Jenny Craig Program/Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 100 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 43 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 15 reviews)

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the public. Helping people to lose weight and feel good about themselves no matter how they did that week.

Cons

Corporate turning everything into a metric. Feeling stressed if your team wasn't meeting it. Turning people into numbers instead of feelings. I actually gained weight due to the stress!

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to your center directors. Offer more training. Especially when asked for help.

"Good sales job with bonuses and good team environment"

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with in almost all locations I was at.
    Company focuses on empowering and enabling women to work hard and earn good income
    Opportunities to achieve bonuses and prizes based on performance
    Good communication, promotions, and training to keep moving forward

Cons

Most employees are required to work evening and weekend shifts.
    Always pushing to achieve sales quotas and beat prior quotas- but this is a standard in sales jobs!

Mar 6, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your input and review.

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping members to get healthy and change their lives. Encourage, motivative, and support clients to achieve success.

Cons

Pay scale is deplorable. Hard to find good consultants because they practically pay minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Take a look at what the consultants bring to the table and pay them for it. Take a little time to let your hard working consultants know how important they are to the flow of the business with money.

Nov 2, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We are happy to hear that you feel like you make a difference in your role. The consultant pay is very important to us. Our goal is ensure our employees are taken care of and able to help our members ... More

"Program sales/consultant"

Former Employee - Program Sales: Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Program Sales: Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients were wonderful, with the rare exception now and then- and it was rewarding to have them so happy with my help that they would refer their friends and family to me!

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked in my entire life! Backstabbing, commission stealing, extremely jealous, petty coworkers to the point of absurdity. Low pay, no benefits, and although I broke regional sales records, no acknowledgement. The food, while tasty enough- is loaded with preservatives, artificial flavorings and coloring and is extremely overpriced- Nestle also makes Lean Cuisine- and has a line w/o the additives- just buy that and don't fall for the hype that is this disgusting place- Mgmt truly sucks, rude, disrespectful and zero sense of responsible leadership. Please don't work there if you expect commonplace courtesy you'd get working anywhere else-

Advice to Management

There is no excuse for the shoddy way you treat employees. None. You are all about sales, sales, sales. Try rewarding employees for success rates and client satisfaction- your food prices are ridiculous and your offices, cheap and tacky. Nestle has plenty of money- pay your people more, decorate your offices better, and reward the people who deserve it!

Sep 14, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience working at Jenny Craig. We no longer partner with Nestle and have removed a commission structure in favor of a compensation model that supports center teamwork.

"Stress. Stress. Stress."

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting some great people--clients. Helping people reach their goals is very rewarding.

Cons

Low base pay. Commission is pointless unless you're high up on the employment hierarchy and see a lot of clients. Weird hours and split shifts. Unreachable quotas. Local marketing on top of being a consultant, food bagger, food stocker/gatherer, receptionist, and janitor. High stress for getting UNS and RTAs through the door. Lots of phone calls. If your FDA is low even though your weight loss percentage is high, you are reprimanded and bonuses are taken away. No benefits. No paid holidays or time off. The expectation to work (do local marketing) on off days/hours without being paid for it.

WAY too much to do in a 30 hour work week and for the pay. I was there for over a year and received no pay increase.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are people too. They are not robots and have lives. Jenny Craig is a job and should be taken seriously, yes, but it shouldn't be your employees lives. Raise your employees wages. Your employees are the backbone to your business and should be compensated accordingly. Trust me. Your employees will be willing to work harder if you do that.

"Program Consultant"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with clients. I truly enjoyed coaching them, working on their weekly plan, and seeing them hit goals.

Cons

Pay rate for area is low and commission on program is 10%

Advice to Management

More pro-active in community

"Sales"

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience in nutrition, consultations, and sales. Working with people to help them lose weight and achieve a happier self image. Opportunities for monetary bonuses

Cons

Most of the job tasks involve phone calls and emails. Heavy lifting of boxes when food shipments arrive. Weekend and night hours.

8. "Program Consultant"

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Program Consultant in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

A great entry level company to learn customer service skills. Helping men and women achieve weightloss goals.

Cons

Not enough support from home office, comissionbased salaries and not enough training.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be longer and include training days in the center that you will be working in.

"Weight loss consultant"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator and Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator and Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig (More than 5 years)

Pros

The client's.....but beware they no longer exist!!! So bottom line...NO Pro's at Jenny Craig to be honest!!

Cons

Be prepared to make 100's of cold calls daily to harass old client's to come back!
    The cold calling never stops....there will be days where you DO NOT even see client's, one client if you are lucky, more cold calling!!!!!

Advice to Management

Close up shop already!!!!

"They sure do change lives"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The clients and helping others is the only good thing about Jenny Craig

Cons

The pay the program directors the managers and most of all human resource

Advice to Management

Get rid of Jenny Craig the employee's and the food too old school