Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 110 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• The owner does not do a very good job communicating information to staff or center director (in 34 reviews)

1. "Not bad"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping clients; centre camaraderie; good job for extroverts.

Cons

Can be cliquey. Redundant tasks.

2. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

helping my clients with their lives is so fulfilling. I love the company's new service model. So refreshing that we are getting back to what this business is all about.

Cons

the business is seasonal....super busy in the winter, slow around the holidays

Advice to Management

we need a new marketing approach. the same commercials with client/consultant are old

Dec 11, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review! Our marketing folks are working hard on new approaches and you should see more in 2018!!

3. "Center Director in for the long haul"

Current Employee - Center Director in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Center Director in Phila, PA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love this Company, I love my clients, and I love what we do to help them overcome their challenges. I've been here 15+ years and have seen many ups and down. The current ownership has been generous with giving us large raises last year, despite the fact that the Obama executive order didn't go through. They really didn't have to do this...but did so anyway

Cons

I think some of my peers tend to focus only on the negative and forget all of the good things we have. Some complain that they have to work on Saturdays. However, we close at 3pm. When I was in retail, we were open on Saturdays until 8pm.....Compared to that, our working hours are a gift. These same people complain that they have to see clients because we now have fewer consultants. For me, seeing clients is a privilege. Without them, none of us have jobs.

Advice to Management

I think the best thing that management can do is to figure out a way to market the Program differently. Our commercials are on TV; however, I wonder how many people actually watch TV these days. If we were able to get more UNS, many of the complaints would subside.

Dec 11, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your perspective! We need your views to be contagious and I believe that in 2018 we can make it happen together. I'm excited about some things that our Marketing team... More

"Went from good to bad."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people with all kinds of weight issues and having a solid team. Insurance good. Discount great. Food good. PTO good.

Cons

Got a raise then took it away. Company notoriously doing that over and over. Having to take a break at work.

Advice to Management

Give better pay to college educated people.

Thanks for your review

5. "FSA"

Pros

Great work for this company

Cons

None to really specify really

thanks for your review

6. "Avoid Corporate JC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have fun events like the Haloween and holiday party. Discount on the food.

Cons

The company is deserving of the low score becauase there are not really many pros otherwise. There is no growth opportunties. Nobody listens to the members anymore or looks to innovate out of fear of questioning leadership or creating more work. Leadership wastes a lot of money flying around from coast to coast when they give sad raises that barely keep up with inflation. Did I mention there is a problem of nepotism here at corporate? Yes. Its bad and you can see it in the teams eyes the low morale.

"consultant/inside sales rep"

Former Employee - Registered Dietitian/Consultant
    Former Employee - Registered Dietitian/Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The weight loss counseling was fun and very rewarding, seeing your clients successful with weight loss!

Cons

The sales goals and soliciting calls we were forced to make were not realistic, and we were openly criticized if we didn't say the appropriate protocol. The average consultant only stays a year - high turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep the bonuses but back off a bit as far as those soliciting calls. We are here to ,yes, make money, but also help people lose weight.

Thanks for your review

8. "Helping people achieve goals in a teamwork atmosphere."

Pros

Helping people be healthy, flexibility with hours, teamwork atmosphere, compensation is better than retail, advancement opportunities. You actually learn a lot of skills working here.

Cons

Can be fast paced, so expect to work when you are at work. The better you do, the more you are rewarded with hours and such.

Thanks for your review!

"Center Director"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fulfillment that you get from working with clients and keeping them successful is the most rewarding

Cons

The company does not back there employees or support the needs to many changes to often and you’re not paid enough for the job description in the responsibilities that you take on

Advice to Management

HR and upper management don’t back there center directors they take the word of the smaller employee there’s no job security watch your back if you work for this company

Dec 11, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry that you do not feel supported by management and HR. There must be an experience that you have had that makes you feel this way. I welcome the opportunity to hear from you to discuss. My... More

"Poor Recommendation"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Great clients, fast-paced, diverse work environment

Cons

Poor, unsustainable business model. Cannot meet the needs of their clients due to appointment only rule, due to changing statistical data foot traffic to their storefronts. Everything is done virtually with one person only running several centers responsible for all within a 30 hour maximum weekly demand. Management is kind when numbers are high, shameful and condescending when numbers are low, with zero accountability for their contribution to the issues. Clients are oppressed for no reason, and menu choices are obsolete in the clean eating focused wellness market of today.

Advice to Management

The appointment only mindset isn't working for you at all. Your business is doomed for failure in the 21st century with so many superior alternatives that deliver and consult for a superior and comprehensive quality and price.

Dec 11, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and perspective.