Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy (in 16 reviews)

"bloated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

starbucks on site, decent benefits, company's mission is helping clients lose weight

Cons

Bloated senior management. They are focused on cutting costs but don't do it in their own areas. Poor performing VPs aren't let go...instead, they are given "Consultant" or alternate VP positions and allowed to collect their paychecks without being held accountable. Other VPs fly in from the East Coast, have little experience in their fields, and then take the credit for the employees who are really doing the work. Same thing with some of the Directors....flying in from all over the country, self-promoters who are not held accountable for their performance. It's unbelievable that North Castle allows this to continue.

Advice to Management

You send a message that we need to cut costs to improve profit. You should look in the mirror. So much for Accountability, one of the values that hangs on the walls throughout the building.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review, we are listening and I have had a conversation with our CEO to share your comments. Please know you have an open door to have an interactive dialogue with any of the... More

"Eh..:."

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

You get to be a part of people reaching their personal goals and achieving better health.

Cons

Used to be a great place to work. They took away commission and added a few dollars an hour to the pay BUT now they can call off your shift and change your hours without notice. Not great when you count on your paycheck for survival.

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we are working with the Center Directors and Market Directors to ensure staffing is done appropriately. These summer months are when we are slow (as you know) and we have... More

"Unbelievable"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, clients and relationships built

Cons

Center directors who are in the center less than the part time employees but account for 40 hours of the payroll. Who show on the gandt that they are in the center 8-5 but show up at 10 and are gone by 2 or 3. Access rmaul from home to make MD think they are working. Taking "PTO" when everyone knows there is no way they have any left. Bringing their children into the center while working and asking consultants to babysit while they jump on their weekly phone meeting with DM. Pushing their responsibilities off on their consultants under the umbrella of team work. Using the cash drawer as their own petty cash. Taking selfies and constantly being either on Facebook or personal cellphone. Using company materials for personal use. Being proud of making all subordinates cry at one point or another and bragging about it or if not liking someone making them miserable until they quit. Making inappropriate comments. Taking credit for others accomplishments. Just to name a few things...

Advice to Management

Be more aware of who you have "leading" your centers.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I would really like to ask you to reach out to your HR Partner to share more details. The actions you have described are not appropriate and if you will follow up with us... More

"Consultant"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients work towards a healthier lifestyle and celebrating their successes

Cons

After 15 plus years losing all benefits, (health, retirement, sick pay, holiday pay etc...) Hours reduced to 3- 4 hours a day and schedule changes without notice, and still trying to accommodate the clients is very frustrating.

Advice to Management

The inconsistency of center hours and consultants being available is not servicing our clients. Most want same consultant weekly and no surprises of when we close week to week.

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and advice.

"Health Coach/Consultant"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment for people who love to help others change their lives and celebrate successes.

Cons

Upper management does not have proper safety protocols in place for staff who work in the weight loss centers. "There is safety in numbers" Many times just one person works in the center. Employees have voiced their concerns about being alone with clients (one on one) and about suspicious walk-ins. Staff should never feel unsafe while working.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Please contact your Market Director or HR regarding specific safety concerns. We have protocols to assist centers that have concerns.

"Center Director"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Helping members lose weight and educate on how to create healthy relationship with food.

Cons

Terrible schedule, no work -life balance.

Advice to Management

Create atmosphere where employees will have a motivation and energy to come to work by giving reasonable schedule.

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the public. Helping people to lose weight and feel good about themselves no matter how they did that week.

Cons

Corporate turning everything into a metric. Feeling stressed if your team wasn't meeting it. Turning people into numbers instead of feelings. I actually gained weight due to the stress!

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to your center directors. Offer more training. Especially when asked for help.

Jul 14, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Accountability is a Company Value. We have to hold ourselves accountable to ensure that we are meeting our business objectives, just as we help hold our clients accountable to their weight loss... More

"JCC"

Current Employee - Product Consultant
    Current Employee - Product Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping People reach there Goals. I work at a great centre with awesome Coworkers and Manager.

Cons

A lot of changes with schedule. Phone ringing off hook and people coming in we can't help because nobody around to help. The new pilot they are runnning is horrible for older clients. They tell you it's your skill that gets them on full menu when reality it's the type of client your seeing. I've been here 13 years and it's the first time I can say I am only there for the love of my coworkers and manager. Consulting used to be so much easier now all I worry about is the Blue Basket Report thrown in my face.

Advice to Management

I understand about saving money where you can but we need more help. Think about hiring receptionist to answer phones help people when walking in. We unfortunately are telling clients if not doing full menu we can't help them. They may spend 800 month but don't buy snacks makes them Uncompliant. Upper management tells us we need to train better for blue basket scores and they themselves don't know how to even schedule a appointment😡 FYI clients are noticing the decline in customer service.

May 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your tenure and your input is valuable. The receptionist idea is an interesting one (similar to the CSCs we had in years past) and I will share this idea the Operations leadership team... More

"What would Jenny Craig herself think?"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Positive effect on people's lives, interpersonal relationship building with clients and peers, no extremely late hours, Sundays off-for now.

Cons

Current changes to staffing expectations have made it difficult to maintain our high level of customer service our clients have come to expect from us. Full time hours are barely at 30 weekly and part time get 20 on a good week, while Center Directors have been transitioned into back into a Program Director" mode", all the while working full and half shifts alone, as do some full time consultants. Morale has been effected by these changes.

Advice to Management

None. Upper management has no control over this as these guidelines are coming from the top.

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Q1 of this year was an important quarter for the teams and ensuring that we were staffing properly. The flexibility of our clients dictates our store schedules. The operations team has needed to... More

"Misleading"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's pretty easy work and the pay for part time help is decent. They act nice to your face. You're helping people lose weight.

Cons

They will use you. The company is out for itself, they don't care much about their employees but they will trick you into thinking they do. They also put people in charge of center's who have no business being managers. Also many clients don't actually care to listen.

Advice to Management

Do more research into to you are putting in charge. Pay more attention. Also calling the same old customers over and over again is terrible customer service.

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

We have an interview process for staff and managers that is meant to give both the interviewers and the candidates the opportunity to get to know each other and the role. Admittedly, we don't always... More