Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 106 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was more interested in sales than success (in 46 reviews)

• The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we... More

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Program is top doctor-approved in country, it works for me, it is healthy and practical and changes behaviour; I like supporting clients with something I believe in; food is very good and I get it half-price as employee;

Cons

Unfair employee scheduling practices, little positive feedback or respect for goals met, company constantly increases goals to cut back on bonus payments

Advice to Management

You are losing many employees by cutting back their hours so drastically and cutting bonuses

"I know how good I have it"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in retail before this, so love the fact that I don't work evenings past 7, weekends past 1pm. Full time benefits at 30 hours. Get to help people change their lives.

Cons

Honestly, the biggest downer is the negativity of some of the long time employees. They complain about hours being cut, but they're unwilling to work certain shifts. They complain that they're not appreciated, but they cut corners and pretend like their making phone calls (but really aren't). The Market Director says that we have to deal with it because HR won't let her terminate anyone.

Advice to Management

We need to get some new blood in here. We've had a part time position that's been open for three months...we've only gotten one qualified candidate in that time frame. When jobs are open so long, it puts a strain on the rest of us, especially when some of the long term employees aren't flexible (or reasonable).

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the favorable review. Please contact your HR business partner to let them know you are not getting candidates. That's not ok and we need to work more with your recruiter to give them this... More

"Reduced hours, unsteady future"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love helping people change their lives and get healthy!

Cons

Beginning of this yr 2017 they increased everyone's salaries. Yeah! BUT! Then January 2017 they also reduced our hours. Change sched a lot. 30 hrs is FT. They tryto give you below that so then they don't have to pay insurance. My paycheck is about a third of what it once was. Customer srvc not as good because only about 2-3 employees in centers doing same thing. Half the time you are by yourself in the office with phones ringing and clients walking in while your giving a consultation you get interrupted so many times it's hard to give a quality consultation. I can tell clients don't appreciate it.

5. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Mostly part time work only

6. "Center Director"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Jenny Craig. I read some of the posts on this site and was kind of disgusted. I'm not sure what people expect. I think the Company has done a lot of good stuff over the past few years. They've upgraded the food, the training on service is so much better, and they increased our pay last year. Yes, we now have to work Saturdays, but what other business is going to allow you to be off on the highest deposit day? I think some people should get with the program or leave.

Cons

Yes, like any job, there are some annoying things. Sygma deliveries are thrown into the freezer in all different directions, making it difficult to organize the food room. Sonic is a bit annoying.

Advice to Management

We just need to figure out a new creative way to market ourselves. Need something new.

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your words. I will share with the Ops team. I would encourage you to send a picture of your freezer to the Food team if it happens again....they may be able to help you address this!

"A former believer"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weeknights Management will only work until 7 pm at the latest
    2 pm close on weekends
    Flexibility in scheduling
    Non micro management
    Learning business operations
    Learning true customer care

Cons

Staffing
    Pay
    HONESTY

In November of 2016 it was announced that all store level employees would receive raises. However, hourly employees then saw their hours cut by anywhere from 40-70% depending on location. This left many unable to continue as full time employees with a livable wage. In February of ‘17 many Centre Directors were phoned (without prior warning) on a Friday and told their center would no longer carry a CD. The only option was to accept a site supervisor role with a 20k pay cut or regisnation. Many, myself included, have been unable to live off of this massive cut. 20k loss without any kind of prior warning is more than life changing.

Along with the pay cuts cake changes in labor distribution. Site supervisors do 95-100% of the work. All management duties performed by center directors AS WELL as the daily tasks formally delegated to hourly employees now fall all on the site supervisors. The “advice” given by market directors and HR is to find a second job to make ends meet or look for new employment. What kind of loyalty is that? The changes were made under the guise of “profitability.” However, this has been proven untrue. North Castle Equity, who owns Jenny Craig currently, continues to open new JC locations. The massive pay cuts were used as a way to fund these new locations. HR, market directors, and etc will feed you company lines about profit but in reality they are not being 100% honest.

Advice to Management

Restore ALL site supervisors to CD status with FULL back pay for ALL compensation lost. Honesty with your employees is key. Also, stop telling employees their MAY be a pay raise in January of 18 if no such plans exist or if they will not account for the huge loss of income for year 2017.

8. "great people great company"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I so appreciate the company's kindness during our challenging situation with the hurricane. Makes me proud to work here.

Cons

I don't have much negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the advertising. People now know that Jenny still exists

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you and I hope that life is getting back to normal for you, your co-workers, your clients and your family and friends.

9. "changing lives with great people"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've never worked with a more supportive group of people. My co-workers are like family. I get great satisfaction from helping so many people reach their goals.

Cons

You have to be flexible with your schedule. It's not a typical 9-5 job. Weekends and evenings are required.

Advice to Management

hmm. I think we need a new celebrity spokesperson. Someone that will drive people to come to Jenny Craig.

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the advice and the kind review.

10. "twenty years"

Current Employee - Market Director
    Current Employee - Market Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for twenty years, and I love what I do. up until this past year, I felt like the company was losing it's way from what Jenny Craig herself started. However, for the first time in a very long time, the company leaders are talking about doing the things to help a client lose weight rather than selling just selling food. i'm proud of the difference we make and it's good to see the company get back to its roots

Cons

right now, the company has a group of vocal cds and jccs that are very negative. yes, the company has a new labor model and has cut hours. however, most of these people who complain6 weren't here when the cd position actually saw a book of clients because it was so busy. we did it because our program was hot, we had multiple sales tours at one time, and the phone was ringing off the hook. we made it happen because we loved the company and wanted to help as many people as we could. what i see from the people that complain is an inability to manage their time effectively, or they are simply resistant to digging in to get things done. not everyone is like this. however, enough of them exist, and they drive negativity.

Advice to Management

my advice is to stop feeding into the negativity of these people who are resisting change. we have a culture of listening to what's on people's minds. however, it's time to move people off the bus if they can't adapt

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for the words.....and I know there are lots of people reading this thinking the HR wrote this or told you to write it. We didn't. There really are great people who are happy working here... More