Jayman Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

3.2
Jayman CEO Jay Westman
Jay Westman
  1. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Jayman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company culture. Professional staff who believe in the value of their work.

Cons

Constant change in marketing strategies due to market conditions which affect all departments in the company.

Jayman2018-11-17

November 21, 2018HR Partner

Thanks for the feedback!! Totally get that we change all the time and it can be frustrating. But if you think about it - it's what has made Jay successful! He pivots quick and our challenge is to just stay to his speed!

2. "ok"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Jayman full-time for less than a year

Pros

there is nothin to say

Cons

working ggod so nothing to say

Advice to Management

na

Jayman2017-10-25
  3. "Work life balance In this company"

I worked at Jayman

Pros

They have good potential growth

Cons

Very tiring, work till very late

Jayman2017-10-05

November 8, 2018HR Partner

We get it - this is a " work hard work hard" company. But we are trying to listen more and more to the needs of our team members and ensure that you don't burn out. Thank you for commenting - this just helps us to keep focused on the right things!

"Fast-paced company perfect for those who like to innovate"

Current Employee - Management in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Jayman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jayman BUILT is a hard-working company who excels at presenting their product to the marketplace. The people who work here are dedicated to their careers, are excited to be a part of a fast-moving industry, and excel at their career niche. The benefits are good, the work environment productive, and the appetite to be the best strong. Employees actively seek out solutions to issues and look at ways to implement effective...

Cons

This isn't a free ride :) which I don't think is a con, but some people will. This is NOT a place to work if you don't want to work hard and earn your keep. You will be using 100% of your effort and brain all the time - there are no slack days here! You need to be on your toes and sharp for new ideas, opportunities, and challenges. You must be an effective time manager - 80% done is not good enough. If you're energized...

Advice to Management

Keep being involved, and continue to really listen to the people lowest on the totem pole. They will be your best champions and your loudest critics :D

Jayman2017-08-02

September 15, 2017HR Partner

This is such a great review and thank you for taking the time you did to fill it out!! As for your advice to management - we think it's bang on! It doesn't matter what role you have - your voice will be heard!

5. "Edmonton Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Jayman

Pros

Jayman is a fantastic place to work. Great Team and great leadership

Cons

All is good. No concerns

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time. Visit and engage with employees more often

Jayman2017-05-19

September 15, 2017HR Partner

We've definitely passed your comments to management! Thanks so much for your feedback!

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Jayman full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with the company a little over 30 days and I can't get over how much I feel like I am at home. Everyone has been welcoming. I feel like morale couldn't get higher. I also like that we don't budge on price. Our integrity and our name is everything. I wouldn't want to work for any other homebuilder in this city. It was very interesting. The day I signed the offer, there was a sales meeting going on and I got to...

Cons

You hear that this is a work hard only kind of company and that it doesn't matter about the overtime we put in but I haven't felt that way yet. I have a great manager and even though it's been a short amount of time, I feel like they care about me.

Advice to Management

I haven't been able to attend a town hall yet but I look forward to them. I also heard that the Fireside chats with Sean are really good. Looking forward to being invited.

Jayman2017-04-20

September 15, 2017HR Partner

We hope that you're still having a great time at Jayman! Thanks again for taking the time to chat!

7. "rip off"

Current Employee - Area Service Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Jayman

Pros

Team work, it is good to work in a team that cares, but it also bad when the team doesnt pay their bills

Cons

blaming sub contractor just to save a couple bucks, Educate your people

Advice to Management

Pay your bills, sub contractor are not responsible for our mistakes

Jayman2017-03-23

April 19, 2017HR Partner

We talked to the management team and we certainly don't want you to feel this way. We know our managers take pride in paying the trades as fast as possible so if you aren't seeing it, please say something! We want to be sure that we are walking our talk!

8. "Leader in the Housing Industry"

I have been working at Jayman

Pros

Jayman has a long history of hard work leading to amazing results. The company has been through several housing downturns and has used the considerable experience it gained to position the company for success in 2016 and beyond. Working here means being part of that legacy of learning, adapting, and winning.

Cons

Jayman moves at a fast pace. Most people working here relish a challenge and thrive at high-speed - but it may not be for everyone.

Jayman2017-02-07

March 28, 2017HR Partner

Thank you so much for this! It's people like you who believe in us help us to continue to #1 in our industry!

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Jayman full-time

Pros

Jayman rewards employees for their energy, initiative, enthusiasm and making the right choices in their jobs on a daily basis. Goals and expectations are clear and the company is always making changes to accommodate the marketplace which in turn keeps us all engaged and employed. Some of the best working conditions I have experienced from the equipment to the general environment and culture. We have some of the best...

Cons

Jayman continues to win awards for Best Place To Work, Customer Service and is a Platinum Member of the Best Managed Companies. As long as they continue looking after their employees, Jayman will continue in winning these awards. The culture is always about improvement so I can't really identify a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jayman2016-12-13

March 28, 2017HR Partner

Amazing! Thank you for taking the time to write this!

10. "Review of work environment"

I worked at Jayman full-time

Pros

Worked with fantastic conscientious colleagues that really took pride in and cared about their work.

Cons

Unprogressive old school upper-management. Only value employees that work themselves to exhaustion. High percentage of staff experiencing extreme stress /fear.

Advice to Management

It costs more to have a revolving door of new employees and to train them , than to treat your existing employees humanely and retain them.

Jayman2016-11-16

November 25, 2016HR Partner

It was definitely a tough year. We not only had to do more with less but we had to say goodbye to a lot of great colleagues. We understand that it can be stressful. Now that we're through the bulk of 2016 all we can say is that we are so looking forward to 2017.

Found 17 reviews