Jan Marini Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Jan Marini full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people in a pleasant work environment

Cons

I haven't found there to be any substantial cons.

2. "Not a great place"

Current Employee - Shipping in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Shipping in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Jan Marini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people who work there

Cons

Management isnt that great, the people there are stuck up

3. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Jan Marini full-time

Pros

This privately held company has a commitment to an ever evolving approach to its business. One of the best parts of this organization is the leadership and corporate culture that exists. To be able to provide feedback and share ideas is a unique element that has enabled a comparatively small company to compete and dominate the market filled with companies owned by big pharma like Obagi and Skinmedica. If you are passionate and willing to work hard, you will do well and have a lucrative career. Not everyone has the tenacity and drive to invest in their own success. If you like to blame others for your failure, don't work for this company, or any others for that matter.

Cons

The only draw back is they don't have deep pockets that other competing companies may have to pay out more. This is primarily what one's own drive will determine your in come.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Steady growth will lead to other financial investments to further the brand.

4. "Account Executive Jan Marini Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Jan Marini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product line, extensive training and support

Cons

Sitting all day, cold calling

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Jan Marini full-time

Pros

Jan Marini Skin Research is a small, yet well-established company with a strong commitment product quality, success of it's customers and overall growth in the market. It's rare to find a company with a similar combination of open culture, drive to succeed, willingness to explore new ideas and ventures, top-of-the-line products a well established track record of financial independence and stability.

Cons

As a smaller company, people are expected to be self-motivated, driven and at times, wear multiple hats. For some, this can be overwhelming, but for others, offers a unique opportunity for visibility, exposure and growth

"Outside account executive"

I worked at Jan Marini full-time

Pros

Best product line in the industry, free products each month, good health insurance

Cons

Horrible base pay and incentive pay, unnecessary micro management of seasoned sales professionals, and lack of freedom, resources, and tools to prospect and sell to MD's- no budget. I have seen really talented sales professionals leave for reasons that could easily be rectified, such as salary or tools needed to do the job better.

Advice to Management

Trust your seasoned sales professionals to get the job done without constant micromanaging from very young district managers. Allow the sales professionals a budget and the freedom to make decisions for the business without having to constantly ask management for small things. Change the culture that the corporate office knows everything. Outside sales professionals know what they are doing in their own market, not the corporate office in California.

"account executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jan Marini (Less than a year)

Pros

The Jan Marini product line is great.

Cons

condescending management, favoritism to certain employees, horrible base pay!

"Blessed to have my Passion & Career meet as one with this amazing Organization!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

Pros

I have been extremely fortunate to make a successful career working for JMSR for over a decade. The company has grown tremendously and being witness of this has been remarkable. I was a patient prior to working for JMSR which completely transformed my skin and the rest is history. With this personal experience, I am passionately and proudly able to work with my amazing partners and show them how to build a successful business with the Best in Class products and Company! There are too many Pros to list but let's start with a few: nurture their employees through on-going education for growth, support customers at all levels for advanced education, business building and growth, cutting edge & award winning technologies that can go up against any product in our space, completely dedicated Senior Management and Regional Managers that commit themselves fully to the overall growth and betterment of the entire organization and its goals, John Connors our President has fully transformed this organization to fully execute the vision of being market leaders and he has done an exceptional job of being a fierce, respected, fair and honest Leader and Mentor. Jan Marini continues to flourish as our company and industry grows and will always be the respected Leader, Pioneer and Visionary she has worked so incredibly hard for.
    Without a doubt the role of working is Sales at JM is challenging as any respected role should be. One requires passion, dedication to their career, ethics, discipline and drive to be successful at JMSR. I am shocked to read any unsatisfactory reviews as maybe it just wasn't a right fit. The sky is truly the limit here and nobody is to blame for a lack of success but oneself. I can't speak more of the fair and honest values this company has and how they treat their employees. i would not dedicate my life's work to anything less than and I look forward to another incredible year with this company.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Continue offering the best incentives to your employees and skincare partners!

"wonderful company with the best products ever!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

Pros

I have worked at Jan Marini Skin Research for almost 9 years and have been in this industry for nearly 20. I actually left the company for a short period of time and decided to come back. I guess I had to leave the company to truly appreciate all it had to offer! All I have to say is thank god they hired me back, because it was one of the best choices I have ever made! One major thing I discovered while I was not at JM, is that there is NO other skincare line that compares, period.Believe me, I have worked for and tried many other lines and not 1 comes close! The ongoing support & education that is provided is so awesome, you can pretty much go to any manager, in any department, at any time and they will help you. Being in sales; the financial opportunity that you can have is amazing, but it really is up to you and how focused, passionate and dedicated you are.... "the more you put into your position the more you will get out of it"! So for some the compensation can be mediocre, but for me its been AWESOME, like I said it truly is what you make of it! The President of the company is the BEST manager I have ever worked for, he is extremely knowledgeable passionate and really cares about his team! Yes, some people think he can be a little intimidating and hard at times, however he has helped motivate me both personally and professionally to stay focused on my goals and see all the endless opportunity there is in my territory and in myself. Jan is amazing, she is like a walking encyclopedia! She knows ingredients and technologies inside & out! As a person Jan is very caring & generous,every month employees get to order free products as well as order wholesale products for friends & family. There are monthly birthday cake celebrations for all employees, pizza Fridays for the whole company, Taco Tuesday, BBQ Days and Big Celebrations during the Holidays as well as our annual JMSR Celebration, so there is no lack of fun & laughter around here! And although this is a corporation, it does not feel like your typical "Corperate America" and that is because Jan & our President are very family oriented & compassionate individuals who understand that life happens and being a Mom I am grateful for that! I plan on staying & growing with JMSR for many years to come, I cant wait to see how the company will evolve! I believe in the passion and vision of the company and am extremely excited to see what the future brings!

Cons

Inside Sales should travel to their territory more often.

"Awful!"

Pros

None! There is not a snowballs chance is hell that the positive reviews are real! The most fake group of people I've ever come across!

Cons

The worst management I've ever experienced in my life! I can't believe one manager in particular is still with this company!

Advice to Management

Retire! Please!