Janicki Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assembly Tech"

Former Employee - Assembly Tech in Sedro-Woolley, WA
    Former Employee - Assembly Tech in Sedro-Woolley, WA

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience, growth chances are high if you are willing to put the work into it, and they take people if they have experience in the environment or not and teach them what they need to know.

Cons

The peer environment can bring you down. People will complain about EVERYTHING. Peers have no motivation and will do whatever they can to pass work off to the new employees.

Advice to Management

Review your junior leads and take a hard look around the floor. There is a lot of skipping being done and room to tighten up the work force.

"Good ole boys club"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, WA

I have been working at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great.
    You get to work on amazing one of a kind projects.

Cons

There is no room for advancement, it doesn't matter how long you've been there or what you know. They will hold you back and hire a person with no experience to fill a job that people have been striving twords for years. If your a member of the good ole boys club, you can do anything with no repercussions. There are no yearly reviews and you can forget about a performance raise, they will keep piling stuff on a person with no incentive for the employee. Alot of issues in production comes from hiring people with no knowledge of a production setting. They are giving higher positions that many people already within the company would be far better at and they would learn quicker. When I started 6yrs ago, the atmosphere was completely different and employee morale was very high, but years of passing good people over on promotions just to give it to one of the bosses friends who have no idea what they are doing has severely hurt the employees view of the company. They will tell you one thing and then do the opposite. There is no point showing the company what you are actually capable of, because they will pigeon hole you and hold you back especially if you have a physical disability. I use to love working for the company but everyones loyalty to them is wearing extremely thin. Issues never make to the CEO or the higher ups. It gets sluffed aside and forgotten about.

Advice to Management

Promote people within the company that are deserving of it. Give performance raises more than once every 5 or 6 years. Dont hold someone back because they have physical disabilty. Physical disabilities should not affect the persons ability to move up. Quit playing favorites, we all see it and we are all tired of it. Treat your employees with respect and pay them what they are worth, and they will take care of you as a company and production and quality will go up which will in turn make your customers happier. I can't be the only one who payed attention in business ethics class. Treat your emplyees fairly and give them all the same opportunities as you do your friends or your friends kids. You have employees that could amazing things for your company, but you never give them a shot at proving they are better than you let them be.

"Terrible management: Company Needs Union Representation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, WA

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Lots of skill building opportunities
    - Pay Checks are on time
    - Great 401k matching Retirement Plan
    - Shift differnial pay
    - Scope of work is awesome

Cons

I can write a book about what is wrong with company, but for review purposes I will try to summarize my experience to keep it short. First off, this company needs to unionize and be reformed. The workers need Somone with a backbone that can negotiate for the bottom working guy. Management is by far the biggest negative impact at Janicki Industries. They are sharks. The upper tier management (plant managers and operations managers) are horrible leaders to say the least. During my four years of employment, I got a good feel for it and found management to be lacking in proper leadership qualities and experience. Pay scale, try asking for it, they don’t have one. Managers often are aware of who’s a good employee there, but rarely if not ever go to bat for you to get raise for your hard work. Consider yourself lucky if you even get a review let alone a raise. I saw 2 reviews out of my 4 years of employment and I had to beg management just for those two given. Also, performance raises, you won’t get one, and if you do, even if it’s a positive review don’t expect a pay increase. Some of the best co-workers I’ve ever worked with haven’t seen raises in over 5 years and some even over 10. Yet their “good enough” to keep employed and train their new hires. Pay wise your manager makes easily double your wage and beyond. (I’ve ran into old cell managers to confirm this). Bonuses are always a great token of generosity each year I will agree. But this company falls short of just that too. Your manager will receive dollars to your pennies in that category. Even if your companies success relies on everyone working together as a team. The HR department lacks as well with any complaints or serious concerns. Eventually, your issue/concern will make its way back to your manager resulting in your head on the chopping block for layoffs or firing. In summary, don’t expect help from HR department, it’s a joke.

Advice to Management

- Get retrained, take classes on how to lead or resign.
    - Keep track of your employees and give them yearly reviews and raises. It just might boost morale a little.
    - Your not any better than a floor level tech. Your replaceable. Treat your employees with respect.
    - Create a pay scale, give people motivation. A new tech level 1 and a senior tech level 3 should not be making the same wages.

"Company In Trouble"

Former Employee - Project Manager II in Layton, UT
    Former Employee - Project Manager II in Layton, UT

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros with this company.

Cons

- The overall working environment is very difficult. There is a lot of, “finger pointing” resulting in a lot of work not getting done. Everyone believes it was someone else fault something was not completed or no one was working on it. The difficult thing is, this attitude is promoted from management most of the time.

-The management is very young with no experience or guidance resulting in having no vision or drive for the company. Management has the mindset that, I am the boss and I call the shots. Most of the time devoted to the company by management is to drive drama or look to create problems so there is an excuse to use on why work is not getting done. A lot of time is spent dealing with internal issues due to this and not building the company. The company is kind of always in a, “scattered state” due to management.

