Jenny Craig Reviews in Carlsbad, CA | Glassdoor

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 93 reviews)

• Helping people lose weight and change their habits is extremely rewarding (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish upper management knew how he acted (in 40 reviews)

• Not enough busy work, Not much room for growth and pay is poor (in 13 reviews)

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Center Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig (More than a year)

Pros

In this position, you have a lot of room to impact the health of the community you serve. Make sure you have a great team committed to your clients and you all will exceed monthly quotas repeatedly.

Cons

The compensation wasn't consistent enough. Your bonuses were controlled by too many outside factors (i.e. clients coming in for products, consultants selling products, etc.)

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

It seems like you really like this company and that is great to hear. Some of your comments about compensation have recently been addressed through new implementation of compensation structures and ... More

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job
    Opportunity to survive in a messy environment
    Resume bullet points
    Annual bonus

Cons

Management is overpaid and incompetent
    Management know each other from past jobs and take care of each other
    Pay is below market value
    Many positions do work not typically asked of ppl with that job
    HR complaints about management are swept under the rug

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth
    Don't have ppl do multiple jobs for low pay
    Clean up the worthless managers and promote the real talent

Sep 6, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We are sorry to hear that you feel undervalued and do not believe in the competency of our managers. Monty, our CEO, encourages employees at all levels to speak up when there are concerns or ideas ... More

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Cinsultant in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Cinsultant in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Variety of clients. I loved my clients and the people I worked with. PTO time.

Cons

As a consultant we were supposed to have a consultation, go over any problems and get a food order in 15 min. The most important thing to Jenny was sell sell sell. If they don't order their food get rid of them. The program directors will sign up anyone practically. Heartbreaking to get a client in their late eighties who has just spent a fortune on food and to tell them all this is once a month. So now you have a client you have to encourage for a month then knowing the whole time they can't afford any more food. We would always say well there's four weeks of my life I'll never get back again.

Advice to Management

Quit treating a consultant like workhorses they bring in practically 90% of all your income. They hire young people who this is just a step on the road to another job not a career and the people who have been there for a long time get nothing to show that they are appreciated for their employment or good attendance. New people are given all the new clients my people have been there for 10 years struggle. As a consultant I bet you can't find more than 5 to 10 people throughout the whole company that have been there 10 years.

Sep 2, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We agree that clients are great to work with on a weekly basis. Its true that we encourage consultants to share the value of the Jenny Craig program which includes following the menu plan ... More

"Quit due to politics"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Company Store has good snacks....

Cons

- CIO (Abe) is a Man Child takes things to personal
    - IT Management reflects the CIO
    - Unrealistic project time Lines

Advice to Management

Stop the politics games, set realistic project time lines, dont take things personal. Prove worth by the work you do.

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a many schedules you can "pick" from, so you are not stuck working a 9-5 if you don't want to be.

Cons

Where do I start? You are micro-managed to the fullest extent. They will get you in the door by promising you a salary that some of their producers make. Rest-assured, they DO make that salary, but they neglect to tell you that their salary structure is different and grand-fathered in.

This is a terrible place to work. I am not surprised they are failing in sales.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Jenny Craig in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and competitive salary

Cons

Management is horrible! Directors are only concerned about themselves and not team work. No cohesive marketing plans.

"Horrible, untrained management with little help!"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really the only Pro to this company was the few nice coworkers and the potlucks every week. I enjoyed having Saturday's off but needs improvement!

Cons

They say they will train you but never do! The Sales Coordinator job is a joke. The manager for this job doesn't even know HOW to do the job. They fire and rehire way to much and they say "Extensive" training but end up only giving you a day training and throw a packet at you to learn. Be careful with who you talk to and be aware of the training reports. They insist that it is a positive thing and will help you but once again No support. I would never wish this job on anyone. The management should set an example but they come in as they please and gossip way to much! This company needs to get their act together and rehire. The only positive manager there is the hiring manager Heidi. She should be in charge.

Advice to Management

Hire management that knows what they are doing. Enforce extensive training if you plan on having employees who know what they are doing.

"If you are looking for a dead end job, JC is your place!"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Brand actually works.
    Discounts on the food
    Free Curves classes
    Flexibility to go to nearby gym during work hours

Cons

Lack of respect for fellow employees
    Bad pay & benefits
    No employee appreciation..
    A joke of a bonus
    Proud Favoritism
    Horrible HR
    75% of the people that work here are not the "brand".
    They will lie to you and overwork you.
    Everyone there secretly wants to leave..

Advice to Management

Advice to potential employees: Make sure you negotiate your pay upfront. Don't go to HR, they are filled with a bunch of gossipers who will spread your "anonymous" complaint like wild fire. Always remember HR is there to prevent lawsuits not help you.. Don't be ridiculous.

"Would Not Recommend"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Jenny Craig has good work-life balance. There is also very generous PTO accrual for the Home Office.

Cons

I made the mistake of not listening to the glassdoor reviews prior to accepting my position. The people are stuck in their ways and only care about the bottom line - making money. It's not so much about the client but more about how much they buy. Employees are also not encouraged to develop professionally which makes us want to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. To best grow the business you have to be willing to grow your employees.

"An all male executive team is ruining Jenny Craig"

Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig truly wants to make a difference in the lives of the clients. The team is passionate about helping their clients live healthier, happier lives.

Cons

An all male executive team makes it difficult for the organization to do what they need to in order to support the clients whom rely on them. Interesting that as soon as Curves purchased the company, all female Jenny Craig executives were removed.

Advice to Management

Have people in leadership who know how to lead the team, care for employees, understand who the clients are, care about making a difference and who can honor what Jenny created all those years ago.