Jared Galleria of Jewelry Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • employee discount flexibility with schedule (in 11 reviews)

• Commission, flexible schedule, good benefits and 401k (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Corporate sales goals, retail, being just a number (in 19 reviews)

• Unrealistic commission structure (in 12 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Repair Liaison in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Repair Liaison in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission, amiable co-workers, good management team

Cons

High pressure to sell, feel like forcing something on customer

"Big Goals and Expectations"

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time

Pros

Wonderful co-workers. Very helpful and team oriented. Management is nurturing and everyone wants to succeed.

Cons

Numbers are everything. The customers experience and their loyalty is what you are trained to cultivate but if you don't pop a big sale once a week then you'll never make your goals. If you're a newbie without any previous clients you will be easily be lose out on sales because most of the people that walk through the door already know who they want to deal with. Big sales occur after a number of visits by a customer and most times the person you were working with will wind up working with someone else.

3. "Department Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved my coworkers and managers. Great work environment. Low pressure

Cons

Poor management techniques enforced by upper management. Poor pay equality.

5. "Jewelry Specialist"

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time

Pros

Team Building
    Responsible for your own clienteling
    Good Benefits

Cons

Must keep Key Performance Standards at a high
    Demographic is lower income-- high ticketed items are a challenge
    Pushed to get guests to open credit, even at the expense of guests not qualifying

Advice to Management

More on the floor training

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, friendly associates, hands on training.

Cons

Corporate sales goals, retail, being just a number

"Pandora Especialist / Jewelry Specialist"

Current Employee - Jewelry Especialist
    Current Employee - Jewelry Especialist

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience at the beginning. I felt very good and coworkers were always there to answer my questions or doubts about anything. Especially those with more experience and knowledge. You learn everything easily and if you like it you will enjoy it a lot. Customers are usually very friendly and you become part of their family. They always come back to see you and buy from you if you provide an excellent customer service. Selling is easy, you will learn techniques. Sometimes it's a challenge, but you have slow days and good days. Schedule is very flexible but you need to know you will work weekends day or night shifts. I had part time at the beginning and shortly was offered for full time.

The benefits are good. Paid vacation, medical insurance, 401K.

Cons

You don't make money in this company. Unless you sell one million per year or more. Wage is a joke. I started at 8$ per hour plus commission of 0.5 % of your total sells per month. Then they raised me to 10.50$ per hour. Again, you have to sell minimum 10 thousand per day and sell all warranties and open credit applications to get decent commission (and if the store makes the goal too)

You try as much as you can but there is anything you can do when it's slow and nobody enters the store.
    When you didn't make your goals they call you to the managers office and ask you to sign a paper stating that your sales are unacceptable and that if you don't get better they will fire you.

Management can be better. They have their favorite people. The promise you this and that but there is no way you can get it. They get it all. Be aware ! There is a lot of competition and the best way to deal with it is to join them and be nice with a smile.

Nobody trains you but you. They only give you a book so you read it and fill out. Then take a test on the computer. My advice, Pay attention to everything and take notes, that's how you will learn. Ask questions to the people with more experience and knowledge.

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping. Stop picking your favorite people. Do not promise others what it is not true. You can do a better job.
    Find professional and polite ways to talk to your team members.

8. "Diamond Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time

Pros

Easy, flexible, great discount, good training,

Cons

Poor management, long hours, no overtime

Advice to Management

Enforce rules

"High Pressure"

Former Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice people.

Cons

High pressure to make goals. Unrealistic goals. Unethical practices to get customers to overspend. Highly competitive atmosphere with unrealistic goals push employees into backstabbing each other.

10. "Great environment!"

Former Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Diamond Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High energy coworkers
    Great customer base

Cons

Not a great work/life balance

"Sales"

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time

Pros

Stable company that is in no danger of going out business. If you are able or willing to put in incredible hours and if you are good at your job there is an opportunity for most employees to move up. If you have no sales experience and if you are in a store with a management team that cares, you will be properly trained and given tools to use in any sales job.

Cons

They continue to de-value their employees. They have also lowed their base pay by quite a bit making hiring qualified people nearly impossible. They have no sense that we are people, not machines. The stress they put on employees is incredible with little reward. We are ALL in constant fear of losing our jobs or getting demoted for numbers, that are times, completely out of our control. I have been a top producer for more than 10 years and I still get nervous if I have a bad month. My base pay keeps me there because I've been building it for years and I can't support my family with a pay cut. Every year we are expected to do even more with less. They will pull every bit of time and energy out you with no respect for what you have sacrificed for them, then expect you to do it all over again the next month without reprieve. Their motto should be "Yes, but what have you done for me today?"

Advice to Management

We are human beings. Please look at us more than our employee numbers and realize there is a person behind them. We have lives. We have families. Please remember when you are maximizing profits for corporate gain, and personal bonuses, you are doing this at the sake of our well beings. You are taking from our families and hurting our quality of life with these decisions. You are the largest jewelry retailer in the world. You won. Please do better than Walmart has in showing your employees that are at store level that you care about our well beings. You can do this by transferring some of these said "profits" to the people who earned them on our backs while producing for you, through your budget cuts, all while the increasing and unmanageable goals stay present. I sold nearly 1 million dollars for you last year and because of your poor decisions concerning store level employees, and giving our managers poor means to hire qualified employees, the individuals at our store were over goaled and were subject to write ups and constantly being reminded that we are easily replaced. We were disqualified from our raises. Were you? Some of us lost our jobs. Did you?