Jellyfish Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rob Pierre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Jellyfish is growing rapidly and has had growing pains, which should be expected with such rapid growth" (in 4 reviews)

• "Open concept can be a con, some can easily get distracted" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Talented people, awesome culture and amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment is great! Everyone, from the CEO to team members, is helpful and encouraging of personal and professional growth.

Cons

There isn't enough space right now because we are growing so quickly. But is that really a bad thing?)

Sep 19, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are SO happy to have you as part of the team! More space is on the horizon with our big move coming up next year.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time

Pros

great environment and great people

Cons

parking is limited and hours can be quite long

"Mixed Feelings"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Jellyfish (More than a year)

Pros

- Depending on your like manager and team there is room for growth and good support.
    - Upper Management generally listens to everyone/everyone has a voice.
    - If you are looking to stay in the agency space Jellyfish will provide shelter from the large conglomerates.

Cons

- There is a serious disconnect and varying culture between offices, and teams. Similar to who your boss is, where you are located will also affect your overall experience and career trajectory.
    - Lowest amount of holidays I’ve seen at a company. US does not get all or even most federal holidays off (while other countries get numerous bank holidays), and you don’t get the week between Christmas and NYE off.
    - Lack of diversity in general, and exponentially as you look up the ladder. There are zero women in leadership. Conversations are starting to happen around this but little or no action has come forth.
    - Very low 401k match, and not a lot of other benefits.
    - Little WFH flexibly (once per month)

Advice to Management

You have a good vision, but execution is not there. There are conflicting messages coming from leadership, and they’re clearly butting heads which makes future plans seem weak.

Also, trust your employees. They will do good work if you give them clear direction.

"Needs a bit more diversity"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time

Pros

Fast growing company. Everyone is bright and wants you to succeed. Great benefits as well.

Cons

Open concept can be a con, some can easily get distracted.

One of the first things I noticed when I first took a tour of the Baltimore office during the interview process is the lack of diversity. In my opinion, Baltimore and the DMV area is a melting pot of different cultures and backgrounds and I’m 100% sure there is talent out there that Jellyfish is looking for. Diversity also shouldn’t be a topic to bribe employees over free pizza with, if it’s truly important to a company, we should be seeing it with all the new hires as the company continues to grow.

Feb 1, 2019 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We see the same opportunity you do in committing to Diversity & Inclusion and would love to continue the conversation with you... More

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- location
    - parking
    - extremely likeable and trustworthy executive team, despite being in the UK
    - known name in the marketing/digital industry and extremely well respected
    - opportunity for growth and movement within the company

Cons

- departments can be silohed and divided

Feb 1, 2019 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! The location is one of my favorite pro's as well - even better when we move to Harbor Point next year.

Less division of departments is something we are working on as... More

6. "Great Work Atmosphere, Genuinely Nice and Caring Employees"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are fun to work with, lots to learn and always busy.

Cons

No cons - open concept office can be distracting at some times

Feb 1, 2019 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for all your hard work! If you ever feel distracted, feel free to grab your laptop and take advantage of the semi-private or break out areas. HR also has flags available to alert others via... More

7. "Great place to work!!"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only been here for 2 Months but everyone is so friendly and wonderful to work with! I approve and would recommend this place to anyone looking to grow in a digital world!

Cons

I don't have any Cons for Jellyfish!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Feb 1, 2019 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for joining the Jellyfish family - thank you for all your hard work and please help us improve with feedback either here or in person.

8. "GREAT Job to Have Right After College"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn more about digital marketing and the industry with hands-on, supportive management in a passionate and hard-working environment

Cons

I have no cons for Jellyfish as a company so far.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees!

Sep 19, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

We hope you have learned a lot & thank you for joining the team!

9. "Wish I could've started sooner"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started about a month ago with the Jellyfish Academy (their 3 month training program). This has been an amazing opportunity so far - we've been learning all we need to know to become well-versed in our roles and the industry. I had been working full time for a few years prior to this and, honestly, I wish I had found this opportunity sooner.

- Clear opportunity for growth
    - Open communications from low-level employees to C-suite
    - Monthly company update meetings where you can hear very transparent news about the company progress
    - Free breakfast and lunch once a month, with snacks available everyday
    - AWESOME benefits (healthcare and PTO)
    - Willing to invest in your learning and professional development
    - Subsidized parking

PROS FOR THE JFA PROGRAM:
    - Great transition out of college
    - Opportunity to learn best practices from practitioners in the industry
    - Opportunity to work on clients with guidance
    - You start with a class and it's a great way to meet people, especially if you aren't from the area

Cons

- Commuting, if you live out of the city

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback and investing in your people! These were the main reasons I chose to come to Jellyfish and it's reassuring to know it's being put to practice.

Sep 19, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for listing the benefits, we're always trying to find new offerings and resources for our employees. We truly appreciate your hard work and positive feedback!

"Growing Company - Good Career Move"

I have been working at Jellyfish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growing Company - a lot of opportunity for growth
    - Clear growth paths for employees
    - Communication between employees and upper management is great - monthly company meeting where upper management updates everyone on how the company is doing and take the time to acknowledge employee accomplishments
    - CEO conducts in person meetings with all new hires, in all offices.
    - Great location - I work in the Baltimore Office and it's located near Harbor East. The company subsidizes parking in a nearby garage so parking isn't an issue.
    - International Company - UK based. You get the opportunity to work with people all over the world.
    - Company offers benefits that many companies in the area do not offer - 12 weeks paid maternity leave, generous amount of time off, work from home days every month and flex schedules.
    - While agency life is stressful by nature and working with offices in many time zones can be challenging at times, overall work life balance is much better than any agency I have worked in. People typically leave the office between 5-6 pm.
    - Salaries are very competitive and also better than other agencies in the area

Cons

- Not too many paid holidays off - The company observes 8 paid holidays a year which is less than other companies I've worked for. Not a deal breaker since the amount if PTO & Sick leave is good, but it would be nice to have move paid holidays observed.
    - Open office layout - again, not a deal breaker as many offices have open office layouts! I personally like quiet spaces now and again to focus and get work done. People typically bring headphones to listen to music to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees - one of the reasons I took this job was because of the value Jellyfish places on open communication and wanting their employees to excel within the industry. I'm sure it will, but I hope this continues to stay a priority as the company grows : )