Jared Galleria of Jewelry Bench Jeweler Reviews | Glassdoor

Bench Jeweler

3.2
Michael W. Barnes

Pros
Cons
  • Unrealistic sales goals vs actual traffic (in 20 reviews)

• Unrealistic commission structure (in 12 reviews)

"Pay was very low for the industry, but was a great learning experience, All in all it was a good couple years."

Former Employee - Bench Jeweler in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Bench Jeweler in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of experienced individuals to learn from. Lots of opportunity for self growth. Free Career training at HQ provided to employees that show potential.

Cons

Shop environment is very small, If a member quits or is fired, the remaining employees must pick up the slack. This can be very stressful if the position goes unfilled for a long time. Basically doing 2 or more people's jobs for really really low pay in the industry. 40 hrs MINIMUM. I don't think there was ever a time when I was able to leave when the schedule sad my shift was over. I don't think any employee in that shop got to leave on time either. So much work on so few people.

Advice to Management

Need to look at payment/salary for long term employees. You cant pay an experienced jeweler 10-11/hr and expect to keep them for more then a year, that kind of payment is incredibly low for people with experience the industry.

"Learned a lot but in the end left disappointed."

Former Employee - Bench Jeweler in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Bench Jeweler in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On the job training. Fairly good benefits. Potential for moving up in the company.

Cons

Unfair wages, questionable management practices.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and recognize the contributions they make. Don't take star employees for granted. Reward/ compensate those who deserve it.