Jennison Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Jeff Becker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Decision of my Career"

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started to look for a new opportunity a few years back I wrote down the following list of words to best describe what I was looking for in my next employer: leadership, independence, development, opportunity to learn and grow, feedback, support and balance.

In my time here at Jennison I have come back to this list from time to time and it still holds true.

I feel compelled to write about my experience at Jennison because reviews like below gave me cause for concern when I was considering an offer from Jennison. The reviews greatly conflicted with my personal experience during the interview process and now as an employee I do see both sides, but could not disagree more with the negative sentiments expressed below. I have the best manager that I have ever had and I am so thrilled to be part of my team and an employee of Jennison.

I think that we are going through some needed changes and for some people that it scary and others it’s exciting. We have a new CEO that is very bright, thoughtful and is a true leader – he just needs some time.

Cons

In my mind there are some other changes that I would like to see happen, but instead of just complaining about it to colleagues and online I am opting to be more proactive by expressing my concerns in conjunction with suggested solutions to management that can take action and/or explain another side to me that I may not have considered.

It’s my hope in writing this that it will prompt those who are complaining below to be more productive and do the same OR to find another employer to complain about. Your negativity is exhausting for all of us that are happy and proud to be here.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to address problems with employees who are not performing or who are dragging morale down.

2. "Company Needs Work"

I worked at Jennison Associates full-time

Pros

Good Opportunities, Friendly Employees (Depending upon the Department)

Cons

Lack of Structure; Employees who have worked there for longer are not challenged, even when they are wrong/incorrect; Severe lack of communication between attorneys and other/lower level positions; too many untrained employees left to their own devices without training; lack of cohesion between departments that should be working together; employees insist on not answering emails but using telephone calls/office dropby's instead, which leads to unanswered emails and delayed work

"Gone are the days....."

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to plenty of pros to rave about but these days there is not much to be left to be desired.

Cons

The firm has been on a rapid decline for years. Senior management and their lieutenants do not value the good employees and many have moved on just in the past 5 years alone. Senior management has even turned over which speaks volumes because our CEO resigned early last year. He must have known what was coming. Can't comment on the new CEO but there is a lack of transparency but he does have his work cut out for him. The overall comp is taking a hit because of recent changes to our benefit plan. Successes are not recognized and celebrated. The worst of all is the cesspool environment that has been cultivated from the top to coddle those who don't want to work but collect a check. They're good for that.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see what you are singlehandedly resulting. Youndont value anyone in the firm but yourself and how you come across to your parent company.

4. "Great experience!"

I worked at Jennison Associates full-time

Pros

Good, entrepreneurial company. Top talent throughout. They care about the people.

Cons

Several senior people with long tenure that resist necessary changes. Slow and deliberate can cause some delay in important actions. Changing culture.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to make some tough decisions. Be sensitive to the positives of the culture and what behaviors should be reinforced.

"Unwelcome changes"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teammates and manager are great, though we rarely receive deserved appreciation.

Cons

Superior benefits were the most important factor when I decided to choose Jennison over other job offers, I'm sure most in the company agree. The benefits that most care about are getting downgraded in the coming year. As we're basically getting immediate total comp cuts (medical and sick leave in particular), nobody's happy about those changes, including my teammates and manager. We're worried these are just the beginning of a series of bad changes. Due to the lack of transparency, I can only guess someone is trying to make up the numbers presented to the parent company.

Since the job market is hot out there, maybe I should start updating my LinkedIn profile and be open to opportunities.

Advice to Management

Stability is a key to success in this company.

"Culture change"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability for now but that may change soon.

Cons

The culture is slowly slipping away with changes in upper management.

One of the company's best benefits, premium-free health insurance coverage, is being taken away as a cost-cutting measure. We'll be paying a few hundred dollars a month just like other companies. Employee morale is instantly hit.

Room for career growth is is not available within the organization due to its flat structure, talented employees are not getting promoted. Headcount is going down as another cost-cutting measure. Bonus is also shrinking.

There's a lack of innovative technologies to support business processes so a lot of time is wasted on doing repetitive work.

Advice to Management

Human capital is company's biggest asset, please focus on increasing revenue rather than cutting costs.

"Good compensation, poor atmosphere/leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, bonus, etc...

Cons

You earn it by enduring poor management, blameshifting, blatant and contiuous lies, and all around terrible atmosphere to be in. If you enjoy working woth the bottom of the barrel personalities that see everyone around them as a scapegoat for when they make yet another horrible decision, then this place is for you. For everyone else, the pay does not make up fo the environment you will be thrown into... I stayed long enough to see 47 people, including the CEO, break and say its just not worth it and leave. I finally chose the same after realizing nothing I would do would change or positively impact this cesspool - and I've appreciated my next job *SO* much because of this one .... so perhaps that's a backhanded Pro for this.. who's to say?

Advice to Management

You're not smart, clever, or fooling anyone with what you do. Everyone who works for you hates your guts, and on some level you know this I'm sure. If any of you spent 1/10th the time actually learning your job as you did covering up for your carelessness you'd be amazing.. but you learned early on that no one really cares what you do as long as there's someone to blame for your mistakes - so why bother doing anything right, eh?

8. "Best Company I've Worked At"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, talented people. Amazing learning opportunities. Incredible health and 401k benefits.

Cons

High pressure to get a lot of work done that was less enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining the culture carriers at the firm, people who have been there 10+ years. Ensure they are mentoring and ask them for feedback on how to keep Jennison great.

"Great company with few bad eggs"

Current Employee - AVP-Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - AVP-Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work where people are respected no matter what they do. Very well managed on the money side. CEO is new but making things happen. Very talented money managers

Cons

Support staff shouldn't have an opinion because you will be ousted for speaking your mind, growth is limited due to Senior level management not wanting to train up.

10. "Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company with great benefits.

Cons

Small company culture is disappearing.