Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 44 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Jenny Craig Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we ... More

2. "Good so far"

Current Employee - Center Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Center Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired from outside the Company into a Center Director position. Been here for 1.5 years. We have an incredible group of consultants who help clients lose weight. The program works.

Cons

Wish we were busier in the summer. Not many people want to go on a diet in the summertime.

Advice to Management

We get quite a few clients who ask about organic food. Maybe it's something we should explore.

3. "came back"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left the Company for a couple of years and came back. A lot has happened since I've been gone. New computers in the Centers, the menu/food has been redesigned, they increased our base pay and got us off of the terrible commission program, and they introduced a new service model.

Cons

I don't really have any. The gas wasn't greener. I'm happy to be back.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, we get online sales appointments that are really RTAs. Figure out how to fix this.

4. "Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It might sound "corny," but I feel like I help change people's lives for the better.

Cons

We are busiest on Saturdays and Sundays. It's tough to find good employees who want to work on the weekend.

Advice to Management

Look at offering a gluten free menu. Lots of clients ask for it.

5. "love my job"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

love helping my clients. This is a great part time job for me. It pays decent, I can work on weekends during the morning/afternoon and still enjoy my weekend evenings.

Cons

Listening to some of the long term employees complain about how it used to be.

Advice to Management

Our Center needs new carpet.

6. "good company"

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Austin, MN

Pros

good work and time balance or adjustable office hours.
    managers are cooperative always encouraging the juniors

Cons

no promotion for initial five years with lots of work and client interaction which means long hours of working at client's convenience

Advice to Management

start behaving with your juniors
    they can think about rewarding them as well by in creasing their salary

7. "Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Center Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came in as a Consultant a couple years ago, was able to prove myself, and am now running my own Center. With my clients and my staff, I feel like I'm making a difference every day.

Cons

Some of the people in the corporate office are a little out of touch of what happens in the centers. For example, I'm not sure they understand how difficult it is when we run out of stock of items that are on the menu.

Advice to Management

Maybe try to use humor in our advertising. I think this worked when Kirstie Alley was the spokesperson several years ago.

"JCC"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to help people. There is not better feeling that to know that thanks to your help, your customer improved their health and their life in general.

Cons

Extremely bad management . No consideration at all for their employees. The only important thing for them is money. When the owner was Jenny Craig, there was respect, not only for the customer but specially for the employees. Starting tomorrow, every employee is a Part Time employee, so they won't pay benefits anymore.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be a manager .

9. "Couldn't have done it without me"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Last week, one of my clients hit her goal weight. She was in tears and said "I couldn't have done it without me." Such an awesome feeling.

Cons

I don't really have any ill will toward the Company. Is it perfect? Of course not. However, the Company is taking steps to improve the business by implementing a new service model, increasing our pay rates, and moving out some of the negative people.

Advice to Management

I ould love to get commuter credit reimbursement for taking public transportation to work.

10. "mostly ups"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's nothing like Jenny Craig. I left the Company for a couple of years because I thought an office job would be easier. The office job was easier, but it was boring and predictable. We work very hard, juggling multiple clients in the same day. However, it's very fulfilling to see clients make a transformation in their lives.

Cons

Our computer system is not user friendly. I've figured it out. However, it's sometimes slow, which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Our Center needs a new paint job.