Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 95 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 42 reviews)

• The only person left to do those things is the Center Director (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we ... More

2. "So far a really good job.."

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The work is rewarding and the people are great. Honestly, all of my coworkers are amazing and friendly. And the supervisors are wonderful. They're supportive and understanding and helpful. It's been a really great atmosphere. Pay is really good. Hard to find jobs that actually pay you for what you do and Jenny Craig does just that. Very reasonable compensation. Realistic sales goals and lots of guidance if not feeling confident with the goals. Great recognition system and great perks! Employees have been there 10+ years and that's something you don't see too often anymore. Encouraging to see that.

Cons

Honestly it can be a bit boring. We're supposed to be in our busiest time right now, but it sure doesn't seem like that to me. Maybe it's just because I come from a job where there was literally a queue of calls coming in and numbers going into the red and I assumed their busy time would be like that. However it's just a steady stream and still down time in between. That might be great for some but it causes a bit of boredom for me. A little scared of what "slow" will look like. But if that's honestly the only complaint I can think of then I feel the company is doing just fine!

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is great. Supportive, helpful, and encouraging. Also very friendly and hands on. No complaints.

Apr 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your great feedback. Don't worry, "slow times" (non diet season) are busy too! Feel free to talk to your HR partner or your supervisor for more details.

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be listened to by management, and provided opportunities to grow as an professional, and as a person. It's a very upbeat and positive environment, focused on changing lives.

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and positive words. I welcome you to stop by HR and let's talk about growth and advancement and your career. While we are not a big organization with management development ... More

"Been here 4 years and still love it"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the opportunity to help people and that's personally rewarding. Good company culture and sense of family. Fun company sponsored events to encourage interaction between employees. Two on-site gyms for workouts during lunch and outdoor work space. Supports healthy living. Opportunities for personal development.

Cons

Constantly changing and have to be adaptable. It can be challenging to keep up at times. High expectations.

Advice to Management

Create more cross functional teams to execute on business strategies.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and comments.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Leadership team is open to new ideas, very nice work spaces, open environment. Great location for corporate office. tons of amenities! Very generous bonus structure, tons of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Human Resources should more closely at flexible work schedule or Fridays

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Some departments need senior mgmt to spend more time in Carlsbad. Personally invite/encourage employees to attend and participate in company activities

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and advice!

"Great Environment To Work For"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a few years now and I LOVE it. Hard work is rewarded within this company and does not go unnoticed. We have flexible hours based on your personal needs and it's a great atmosphere to work for. Jenny Craig typically host company events quarterly for their employees and volunteer in the community as well.

Cons

Not enough time in a day to accomplish all the projects and initiatives we have been tasked with in our department.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

You are right..People do work hard and there is never enough time in the day! And, I'm glad to hear you love your role. Thanks for the review.

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fabulous co-workers! Flexible hours, great benefits and pay. Onsite company store, Curves gym, and Starbucks! Management is supportive and cares about your development. Having fun is encouraged. Dedicated Fun Committee that is responsible for coordinating many fun activities throughout the year. The Halloween festivities and Holiday party are extraordinary!

Cons

The commute is too far.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your commitment to the success of our clients. Happy to hear you're having fun at work! The Fun Committee really works hard at building culture. Feel free to stop by and ... More

9. "A lot of great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to have a college degree you to have a career at Jenny Craig.Everyone here supports one another in advancing in this company. Working here is not just a job, it's having a career that you love where you feel supported and can support others in becoming successful.

Cons

Our software can be initially hard to grasp.

Advice to Management

Management it great! There are always there to guide and support their employees. They care about your needs and your wants to move forward in the company.

"QA Manager"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is friendly. Most people are willing to help others. My department is commit to deliver quality products. The company is seeking ways to reduce cost.

Cons

Poor communication across teams and departments. Frequently, we found that our internal stakeholders didn't like the final products. There were always enhancements and feature change requests at the end of the releases. Thus, additional support and work have to be added.

Advice to Management

Train employees to ask the right questions, think outside of the box and go above and beyond to meet customer's expectations,

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we would encourage your to sit down with your department VP or HRVP to give us specific examples. As an organization it takes people like you to help us break down those ... More

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, amply paid time off, decent salary for managers

Cons

constant shift in schedule, no two days off back to back, level of expectations & work load beyond reasonable

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your tenure. As you know the first 3-4 months of the year are super-charged with schedules built to meet the client demands. Thank you for being there to support our ... More