Jasper Contractors 43 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Wedding

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great base salary that pays weekly, health care paid in full after a period of time, company vehicle and phone. I love working outside so this was a pro for me. Large commissions! You get what you put in so if you are willing to work hard the pay out will be in your favor!

Cons

In the beginning you are working long hours but once you understand the flow of things and you build up your pipeline that should level out.

Advice to Management

Support your new guys

2. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are rewarded for hard work. Loyalty. Knowing you are helping people with their most precious investment- their home.

Cons

Can't think of any long term cons

3. "Wow what an opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money

It's a strong career not just some job

The President and Owner are open, honest and take care of their employees

Fun culture
    Management is extremely diverse and empathetic

The work is always steady in any economical environment. Recession proof

I an well educated with a Masters degree and this career challeges you everyday and pays out better than any other opportunity I ever seen that's available

Make great pay or better if you have good work ethic. Listen to the management and you'll succeed

The playing of politics here to get ahead don't ever survive in the culture, it's truly based on performance

Cons

None at all

like any job in sales it takes hard work and to put in thr hours necessary to be successful, some people don't understand that. This company pays for everything for you and a commission, not a commission only position. Theyou give you a salary benefits, a truck, phone, etc not sure how you complain about that. .....

Only those that expect to get but not give to the company don't last and seem to be whiners on here.

Only Qualities that no employer will accept like lack of punctuality, excessive absences, etc are mostly the real reasons people leave. good luck to those thatbthink that may be ok. i hope you find a company that is accepting of that type of character but it's doubtful. Like I said this is a career not just a job for those that put into it. Those who have negative reviews because it wasn't a fit, have some integrity with yourselves because I know differently first hand. It's not a professional way to conduct yourself in blaming others for your shortcomings.

Advice to Management

Thank you Brian and Carl for changing my life with a limitless opportunity.

"A Company that Invests into its Employees"

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first time, I feel like I am at a company that is invested in my future, and does not discriminate against me for my age, gender, race, etc. (which is often a problem at other companies). I've received pay raises, promotions, and a wealth of knowledge, but this isn't just about money and an employee's status in the company. I feel like the company recognizes employees for their attributes. If you have a good head on your shoulders, and you are a hard worker, they will recognize you for it. The company is 100% interested in RETAINING employees that have proven themselves, and once you have proven yourself to be a good investment, they will to invest in you. If you need help, training or information and you are bright enough to ask for this, they will help you to succeed! Your success is their success!! Be humble and patient in the beginning. Nobody likes having an employee or a manager that thinks they are better than others, or think they should be moving up quickly. So if you are humble and patient, smart and hardworking, you WILL be recognized and be given the opportunities you've been looking for.

Cons

I know the company has a turnover rate that can be scary. I know many people have posted about the fear of being terminated when you are with a company that has a high turnover. But from what I've experienced and see here, the company just doesn't like dead weight. The company expects its employees to be the best and refuses anything less. I don't think a company should be poorly rated for not lowering its standards to a mediocre level or accepting employees who would rather just "get by". So I will not deny the turnover that the company has, but just know, there are a substantial number of employees that have been with the company for years and sometimes, its just hard finding good help.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees, as they are your biggest asset, and find ways to retain your valuable assets. If you ask them what is important to them or what they want, they'll tell you the truth.

6. "Fun job to make a nice living at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Jasper Contractors full-time

Pros

Great commission structure and the back office staff is top notch.

Cons

Long hours, Saturday work is a must. One day off. Can be away from home for extended periods of time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Free health care if you make it 2 months but most likely they will fire you before than.

Cons

Scam company run for the hills and don't quit your day job for this backward ran roofing company

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees and have a better effective training program and better management

8. "Great company with advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jasper has a lot of perks. I have worked here for over two years, and they have always given me the opportunity to advance. I started out in a different position and now manage a small team. I can share my thoughts and opinions with my coworkers, and if I suggest additional training or ways to better my team, they are accommodating. Basically, if you work hard at Jasper, it pays off. Aside from enjoying my role and the work environment, the company offers great salaries, bonuses and raises (not to mention the benefits are amazing)!

Cons

I have worked at other companies, and I can tell you that the cons at Jasper are nothing like the corporate world. I enjoy my job, and if there is something that is bothering me, I discuss it with my manager and she finds a way to work through it.

"I run my own business"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has provided me with a financial opportunity that has changed my life. Base pay, incredible commission structure. The CEO is a leader.

Cons

There are no cons. The only formula to success here is that you have to work. That's it!

Advice to Management

Management here will lead you in the right direction, but they will not hold your hand. They tell you exactly how to "GET THE CHECK" and after that it's on you to run your busines . I read a lot of reviews on here that are negative and I just don't get it. I understand that some people do not have the heart and drive to make it, but why down a company for your personal lack of character. A lot of football players want to make it to the pros but not all of them succeed. That doesn't mean the NFL is a bad company, it just means that some people wanted it more than others. The secret formula to making it at Jasper is very simple, it's called WORK!!!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jasper Contractors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jasper taught me many great tools which I will carry forward into my sales career for the rest of my life. You have the opportunity to make as much money as you want and please if your willing to work for it. I myself made more then I ever thought I would make at a young age.

Cons

There is two major flaws with the company. #1 Company is mainly fear based for its sales reps and instead of it being supportive and providing fun and rewarding sales environment, you feel as if the company is trying to "burn you out" or pout you down. #2 Most of management (other then Carl President of Jasper) are all constantly worried about being let go or fired and instead look for a lower employee to put blame on or put that employee down. The company does not even have Christmas party or any company events for employees. Also you work about 80 hours a week which is unrealistic and eventually everyone loses drive and is burned out or fired.

Advice to Management

Provide a more fun environment for employees and be more supportive. Change management mentality to not be "fear based" so everyone is more united.

11. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

A lot of physical activity working door to door in neighborhoods. There is a potential to earn a great income selling roofs.

Cons

The down side is all the neighborhoods have been pounded hard by other account managers daily. There just isn't enough damage for insurance companies to replace roofs, and most insurance companies stopped replacing roofs because there is a shingle missing. Hard to get replacement roofs approved, this means no commissions.

Advice to Management

Spread out your account managers into more uncharted neighborhoods and let them generate some business, instead of forcing them to step on each others toes all day everyday.