KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 939 of over 964 reviews

3.3
Jenny Craig CEO David Pastrana
David Pastrana
Pros
  • "Very rewarding, I loved helping people reach their goals and feel good about themselves(in 124 reviews)

• "Able to help clients achieve their weight loss goals(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management was terrible and unfair(in 54 reviews)

• "Center Director a little unorganized(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Jenny Craig and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Aug 19, 2021 - Information Security Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee community and friendly work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Human Resources Team

Thank you so much for your review!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

People don't quit jobs, they quit managers

Sep 9, 2021 - Center Director in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coaching clients, changing lives, building trust and providing outstanding customer service, you get to provide all of that and more, it's very rewarding. A great place for women especially and men to work even in the later part of their career.

Cons

Management. Typically in a tiered management situation, the person on the bottom is to build the business up. This requires support, positive support, team building. It's retail at the end of the day, so you can expect to work 60 + hours a week including week ends and holidays, I worked alone for several years 6 days a week, and my immediate manager was not present. And it's business as usual, you follow the business model, keep up with the constantly changing promotions and maintain operations. They would love it if you could see a client every 20 minutes while you're at it. it's not really a "con" it's just a lot.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a varied work experience at Jenny Craig and the HR team would welcome the opportunity to speak live with you to hear more about your experience. Your prospective on the "pros" of working here indicate to me that you had somewhat of a positive experience. We care about the success of our employees and our clients, and are saddened to hear you felt undervalued. We do send out Exit Interviews to former employees and hope you took the opportunity to respond there. If you did not get one, please contact us.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome!

Sep 27, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible Manager - Outstanding Team! The crew is extremely supportive, caring, and insightful. Going to work was always fun and Jenny Craig is a great place to grow - professionally and personally. People would stop what they were doing just to help you out! The company is passionate about health and wellness and transparent during company-wide meetings.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment!

Human Resources Team

Thanks so much for your five-star review!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay, Nice Company

Jul 25, 2021 - Client Service Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. Good pay. No micromanaging. Very rewarding for those that work hard to make sales calls. No cold-calling. Help people that need to get healthier and/or lose weight. Food is very good and you get a nice discount. You get 2 weeks of free food at beginning, which you can lose weight on program if you are very determined. Has a lot of healthy meals for people to use if not on diet. You can get moved up quickly if you are willing to relocate a different city or region that needs an Assistant Regional Manager.

Cons

If you are not comfortable making calls, then it may not be the right fit for you. If sales get slow, then hours will be cut, so if you put in work, hours shouldn't decrease too much. July, November, and December will usually have less hours/clients because dieting is somewhat seasonal and people typically stop dieting during these months due to vacations/holidays.

Human Resources Team

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review, feedback and advice.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good entry job but competitive hours

Sep 6, 2021 - Health Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

-My team is really great and has treated me better than any of my previous employers. I get the help that I need in regards to any questions and concerns I have. Work culture is great at least in my center! -Discount of foods. I like Jenny Craig's foods and I appreciate the fact I get a discount

Cons

-Although you help people lose weight, it is a sales position at the end of the day and depending on how many hours you work will depend on how much you will get on your pay check at the end of the week. A few co-workers and I ended up getting our quickly hours cut off depending on how many clients come in and buy food. It happens quick and I feel like its hard to recover. - I absolutely hate that the online Jenny Craig market is different from the centers in regards to foods prices and membership offers. As centers, we struggle to sell ourselves to new and returning clients when the online stores has a website and social media to advertise themselves. The only thing we as centers can go off of is leaving voicemails (who checks their voicemails nowadays?) and word of mouth. It also gets confusing when clients think that the website and I work to together when in reality we function as a separate business -Technology needs to be updated. Phones and Computers can get janky and their system isn't user friendly.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and advice. We are listening, and we appreciate your ideas to improve. We are currently working hard to enhance our technology in the centers. This includes faster internet speeds, newer software, and incorporation of new devices to make consultations more efficient.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting, Fast Paced Environment with Growth Opportunity

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Jenny Craig has been an exciting endeveor and chance of pace from your typical company. There seems to be endless amounts of opportunity and they embrace people who have a generalist skillet as it can impact multiple areas. From my experience, only doing the bullet points from the JD will let you get by but not thrive. "It's not my job" is not well received nor should it in a post Covid world. If you work hard and like to challenge yourself, this is the perfect environment to be in.

Cons

I do not have any true cons to share but if I had to pick one, it would be turnover. However, turnover is not always bad as "change" scares people and that allows people to leave and find their happiness as well as opens the door for new people enter the organization and follow the new roadmap.

HR Coordinator

We are so happy to hear that you consider Jenny Craig an exciting place to work. We are committed to promoting and developing employees within and agree that it is important to provide experiences to allow employees to thrive in their roles. Thank you for your review!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

50/50

Aug 25, 2021 - Center Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bonuses and 50% off of food

Cons

high pressure and stress- they put a lot of pressure on you to reach their targets and quota, which can be ridiculously high and discouraging. The manager has multiple duties, such as managing, hiring, scheduling, stocking the freezer, phone consultations, in person consultations, outband calls, confirmation calls and a lot more.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for the feedback and advice. The Center Director role is so important to the organization and the success of our members. We do send out Exit Interviews to former employees and hope you took the opportunity to respond there in more detail. If you did not get one, please contact us.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jenny Craig is a great place to work and grow

May 22, 2021 - Center Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Upper management and Executive team are very nice and open to your opinions - Great training from support positions to consultants to management - Rewarding job helping clients achieve their weight loss goals - Job is close to home and hours as a manager are generally 40-45 hours. Pretty darn good! - Monthly bonus program for Managers and Consultants

Cons

- Pay can be better. Pay should be based on volume size of center and center profitability. - Top centers need a total face lift to make it look more current. - Computer systems are dated. Remove paperwork and do everything on the computer.

Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback, advice, and review. We are thrilled to hear that you see the changes being made to better support the organization, and we recognize that there is always an opportunity improve.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

My half decent time

Oct 7, 2021 - Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved helping customers with goals and Center Director was amazing

Cons

Upper management picked favorites regularly and poor work life balance

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Aug 11, 2021 - Director in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Jenny Craig allows you to align the need to make money and feeling good about the work you are putting out into the world. You really are helping people live longer and healthier.

Cons

New private equity leadership doesn't seem to value the company's legacy. A lot of people have left in the last 12 months a a result of the senior leadership and the direction they are taking Jenny Craig.

Human Resources Team

We are happy to hear that you find your work with Jenny Craig to be rewarding. We are sorry that you have a poor view of management. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner as we would love to hear more details on how we can improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 939 Reviews