Jenny Craig Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 93 reviews)

• Helping people lose weight and change their habits is extremely rewarding (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish upper management knew how he acted (in 40 reviews)

• Not enough busy work, Not much room for growth and pay is poor (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig (More than a year)

Pros

Every day I feel I can impact individuals' health and wellness. Watching people on their weight loss journey is very rewarding and meaningful.

Cons

I enjoy working at Jenny Craig. Just not enough hours in a day to accomplish everything I want to do.

Advice to Management

Please be aware that there is a lot to accomplish in a day.

Sep 2, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your review! Your guidance towards individuals' weight loss journey seems to be a true impact on our client's lives. We're glad to have you on our team!

2. "Center Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clients are awesome and so are coworkers

Cons

Can be ridged with the rules. Commission could be better.

Advice to Management

Improve pay

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good job training. The food program works and is a well balanced, healthy way to loose weight and learn how to keep it off. The client expense is reasonable.

Cons

Currently going through restructuring to become profitable. I was hired as full-time, but our clinic does not have the client base to support 3 full-time consultants so have has my hour cut and my benefit are now in jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Management should honor the hours we were hired for, but come into alignment through attrition and job sharing.

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your review and advice. Great idea on job sharing. We are really trying hard to balance the Consultants hours and are even sharing staff across centers when at all possible. Please be ... More

5. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management was good because they had been with the company for a long time, some had worked their way up from low level positions. The health and sales training is thorough and excellent. I had the tools I needed to be successful in this position. The people I worked with were respectful and easy to get along with. People I worked with were promoted. It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight.

Cons

Technology on site had lots of issues, pay isn't that high, benefits were ok. Sometimes the good leads were handed out unfairly, with better leads going to favorites. They were also short staffed so getting a day off was difficult.

Advice to Management

More fair system for distributing leads.

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback for improvement. We will be sure to share this with the local leadership. I'm sorry to see that you have left as it sounds like you enjoyed your time and experience here ... More

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and clients. Helping clients reach their weight loss goals. Developing wonderful relationships that have lasted years with many of my clients.

Cons

I have worked as a weight loss consultant for JC for 8 years. I have loved my job, clients, and especially my co-workers. We are like a family. I give 150% to this position, am over qualified with a post graduate degree in a related field, and feel I have truly helped my clients. Over the last year motivation has decreased throughout the company, and we feel it in our center as well. Our quotas last year were unattainable, and therefore our income dramatically affected. Over the last several years my income has decreased considerably.....last year I made $8000 less than I did just a few years ago. Now our salaries have been increased as of 1/1/17, due to the minimum wage being raised, but quota bonuses have been decreased dramatically, and quotas are still pretty much out of reach. In addition, our hours are being cut constantly. We are micro managed for how many bars and shakes we sell. We have gone back to paper files, which is an antiquated way of keeping records. Do you ever see a doctor with a paper chart anymore? Our center is still quite busy overall....but the hours being cut is affecting everyone's income. Our salaries are unlivable. We are all considering getting our resumes done, and looking for positions elsewhere. Some more seriously than others. When any of the consultants in our center leave, there will be a serious drop in clients. Many of our clients are there because of us. And they keep coming back because of the relationships they have established with us. JC as a company will feel this.

Advice to Management

I believe you should spend money to make money. Our commercials do not hold a candle to any of the commercials for other weight loss companies. Get a new media company. Get a great new spokesperson. Spend the money to help bring in new people and inspire people with a new advertising campaign.

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

We noticed that you are a current employee and you have a valuable opinion that you want to share. We truly appreciate the 150% that you give to the clients. We recognize the concern you have with ... More

"Center director"

Pros

Helping people get to healthy weight

Cons

Continually pushing the food sales

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback.

"EH"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The environment is awesome depending on which center you work for. Job is generally easy. Some clients care and you care and others do not care and make you mad.

Cons

Upward mobility, very unorganized, company does not care about employees other than the ones who work in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Figure it out

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

We would love to hear your thoughts on how we can better show our appreciation to our field employees. Please reach out to us. Thank you for your commitment to our members.

"No Thanks"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, which is great especially if you're a working parent. Having a positive impact/building relationships with clients.

Cons

This position was only supposed to hold me over until I found something that worked better for me both career/compensation wise because let's face it, Jenny is really not for the professional working woman. Nonetheless, here's my two cents. The company is obviously in a rough position. Without accessing their financials to provide the specifics, because this isn't my first rodeo, it's obvious the company is in trouble financially which explains the raise given to appease their employees only to turn around and cut their hours/bonuses. If you do the math, you'll find that it wasn't a pay raise, but indeed a pay cut as others have mentioned. Again, not my first rodeo--Jenny's investors would like to dump them as a company, and the sooner the better which is why they are trying to appear as profitable as possible. Jenny has no competitive edge when major corporations are partnering with Weight Watchers and providing this service to their employees for FREE--(I'm sure the costs are embedded as part of their salaries), but it's working for them. Let's not even touch on the topic of advertising--in a down market, you should increase your marketing dollars, not decrease them. It's obvious, decrease our hours to 20/week but still want the same level of productivity. Psychologically speaking, that's demotivating the employee. Why would they want to increase your bottom line when you've decreased theirs? I really wanted to give this company a chance, but unfortunately Jenny has shown where their loyalty lies, and it is most certainly not with their employees. Your employees are paying for the irresponsible decisions you've made as an organization. Thanks but no thanks. As another poster mentioned, plenty of us are updating and sending out our resumes. I know retention has been hard on the company-- you can't keep consultants and I can see why. By the way--your clients are not to fond of having to deal with a new consultant every 3 months. Not sure what's in the store for the company's future however, if performance in January is any indication, I'll be surprised if you make it to end of year 2017.

Advice to Management

Read the cons section.

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

We want to acknowledge your review and let you know we are listening to our employees. You are so right that our clients need the consistency of their Consultant. This year we have been focused on ... More

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great Training and coworkers -- love watching clients results great program that produces results

Cons

Payroll Constraints and false promises -- Stick to policy -- was told one thing by regional managers only to learn it was not allowed I personally lost money as a result -- abide by travel policies -- company is very fragile was sold same year.

Advice to Management

Honesty --especially when travel is involved the IRS is watching what you are telling employees.

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

We are glad you had great training and coworkers during your time at Jenny Craig. We apologize for the poor communication. Your feedback is helpful and we have a plan to improve the training of our ... More

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with the clients. Job is fast-paced and the day goes quickly.

Cons

Sometimes unusual shift times, seven days/week.

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! If you have any ideas on how we can improve scheduling please reach out. Thank you for your commitment to our clients.