- You are not hired here for your expertise, you are hired to fall in line, even if this means failing on projects. Your ideas and opinions are not valued here, this is the type of company where credit is not given where credit is due. Team environment and working towards a common goal is not promoted well here.

- The company does not look at employees as valuable assets. You are made very aware that you will be let go if management does not like you and they will find a way to get you out the door at all means necessary. If management sees you as a threat to them, you will be replaced. They are not looking to grow the company and see people succeed, they are more in fear for their jobs and lack the leadership trait in that sense.

- Long hours are required every week. There is no work life balance. You are required to devote all your time of every day to the company. 60 hour work weeks are the minimum requirement with no end in sight or compensation given.

- Pay is below average and raises are few and far between.

- Working here will drain your life. I would not recommend working here no matter what stage you are at in your career. This company will sour your outlook on the industry.

Advice to Management

A heavy look into the company will be needed. Cleaning house will likely be the only option to change the company culture and get the right people in management to start pushing the company in the right direction.

"Unreliable Employer"

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time

Pros

The founder of the company projects a very progressive image that the rest of the company lags in.

Cons

Hamilton facility has developed a negative rap, mainly because of the leadership there having a bullying or narcissistic reputation with lots of micromanaging. A major problem is that as a "job shop", projects come and go and there is cyclical "boom and bust", so when things are slow everyone is working 8 hours, 9 to 10 when busy, and to make ends meet the new people get canned whenever there is a downturn. It doesn't matter how good you are or your dedication because when things are slow, the company contracts back to the same old people who were there for a decade. It isn't worth your time - don't depend on this place as a career. Poor work/ life balance too.

"Assembly Tech"

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Hamilton, WA
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Hamilton, WA

I have been working at Janicki Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck has never bounced and is always on time, maybe not always correct

Cons

If you are an older person forget about it. The treatment is the worst I have ever experienced. The younger leads and supervisors will treat you like (very bad). Bullied and intimidation at its best.

Advice to Management

Quit your job and let them find a better person to do your job.

"Mismanaged and sinking"

Former Employee - Engineer in Sedro-Woolley, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Sedro-Woolley, WA

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location, location, location. Casual attire normal at the office.

Cons

Micromanaging like I've never seen before. Treats employees like trash. Underpays employees. Stuck in old ways, unwilling to change. Awful culture, basically non-existent. No one wants to be there. Claims to be a family company but does not care about you or your family at all. If you are a relative you have a job regardless of performance, if not, maybe try to marry in ?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ex-military managers. Start trusting and empowering your employees. Treat your employees as you would your peers. Act on all the buzz words you throw around. CHANGE

"Technician at the Hamilton Plant"

Former Employee - Technician in Hamilton, WA
    Former Employee - Technician in Hamilton, WA

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Indoors, good pay and benefits, short drive to work if you live upriver in Skagit County.

Cons

There are bosses that tell you to hurry up and then go slack off. A lot of employees will smile to your face, then talk bad about you behind your back or even blame you for something when you're not there to deny it. The managers will run with whatever story they hear first, so long as it doesn't make them look bad to their bosses. There is no investigation, nobody else involved will be questioned, and the cameras around the building are just for show. Also, you never even know what your boss is saying about you to his boss.

I have been given orders, then had my boss deny giving them to me when his superiors got angry. That same boss would regularly present other's ideas as his own. His idea of motivation was to tell people they would have to do overtime until certain goals were met, leaving to go sit and gossip in another part of the building, then acting like he was doing them some big favor by letting them go when the buzzer rang.

Many Leads and Managers will think of a faster sketchier way to do something, then go find someone crazy or stupid to actually do it. The negativity also really got to me. Everyone complains about the company, even the people who make it the horrible place it is. There is never a shortage of rumors floating around.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. If you are slacking off, leaning on a part and talking about women or sports or your glory days in the navy, Then your underlings are either doing the same thing or they are building resentment towards you. Also, If mistakes due to laziness decrease, Then less underlings need to get thrown under the bus.

"Machinist"

Former Employee - Machinist
    Former Employee - Machinist

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of good people. If you want quick money tons of over time.

Cons

It's a lot like highschool. You have to be in with the management to get anywhere. The guy who ran the Woolley plant got arrested for getting hammered at the bar and kicking in his neighbors door. Nothing got done, then tells employees to take responsibility for there actions. The owner likes to talk about family oriented, but if he sees you in public with your family doesn't want anything to do with you. No moving up in the company

Advice to Management

Fire all the people in charge. And look at

"Not As Advertised"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedro-Woolley, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedro-Woolley, WA

I worked at Janicki Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Hours, regular 50-60 hour weeks
    Good Benefits
    Interesting Projects
    Opportunity to learn new skills

Cons

No Employee Reviews
    Very Little Chance for advancement
    Very low moral among the shop employees
    HR is a joke
    Very high employee turnover

Advice to Management

Nothing can really be fixed without addressing the main issue of upper management and the fact that they are all "good ol boys" who treat lower employees with no respect.