KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Japan National Tourism Organization Los Angeles Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Found 3 of over 7 reviews

3.5
Japan National Tourism Organization President Ryoichi Matsuyama (no image)
Ryoichi Matsuyama
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Travels is the only perks

Sep 21, 2017 - Bus Driver in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love traveling around the country.

Cons

Cheat you of money. Unorganized

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

If you are young, like Japan, and live at home with Mom and Dad a good job

May 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-A chance to be involved in various marketing activities and go on a few business trips. - If you have lived in Japan or love Japan, it is a can be fun at times but also can you might get bored to death. - Most of the Japanese staff are good people and you will be able to form a nice bond with them. - Small office and get to help people learn about Japan (tourists, agents, and the community) You will become a part of the Japanese community so it is fun to make connections with consulate generals, JETRO, and local Japanese communities and businesses. - I enjoyed working here and thankful for the chance I got. I hated to leave but no chance for growth (real glass ceiling) and the pay was horrible. I probably could have lived off of welfare or got food stamps. -

Cons

JNTO will not read this....so does it matter? - Need to hire a local Exec.Director and also Directors to help strengthen bonds between the local agents, vendors, and communities. - - I enjoyed working here and loved the job. I am thankful for the chance I got to work there. I hated to leave but no with no chance for growth (real glass ceiling) and the horrible pay, I had no choice. I probably could have lived off of welfare or got food stamps if I applied as I was supporting a family.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not great for a Career

May 27, 2015 - Assistant Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

JNTO is great for people looking for job experience that have none. There is a huge variety in the task with everything from PR to marketing to event coordination.

Cons

There is absolutely no chance of advancement for local regional staff. The management is very hit and miss and with constant staff changes the office environment can change wildly every year. The salary is also very very low and the benefits are non-existent. Also for US citizens you are paid on a 1099 and have to file taxes as self-employed but because of the US tax regulations for US citizen working for a foreign government you cannot take any office deductions. Basically you pay 3x the normal amount of taxes making the meager take home salary almost unlivable.

Continue reading