Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 95 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 42 reviews)

• Center director if she comes in (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we ... More

2. "Weight-loss Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals, good food and employee discounts.

Cons

Cold calls to old clients bugging them monthly, low pay, not much room for advancement.

3. "Health & Wellness Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I work in a very supportive environment, the management team have always provided positive and constructive feedback. I appreciate that no matter how busy the center can get, management takes the time to listen and provide training. I consider myself a life-long learner so I do appreciate management providing feedback and tips and strategies for improvement.

Cons

None, I absolutely love my job here

May 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and your engagement at Jenny Craig!

"So far a really good job.."

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The work is rewarding and the people are great. Honestly, all of my coworkers are amazing and friendly. And the supervisors are wonderful. They're supportive and understanding and helpful. It's been a really great atmosphere. Pay is really good. Hard to find jobs that actually pay you for what you do and Jenny Craig does just that. Very reasonable compensation. Realistic sales goals and lots of guidance if not feeling confident with the goals. Great recognition system and great perks! Employees have been there 10+ years and that's something you don't see too often anymore. Encouraging to see that.

Cons

Honestly it can be a bit boring. We're supposed to be in our busiest time right now, but it sure doesn't seem like that to me. Maybe it's just because I come from a job where there was literally a queue of calls coming in and numbers going into the red and I assumed their busy time would be like that. However it's just a steady stream and still down time in between. That might be great for some but it causes a bit of boredom for me. A little scared of what "slow" will look like. But if that's honestly the only complaint I can think of then I feel the company is doing just fine!

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is great. Supportive, helpful, and encouraging. Also very friendly and hands on. No complaints.

Apr 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your great feedback. Don't worry, "slow times" (non diet season) are busy too! Feel free to talk to your HR partner or your supervisor for more details.

"Company headed in the wrong direction"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Changing people's lives. Really having an impact on individuals personal weight loss journey which ebbs into all areas of their life.

Cons

Company culture is non existent. Hours cut to the extreme. Employees having hours cut to cover the managers hours. Having back to back clients in order to fit clients needs into small windows of employees hours. So much so the service model is non existent. Company is ONLY concerned with profitability. Good for shareholders. Tough on employees seeing 45 clients in less than 30 hours.

Advice to Management

Have the decision makers come spend a week in the lives of a consultant.

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, amply paid time off, decent salary for managers

Cons

constant shift in schedule, no two days off back to back, level of expectations & work load beyond reasonable

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your tenure. As you know the first 3-4 months of the year are super-charged with schedules built to meet the client demands. Thank you for being there to support our ... More

"QA Manager"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is friendly. Most people are willing to help others. My department is commit to deliver quality products. The company is seeking ways to reduce cost.

Cons

Poor communication across teams and departments. Frequently, we found that our internal stakeholders didn't like the final products. There were always enhancements and feature change requests at the end of the releases. Thus, additional support and work have to be added.

Advice to Management

Train employees to ask the right questions, think outside of the box and go above and beyond to meet customer's expectations,

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we would encourage your to sit down with your department VP or HRVP to give us specific examples. As an organization it takes people like you to help us break down those ... More

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one pro

Cons

Cut throat uncaring group running the region.

Advice to Management

Sell company to someone who cares about the health and weight loss industry and the people who trust the brand. Stop trying to sell and upsell sugar laden products.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Leadership team is open to new ideas, very nice work spaces, open environment. Great location for corporate office. tons of amenities! Very generous bonus structure, tons of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Human Resources should more closely at flexible work schedule or Fridays

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Some departments need senior mgmt to spend more time in Carlsbad. Personally invite/encourage employees to attend and participate in company activities

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and advice!

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be listened to by management, and provided opportunities to grow as an professional, and as a person. It's a very upbeat and positive environment, focused on changing lives.

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and positive words. I welcome you to stop by HR and let's talk about growth and advancement and your career. While we are not a big organization with management development ... More