compensation benchmarks to ensure competitive total compensation.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, great people!

Mar 24, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership from its founders to the new executive leadership team down through every line of business leader. Amazing culture, unselfish, everyone works hard and supports each other. Company is very transparent about strategy. Everything starts with the customer experience and works backwards to develop the best product and support. Work life balance and community outreach is also very important.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Amazing Company and Culture

Sep 7, 2022 - Director, Global Procurement
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Successful company who truly cares about their employees 2. Leadership is open to ideas and changes 3. Culture is incredible - truly believe in work/life balance

Cons

None. In my 20+ years in this field, I have never been happier at a company.

1 person found this review helpful

Jamf Response

Thanks for the review! We are very proud of our flexible, open culture based on respect and trust. At Jamf, people are at the core of everything we do!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews