Jani-King Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Jim Cavanaugh Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Franchise owners and coworkers are diverse and make the atmosphere enjoyable (in 7 reviews)

• I can see this is a great company but they need better supervisors to actually work and be more organized (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Always issues with most franchise owners not meeting standards for clients cleaning needs (in 19 reviews)

• Stay away from JaniKing in Wiggins, MS (in 5 reviews)

"Director of Operations"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Jani-King (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, good franchise owners

Cons

Low pay in Jax compared to National Average

Advice to Management

Pay quality employees a competitive wage

"NEW OWNER OF ST.ST.LOUIS REGION"

Pros

KEEPING MIKE WALKER ON AS REGION MANAGER WAS THE BEST DECISION, HE COULD HAVE MAKE, HE'S NO NON SENSE AND HAS MAKE LOT O F PROGRESS HIS 4 YEARS BEING THERE, HOPE HE CONTINUES TO BE HIS NUMBER ONE GUY,I SEE WHY HE'S NOW VP, not only is he experience in sales he know the whole operations, of Jani King franchise, I wasn't a fan of them at first but I have come to see all the progress, I hope you never leave he's a good guy hard worker works Non-Stop.

Cons

It seems to be too many people wanting to be in control, the owner don't seem to know who you want to be committed to, he seemed to let all the inexperienced people run the office for what I can understand.

Advice to Management

Experience always win over none experience, I believe that's how business is grow too much micro management, other than that the owners seem to be a cool guy but don't let your good guy go

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company car , nice office , work cell phone , all a facade tho

Cons

Corporate uses fear and pressure to try to increase sales. That is not how you motivate people. Horrible business model that screws franchise owners , wayyyy overpriced service hard to sell especially when we keep losing so many accounts. Even if you do your job and get sales , you can lose your commission on others mistakes.

Advice to Management

Scratch the 70s version and get updated. Realize most companies don't have time to sit down for a 2O-30 min proposal delivery , they want an email and they want better pricing. Fire the corporate executives you hired and get some more genuine down to earth positive people with janitorial service knowledge. Selling a service is not the same as selling washers and dryers.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Jani-King full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers were like family
    Company Car
    I had a great Regional Director who knew how to keep the team motivated.

Cons

Micromanagement
    Low Base Salary
    Franchise Owners aren't trained well.
    Not much training when it came to the company. I was trained in telemarketing basically...for 3 months..., but when it came to teaching me about the ins and outs of the company and janitorial services, I had to look those up online and teach myself.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on your Franchise Owners KEEPING business rather than your sales team finding business. The sales team can only be as good as the Franchise Owners. If word gets around that the janitorial services suck, then it's going to be pretty hard getting someone to sign with the company, no matter what a sales person pulls out of his/her hat.

5. "Accounting"

I worked at Jani-King full-time

Pros

Franchise owners and coworkers are diverse and make the atmosphere enjoyable

Cons

Executives don't like to change with the times and are stuck in old ways that do not allow new growth to flourish. No transparency between management and executives which leads to good "lifer" employees packing up for new opportunities

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns for the fresh new talent you hired and watch the company GROW!

6. "Careful working here"

Pros

Helping the client get value from their contract.

Cons

24/7 availability needed for this place. Always issues with most franchise owners not meeting standards for clients cleaning needs. Some questionable signing practices.

Advice to Management

Realize their Operations Managers work hard, are human, have families and policies should be more favorable to reflect that.

7. "General Manager"

I have been working at Jani-King full-time

Pros

Great staff and the support that the cooperate office rendered.

Cons

Great company not any complaints at all.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you love your people that work for you, and if they leave make sure that they leave with more than they came with. That is leadership.

8. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Jani-King full-time

Pros

Freedom and use of company car

Cons

income potential is low and high turnover

9. "Great people, culture and work environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost unlimited prospects and unlimited earning potential. Recession resistant industry. Performance oriented...if you are good, you get rewarded. Professional work environment.

Cons

At first I thought commercial cleaning was not too sexy, but every building needs to be cleaned, and a clean building impacts the health of every employee. Met a lot of interesting people.

Advice to Management

Opportunity limited to Tampa Bay, Orlando, Birmingham, and Baltimore. Buy more markets!

10. "Solid Sales Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liberal, generous commissions; total integrity in protected, credit accounts and activities; simplified, accessible, easily reachable sales goals and requirements; open, accessible, helpful, knowledgeable HR, Marketing, Managerial support, mentoring and rapid responsiveness.

Cons

There is nothing negative about this company, the job, its operations and reputation.

Advice to Management

Continue being the proactive, consistently striving, well communicating, well rewarding group that you are!