Jason Cases Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
  1. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Jason Cases full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, growing company with interesting products and opportunity for growth. I enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons

Jason Cases2019-06-28
  2. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Assembler

I have been working at Jason Cases part-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience so far has been great. All the employees are warm and very helpful.

Cons

It’s crucial to pay attention to everything you learn in training to keep the process smooth, but nonetheless achievable!

Jason Cases2019-06-27
  3. "better than most manufacturing gigs"

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time for more than a year

Pros

busy environment, great if you like to work with your hands and can deliver results quickly and efficiently. management is quick to resolve any issues that come up and will work with you to help bring you up to speed.

Cons

giving high quality all the time requires focus, most people can't do it 5 days straight, burn out can easily set in for folks who aren't used to it

Advice to Management

consider a plan to change the standards so that more people can adapt to it.

Jason Cases2019-04-15

"Positive energy and highest quality"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I first applied I thought it was just a small company with small vision. I couldn't have been more wrong. From the moment I walked in for my first interview I could tell this was going to be different than what I had expected. The work was never easy but always satisfying. By the end of the work week I either felt like I had done a great job or that I was going to have to challenge myself to do better the... following week. This is one of the best ways to learn professionally in my opinion.

Cons

Delivering high quality products 100% of the time felt impossible sometimes. If you're not at the top of your game for even a single day, the staff will notice right away and it registers. It’s a small team so sometimes you will have to help other people in the team, especially if they are short staffed.

Advice to Management

Find new processes that simplify the operation.

Jason Cases2019-03-31
  5. "lovely atmosphere, small team"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time for more than a year

Pros

lovely atmosphere, small team. customer service is mostly just answering the phones and checking email. customers ask when they are going to receive their order and you try to help them get their shipments sooner. very few complaints as the product is solid. management will usually have you jump around between projects, it keeps you busy so you never feel bored

Cons

not alot of customer interaction. sometimes i just wanted to socialize but there wasn’t alot of people to talk to. mostly an internet business so you don’t get to physically see the customers you are talking to.

Advice to Management

we get 2 paid breaks and a one hour lunch break. maybe increase the paid breaks to 3 or 4 and provide more social outings so that everyone gets to know each other.

Jason Cases2019-03-21

"Just don't. Not worth the time"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time

Pros

It is a good learning experience.

Cons

There are so many things I could say about the negative aspects I experienced at this company but I'll try to keep it short. Honestly, it was a waste of my time to work here due to the lack of advancement and lack of being able to build yourself up in your position. The management style greatly needs adjustment because you will not be listened to and things will not change no matter how hard you try. It is a... cyclical pattern of problems arising, bringing it to management's attention, them "fixing" the problem, and then it reoccurring. Time and time again. In my experience, me and others were not treated fairly on almost a daily basis. Also, you most likely wont even end up doing daily what you were hired to do. Sometimes you get put wherever they need help and then asked later why you arent doing your job? It was confusing and frustrating. In my experience, all the work I did was treated as not good enough and I was always "almost 80% (or another random amount) of the way to being good at ____" Personally, my mental health was negatively affected by working here due to the stress. It was a major relief to leave this job. I would personally not reccomend this to anyone. In my opinion, even if you really really needed a job just don't take this one.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to change his attitude and treat employees much much much better or the business will most definitely fail. You CANNOT have a successful business if you chase away all your employees. Also you waste your time not caring to keep employees because all you will ever do is be training new people because you can't get employees to stay JUST because of the owner's behavior. PLEASE just think about changing... for the better. An attitude adjustment would most likely make the business thrive/much better. So many lovely talented people have come and gone because they cannot take the stress and attitude that comes from the owner. These statements are my opinions and some other former co-workers opinions also that I have spoke to regarding their thoughts.

Jason Cases2019-04-24

"Be Careful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Jason Cases full-time for less than a year

Pros

My few interactions with the ops manager were pleasant.

Cons

Long list, starting at the top with the owner. Very high on himself and all of his "million dollar ideas." He is unorganized, unprofessional and extremely difficult to communicate with. Also compensation wasn't as advertised.

Advice to Management

Treat people with more respect, and not as if Jason Case's is the only company in the world. Proceed with caution...

Jason Cases2019-03-14

"Great place to work with a tech-forward approach"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time for more than a year

Pros

i enjoyed working here. having direct communication with management was a big plus and I was always learning new things. my spouse moved us a bit outside of the range so i couldn’t commute anymore, otherwise i would still work there. 4-day work week was great

Cons

depending on your role your salary could be limited. pretty much unless you are in a leadership position then your pay is capped at a certain point.

Advice to Management

Delegate more to your employees and provide more paths for people to move into new positions. Allow us time for proper training.

Jason Cases2019-01-27

"Fun if you like to do many different projects"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Durham, NC

I worked at Jason Cases full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was hired as a graphic designer and production assistant. Most of my work involved just production assistant. I guess it depends on what comes in from customers. It was fun for a while to jump from one project to something completely different but I was interested in just graphic design so it felt like a waste of my time

Cons

Depending on the workload, you might get stuck doing work that you don’t enjoy

Advice to Management

Guide your team towards the work that you hired them to do. Too many distractions could lead to dissatisfaction

Jason Cases2019-01-20

"DO NOT JUST DON'T"

Former Employee - Worker

I worked at Jason Cases full-time

Pros

Nothing good with this company

Cons

the whole company needs to be fixed

Advice to Management

get in touch with reality

Jason Cases2019-02-07