Jefferson Dental Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Dental Assistant"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, great pay, & great people to work with.

Cons

Nothing but maybe hours differ everyday. Working every Saturday too.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Don't do it."

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Baytown, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They'll hire newbies. Inexperienced RDAs. Will train you their way. It's a good door opener to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Where do I start? The whole 8 months I was there I never seen or was presented with insurance options about healthcare or dental or vision! They're strict on calling in if your sick. Hours are RIDICULOUS. You have no life. I was only 22 working almost 12 hour shifts. My lunch breaks were 5, 10, 15 minutes long.I never had a lunch where I could catch my breath. I never saw the dentists eat. It was literally Root Canal after Root Canal. And on top of scheduled treatment. Dentist would jump from room to room. Go numb here, do cleaning there, open fillings here, start Root Canal there, go back to finish the fillings, do an exam. My god! It is a horror! Definitely not worth it. They don't appreciate you and your time there. They treat you like robots and expect you to be sane. Oh and around Christmas. December month. They got you working from 8am-9pm due to cleaning and late treatment...

Advice to Management

Long hours of working should give employers 1 hour lunch. Health insurance should be applied to all employers. Don't wait for them to ask. Hours should change for the sake and life of those who do you a favor.

3. "Okay."

Former Employee - Registered Orthodontic Assistant in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Orthodontic Assistant in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are willing to train, have gift card raffles once a month.

Cons

They want you to take trash out, clean restroom, have to cook lunch for the Ortho Team, If my name was pulled .can not clock in early. Only 30 min brake no loner Than that.

Advice to Management

Only if you will be there often to see my performance. Offer the right money to the right person,think about it twice before u start giving this titles away to people you think earn it.in reality they don't deserve it. You wanted me to clean but won't lay me what I'm asking for, doesn't make sense.

4. "Lots of experience if you have good management which is unlikely, hours are ridiculous. Get your experience and get out"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Arlington, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of experience due to overscheduling.
    They finally give PTO days and good vacation time.
    You get overtime if you aren't forced to take hour lunches if so you won't get OT.
    Plus side you are guaranteed a minimum of 35 hours you don't get sent home if schedule is slow.

Cons

Hours are terrible in December you will be forced to work 6 days with extended hours you may have to work 12 hours with only a 30 minute unpaid lunch.
    Managers seem to be able to make up and ignore rules, some sleep, bring kids to work, talk about employees confidential medical problems, spend a lot of time talking to family friends on phone, use their cell phones but will complain if you drink water twice, they tell doctors what to do. Managers will keep treatment and leave early. You will only leave on time when they have something to do. They dot send your time off requests, even though it's not up to them to approve them.
    They will keep you late, no scheduled lunch.
    No concern or respect for your time or family.
    Benefits are pathetic, no match for 401k.
    Only get discounts on treatment.
    Pay is terrible one of the lowest in dental field.
    They send mixed signals they "want" patients to be satisfied yet schedule 8 patients at the same time, therefore patients are always waiting and upset.
    They don't have a minimum for you to produce it's always about 20% more than the previous year which impossible how can you produce when the turnover is extremely high.
    Always understaffed.
    It seems to be designed to not allow you to succeed Dentist can't right a letter of recommendation, hire you or recommend you to join the new company they move to or they will get sued. Hours conflict with college classes.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees maybe you won't have so much turnover and pay more.

5. "This office is too old to be open"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Hurst, TX
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Hurst, TX

Pros

I feel that I did learn a lot of things about myself and how to be a better dental assistant do to the fact that they were a office that takes Medicaid

Cons

The office I worked in was very out of date and I felt that they weren't in the new age of dental they had the old version of everything they had an over flow of patients which is normal but we were just so behind patients would wait hours for something small. Sterilization was a huge problem their was one dental assistant that wanted to do everything in the office and it was hard because we couldn't do our job properly. She told us that we couldn't dismiss patients, sterilize, and so may other things she was loud and pushy and she wanted to do everything in the office so she would be looked at in a good light and be able to say she did everything it was complete misery. They said they were willing to train and we never got trained they would tell us it's busy today, but tomorrow we will train you and when we had free time during the day no training was given I think they just wanted us to keep working until we figured everything out.but there was one time she told me to go train on the computer and she didn't know how it worked and I got yelled at.

6. "Experience"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to get hired if you have no experience. A lot of hands-on. This is a great starter job for someone who has little to no experience or right after school getting hired as an extreme is no problem

Cons

Long hours. Low wage for the work that you do. Difficult time getting off. Unprofessional.if you have more than 2 to 3 years of experience please look elsewhere this please let me bring you down unless you want to long hours and would like to work with Old school stuff.

Advice to Management

Train the staff and train the management to do their job better than a booth people when people leave the company and half the time they're not even train and don't do what they're supposed.

7. "Not family or student friendly"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Houston, TX

Pros

pros you get the experience you need to look for work elsewhere

Cons

the change the schedule multiple times a month so you have to be really flexible and have to enjoy being away from family functions .

Advice to Management

most managers have little to no experience in management so there is not really a constant flow of organization in the office so I would say that corporate needs to be more involved not just the conference calls but visit and observe and really train managers.

"Real employee with JDC"

Former Employee - Floater in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Floater in Houston, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros: They will train you in the dental field.....which you can take with you to another dental office that is way better

Cons

Its never about patient care, its all production, they pay off insurance companies so they can tell patients that they are being given a discount that way they keep coming back, regardless of the fact that sometimes they can be there 3 hours for an exam or the whole day for one small bridge. Also its hectic, running around with no peace. Another prev employees once told me, we looked liked roaches running around. They lead you to believe its the place to work but they won't do a work interview because they NEED you, because once you start, you will want to leave GUARANTEED! The pay they give you is no pay enough for the amount of work you do. Employees don't last. I do less work and better pay somewhere else now, I'm less stresses and more happier. This place will wear you down. Speaking from experience.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting employees to management, because some of them don't know what they are doing...and they don't do anything. They would let us (front desk) do all the work and just save face in front of RM Joanna and Corporate management (Melissa).

"The most horrible working experience ever!"

Former Employee - Office Manager in South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in South Houston, TX

I worked at Jefferson Dental Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wish I could give the overall rating just half a star, because honestly the full star is way too much for this company! There are no pros!!! This company is all about money!!! They don't care about patients or employees!!

Cons

They lie to you about holiday pay, and personal time off. They hire drop outs that worked at McDonald's to manage the doctors. They had no dental knowledge what so ever and were very badly spoken. Didn't even know the differed between a root canal and a basic filling!! The upper management is just as horrible too! They never helped you with your questions until months after! They don't allow sick time or vacation time during December and if you were sick you were written up!!! Run!! Run!!! The dental work is shitty too!!!!

Advice to Management

Hahaha!!!!! Hire people with actual dental experience not people that flipped burgers for a living!!!

"Not a professional/good experience."

Former Employee - General Dentist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Dentist in Dallas, TX

Pros

Easy to land a job with this company. There is always a job opening. The salary is ok compared to other dental corporation. They have several locations.

Cons

You have to be careful before you sign up. "Bait and switch" mentality at this orgnization. Do not sign up, ask to work for a week before you sign up, you will see that it might not be a fit for you. You will see. So do your homework!