Jared Galleria of Jewelry Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • employee discount flexibility with schedule (in 11 reviews)

• Commission, flexible schedule, good benefits and 401k (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • High pressure to make sales goals (in 18 reviews)

• Unrealistic commission structure (in 12 reviews)

1. "I don't know why there are bad reviews..........:/"

Current Employee - Shop Clerical in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Shop Clerical in Novi, MI

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Schedule. Management is very helpful. Feels like family at work. Great Pay/Location is perfect. Tons of work to do so you don't get bored during your 8 hour shift. Co-workers are always team oriented. I personally like jobs where the employees have been working there for a while because it means the management is superb and they like the job. Great Company!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

The only con I would say is the 30 minute lunches....because I am use to having an hour lunch. But since I'm working 10:30 to 7:00 p.m Mon-Fri. I can't really complain too much, it's the perfect schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep Doing your thing @ 8237!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. "Give it a chance, don't quit on the first two weeks"

Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've seen alot of people come in and quit within the first week. Why? It's a cushy job (if you're at the right location), just do your job and management will leave you alone. Don't be shy. Interact with everyone. Become best friends with the repair show employees.

Cons

Sometimes there is nothing to do. It's not bad for the first couple of days, but then you're begging for people to come in.

3. "Amazing Experience!"

Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Brandon, FL

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome management, great coworkers, benefits are great too. The discount is pretty good too, and the manager always had schedules out ahead of time if you needed to change shifts. Managers were easy to talk to and get along with.

Cons

Communication, hours lax after holidays, expectations were really high even when the holidays were over, so it was difficult to meet daily goals when there wasn't much business. And whenever I went into the repair station nothing was where I put it and forms were never filled out properly for repairs.

Advice to Management

Communication is a little lacking between the diamontologists and other associates, and there should be two separate lines at the repair station in regards to inspections. One line for those who have their paperwork and one for those who don't.

5. "Jared has given me extensive customer service and retail knowledge."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work on salary and commission! The schedules are flexible to accommodate needs as life happens. You also receive a great discount if you choose to purchase items.

Cons

Sometimes the goals are hard to meet when the economy is down because they are based on previous years' numbers, but it all works out. Sometimes you get a difficult customer, but you are trained to handle them.

Advice to Management

I want upper management to adjust the computer system. Some of it is repetitive and makes the checkout process longer than it needs to be. Adjust the goals to reflect the traffic that comes into the store on a given day.

6. "I love it!"

Pros

Wonderful training and experience. It's a great atmosphere.

Cons

I have no cons whatsoever.

Advice to Management

My managers are awesome.

7. "Great Environment, Excellent Pay."

Pros

The starting pay is great, learning about Gemstones & Diamonds was surprisingly interesting, the company is also a growing one that treats their employees well.

Cons

The pressure to open up credit accounts, even though they can be beneficial to the guests' they are still credit accounts at the end of the day.
    The tours were a bit unnerving, sometimes customer would completely blow you you off because they just want to look at Diamonds already.

Advice to Management

When running a store remember that the team as whole is what the difference is between a store that is ok and one that is phenomenal , please do not hold the Diamond Associates on a pedestal because we all are part of the "Jared Experience"

8. "Currently managing"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Brea, CA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great training, guest relations are number one. All of this is true if YOU MAKE IT TRUE. A lot of these reviews differ per store and per manager. Just like anywhere you go in the workplace. STERLING INC. And Jared as a whole Is geared towards the client. From our first entry in the door, our customer parking, store greet/tour, exclusive diamond brands, and diamond rooms to have one on one training and education with your client. Credit plans that meet the clients needs with one of the easiest credit applications in the jewelry industry that someone can be approved without running their credit multiple times. The company is great, again the pros will depend on the store and team. Compared to most jewelry stores for holiday hours Jared vs. Kay, Zales, and other malls stored under our subsidiary will have better hours because they are "stand alone" stores. The company promotes upon the team members ability, and success. That can be different per district based upon DMs and managerial team.

Cons

Dependent upon the store with any sales environment there will be aggressive employees that are hungry for sales. The goals are tough, however they are made to be accomplished and exceeded. Sales people are typically type A personalities and thrive on success and excellence. These goals for some can be hard and defeating. Especially depending upon your department. If each team member does not have the same drove and they are ok not doing their part the entire store can suffer because commission levels are based upon the entire stores performance. Sometimes the expectation to close the sale is more important than what is best for the guest (this can vary based upon managers)

Advice to Management

Focus on constructive training, take politics out of it, remember that days of are meant for rest and without interruption.

"I went to Jared"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities
    Base Salary along with Commission
    Really Flexible before and after the holiday rush
    great staff and management is supportive on you getting better as a sales associate
    team selling is a must and equates to more money

Cons

Some associates don't help you as much as they want you to help them ( not a fault of the company imo)
    If you want time off between late November and Christmas FORGET ABOUT IT
    Goal oriented can be a con if you arent used to this
    pressure to open up credit is great but once you get a knack for it you are fine

Advice to Management

Evaluate who gets promoted ( may have standards in but not a great fit)
    Make a first time incentive for opening an account i.e 5-10 percent off first purchase when opening an account

"I had a wonderful experience where I felt welcome and valued."

Former Employee - Jeweler in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Jeweler in San Diego, CA

Pros

They care about you. And they recognize when you are doing well.

Cons

Huge production numbers. Time management very important.

Advice to Management

My managers were both excellent. Caring and patient.

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Full Time Sales in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time Sales in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time

Pros

Great training, clear goals, nice benefits, company is still growing

Cons

None that I can say are different than any other multi-billion dollar company. If you're not a people person or are negative they you wint do well.

Advice to Management

Keep the promotions coming!