Jellyfish Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Rob Pierre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Exceptional Environment, Exceptional Team!"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jellyfish has been a great company to grow with. It's given me the opportunity to expand my professional skill-set while working with great people who share the same values that I have. Everyone is always willing to led a helping hand and welcome new starters with a smile!

Cons

I'd say we're young, aggressive and moving fast. I wouldn't consider these cons, but want to be transparent in the kind of growth trajectory we've set for ourselves. With new faces coming in every week, we want to emphasize the importance of the family atmosphere we've cultivated over the years.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow and evolve, ensure we capture the greatest talent in the marketplace - those who exemplify the Jellyfish core values and drive the long term success we have set for ourselves!

"Great start to my career!"

I worked at Jellyfish full-time

Pros

Amazing experience

Work with great clients

Cons

Mixed messages from management

Long hours

3. "Trying to be the next Google (and Failing)"

Former Employee - PPC Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - PPC Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Jellyfish full-time

Pros

-"Seemingly" supportive work environment
    -Close to parking

Cons

-Felt like I needed to drink from the Kool-Aid in order to fit in to the odd work environment
    -Found female employees crying in the restroom during work hours
    -Have to completely support higher up management in able to move up
    -No room for diversity
    -One of proposed U.S. agency rules was having to smile in the workplace

Advice to Management

Actually speak to your employees and listen. Don't let money drive every aspect of professional development.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth for those willing to work hard and take initiative. Access to senior leadership who takes the time to listen to staff. Modern agency office vibe – open work space and common areas in which executives and employees work side-by-side, lots of free snacks and beverages, and technology that allows work from anywhere. People are smart and friendly!

Cons

The work can be fast-paced and demanding, but that’s honestly the nature of agency life. There could also be more flexibility in work schedules and the opportunity to work remotely.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff – happy employees translate into happy clients. Keep offering training opportunities (both in-house learning lunches and offsite conferences & training) for employees to develop skills and stay on top of industry trends.

"Come for growth and progression"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Huge potential for professional and technical growth for those willing to work hard and grab the many opportunities available. The office has a great vibe with a real family feel, the fast growth means that smart staff that show initiative are moving up the ranks and being recognized quickly, while being supported along the way with wide ranging training. There is strong leadership from the top who provide transparency and clarity when it comes to the direction Jellyfish are going and what is needed from staff to help us get there.

Cons

I wouldn't really know what to put here, having worked at a few other agencies I know what problems there can be in a digital agency, particularly when growing quickly, but our leadership has been very agile and quick to find a solution to any issues that arise.

Advice to Management

keep listening to staff and doing your best to accommodate their needs and wants, where reasonable!

"Best Agency in Baltimore"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Jellyfish. After college, I bounced around between a couple companies/agencies and saw first hand what it's like to work at a bad organization. I feel very fortunate to have found Jellyfish. The office is amazing and everyone is super friendly. Jellyfish absolutely has a work hard/ play hard mentality.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about the organization. Jellyfish is growing rapidly and has had growing pains, which should be expected with such rapid growth. I think Jellyfish has done a great job of addressing those growing pains internally and has moved forward eloquently.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in best-in-class talent and clients, while keeping a positive and fun working environment.

"too many chiefs with no direction"

I worked at Jellyfish full-time

Pros

Great colleagues.
    Opportunity to learn digital at a higher level.
    Good location.
    Decent pay scale.

Cons

No clear, concise, attainable goals.
    Change direction for wants/needs constantly.
    Sales team is sexist and backhanded.
    Benefits are almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Focus on goals and follow through with them.

"PPC Manager"

Former Employee - PPC Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - PPC Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Downtown location.
    Snack & Food at-least twice a week.

Cons

Poor Management, horrible working atmosphere.
    Congested work space.
    Not much work with Paid search, most work is done for Reporting.
    Crazy monthly schedule, no input but want results from air.

Advice to Management

Make a right plan for company and for employee.
    Make good vision for Paid Search Team and other department.

"Management heavy, dull clients but good people"

Current Employee - Group in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Group in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, smart and fun people, great location, great parking.

Cons

Constant battle between departments over budgets and time. The way the business is structured, if an account manager wants someone to do a report, or review an analytics profile, it has to be passed through as an "Internal Statement of Work", which is basically a quote from the department. What this means, is that if your department isn't on great terms with the Project Managers, you basically have to play salesman with them and haggle over how long it's going to take etc. It creates a really caustic dynamic where everyone is introverted to their departments and more worried about their individual budgets than creating amazing work for clients.

Advice to Management

Drop the SOW system, it's dumb and it hurts the people who work for you and interferes in doing good work.

10. "Great work environment"

Pros

The company was a great place to work. I appreciated going into work everyday because of the people that were employed there. I genuinely laughed everyday, and enjoyed going into work to be surrounded by the people.

Cons

The hours were a bit annoying, but if you're looking to sit behind a desk for 8 hours it'd be fine. The hours were 8-5, 8:30-5:30, or 9-6. They called it "flexible" hours. The training lacked experience in certain departments, but they were very structured when dealing with PPC employees/trainees.

Advice to Management

Review training procedures for branches of the business other than PPC, understand it is a growing company and try not to forget about the new people as you expand your business.