Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 106 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy (in 16 reviews)

"A former believer"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weeknights Management will only work until 7 pm at the latest
    2 pm close on weekends
    Flexibility in scheduling
    Non micro management
    Learning business operations
    Learning true customer care

Cons

Staffing
    Pay
    HONESTY

In November of 2016 it was announced that all store level employees would receive raises. However, hourly employees then saw their hours cut by anywhere from 40-70% depending on location. This left many unable to continue as full time employees with a livable wage. In February of ‘17 many Centre Directors were phoned (without prior warning) on a Friday and told their center would no longer carry a CD. The only option was to accept a site supervisor role with a 20k pay cut or regisnation. Many, myself included, have been unable to live off of this massive cut. 20k loss without any kind of prior warning is more than life changing.

Along with the pay cuts cake changes in labor distribution. Site supervisors do 95-100% of the work. All management duties performed by center directors AS WELL as the daily tasks formally delegated to hourly employees now fall all on the site supervisors. The “advice” given by market directors and HR is to find a second job to make ends meet or look for new employment. What kind of loyalty is that? The changes were made under the guise of “profitability.” However, this has been proven untrue. North Castle Equity, who owns Jenny Craig currently, continues to open new JC locations. The massive pay cuts were used as a way to fund these new locations. HR, market directors, and etc will feed you company lines about profit but in reality they are not being 100% honest.

Advice to Management

Restore ALL site supervisors to CD status with FULL back pay for ALL compensation lost. Honesty with your employees is key. Also, stop telling employees their MAY be a pay raise in January of 18 if no such plans exist or if they will not account for the huge loss of income for year 2017.

"JCC"

Former Employee - JCC in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - JCC in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved my clients and helping them reach their goals.

Cons

Company doesn't care about clients, it was all about making quota, calling pst clients who hadn't been in for YEARS to try and pursuade them to come back in by giving a little discount off the food they were required to purchase. Pushing processed food onto people instead of teaching them how to eat properly on their on. I've worked for another weight loss company since then that teaches how to eat your own food and lose weight since then and clients were guaranteed to lose more than half a pound to a pound a week. As JC started declining, they also cut hours so they didn't have to offer insurance. I would NEVER recommend working for this company and I was there for 11 years.... smh stupid me, but the clients were important to me.

Advice to Management

Stop taking the side of the upper management... you all know that this company is going down!

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Because you were here 10 years, you must know our program works and your role was to teach people how to change their lives. We did not cut hours to cut insurance...this is just not accurate. This... More

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To help people transform their lives by their weight loss journey. Seeing them experience more self confidence. Live healthier lives. Enjoy being more active. Be happier in themselves that translates to being happier in relationships , from family to friends to career.

Cons

The first nine years very rewarding. I thought I would work past retirement. About a year ago the company implemented new guidelines for the employees. It puts less emphasis on great caring customer service for each client. As an employee you never know from day to day if you will have the hours you need. Your day could start off with 15 clients, however if the call to reschedule another day or cancel. Your client base for the day could go down by as much as 1/2. You would either be sent home or asked to take as much as a 3 or 4 hour unpaid break in the middle of the day. Stressful work environment for the Managers as well as each employee.

"Weight loss consultant for over 10 years"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Providing clients with the tools to succeed on their weight loss journey is very rewarding. At this point there are no other "Pros" left in this once marvelous company!

Cons

North Castle Partners is driving our company into oblivion! Total disregard for employees is evidenced by their decision to cut staff from full time to part time status. We have lost our medical benefits, our PTO & paid holidays. We work a business model that is precisely designed to demoralize and dehumanize the core of this company. Market Directors are the epitome of laziness and intimidation. At some point legal action will be taken against this company. Center Directors falsify the schedule they work...the consultants lose hours to support the "false" hours reported! We are micromanaged from afar because, God forbid, a Market Director never actually visits the centers! What do they do????? Now we are going to have a multi day training and certification that is mandatory for all. Pass or lose your job! This is laughable! Since our hours have been reduced, many of us have had to take on a second job. I suppose we should bail on that employer just in case Jenny Craig's new training is the second coming of Christ! There will be no second coming, folks! The expression "It's not over until the fat lady sings" takes on a whole new meaning! Karma is paying you a visit!

Advice to Management

Take a close look! Millions spent on advertising that doesn't work. Market Directors that do nothing but send repetitive emails...who oversees these people??? Center Directors who bash the company and do nothing to actually improve the business. I believe the email sending Market Directors are responsible for these people! Do you see a pattern?
    Talk to your consultants in confidence. You may just learn what is really going on! The APH metric will only work if your Center Directors and Market Directors are expected to personally contribute to the result...see clients, make phone calls...get down to business!

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I would strongly recommend that you reach out to your HR Business partner or the Employee Hotline so that you can give us specifics and we can have interactive communication with you. We want to... More

"Center director"

Former Employee - Center Director
    Former Employee - Center Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great staff

Cons

You are underpaid and undervalued by the company. For a company who preaches wellness to their clients they do not practice that with their employees

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees better, practice what you preach

"No growth"

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Changing lives/ clients interaction

Cons

Company does not care about there employees

Advice to Management

Treat your secret source as gold

"Health and Wellness Consultant"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love for all my clients and satisfaction when they reach goal.

Cons

Micromanage , cutting consultants hours and thus our paychecks, leaving us alone in the center to save money. Absolutely no appreciation for all we do.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your consultants. We are the ones doing all the work. The CDS who do nothing do nothing do not get their hours cUT.

Oct 4, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I would encourage you to talk to your Market Director about the concerns you are raising about your CD.... if we have someone who is not contributing the MD needs to know. Since they are often... More

"JCC"

Current Employee - JCC in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - JCC in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for the company 12 years .A very rewarding experience helping people . I've met extraordinary people . I love the plan.

Cons

I was full time until 2 months ago when they cut hours and benefits. The company doesn't care about employees loyalty. It hurts to see that we are just a number.

Advice to Management

Take care of your good employees, those like me , who help Jenny Craig to be respected by the customers. Remember that the customers not only come for the food, they come for the consultants .

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Our clients come to us for our consultants, I completely agree with you. Thanks for your review on the pros and please be patient and stick it through as we need positive, engaged employees who can... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are wonderful, and helping them be their best is so rewarding.

Cons

Hours of Consultants at the Centers are being cut drastically. This is bad customer service.

Advice to Management

Your APH formula is too severe, you are losing clients...and employees.

"Consultant Stay away save yourself. Seriously RUN!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being able to help people achieve their weight loss goals. Transforming lives literally. Changing behaviors.
    The people we work with are amazing

Cons

It's like working in a sweat shop. 12-13 clients in 3-4 hours. There is no time for motivation talk. Or creating a plan. Clients are too loyal. We are asked to create relationships with people. And we really do connect. They don't want to be passed around. Yet they are.
    New company wide policy changes for payroll percentage is being scrutinized. CD salaries are now incorporated with employees hours. Basically supporting the CD salary which isn't fair.
    Company policy doesn't reflect or have plans for correcting the balance of employees hours being drastically cut. Needs to be employee APH not the center as a whole.

Advice to Management

Take into account the fact that employees build up their client base and CD takes them away. Look at individual employees client average. Revise CD role. Or eliminate their roll entirely.

Jul 10, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm disappointed to read your review and encourage you to have an open conversation with HR or one of our senior leaders to explain your perspective and hear the rationale behind hours for schedules... More