Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 100 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 43 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we ... More

"helping clients was great"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like what Jenny Craig stands for. The Company is focused on helping people lose weight and change their lives. I worked there for three years and loved helping my clients. The company's made a lot of changes the past couple of years. They increased the base pay of all of their Consultants, and I know that most of the Center Directors got increases, too. They've also upped their game with their training recently.

Cons

I really don't have a lot of complaints. The only reason I left was because I moved to a new city with my family.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the clients and training the employees on how best to provide service. It really makes a difference when the Consultants feel valued.

3. "rewarding"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the best weight loss program on the market. No better feeling than hearing a client share that they couldn't have done it without me. Base pay is much improved. 50% off our meals.

Cons

the computer system is slow.

Advice to Management

more advertising

Jun 8, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the good review and the advice! (I agree with you on our computers and our IT team is working hard to improve the center connectivity.)

"So far a really good job.."

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The work is rewarding and the people are great. Honestly, all of my coworkers are amazing and friendly. And the supervisors are wonderful. They're supportive and understanding and helpful. It's been a really great atmosphere. Pay is really good. Hard to find jobs that actually pay you for what you do and Jenny Craig does just that. Very reasonable compensation. Realistic sales goals and lots of guidance if not feeling confident with the goals. Great recognition system and great perks! Employees have been there 10+ years and that's something you don't see too often anymore. Encouraging to see that.

Cons

Honestly it can be a bit boring. We're supposed to be in our busiest time right now, but it sure doesn't seem like that to me. Maybe it's just because I come from a job where there was literally a queue of calls coming in and numbers going into the red and I assumed their busy time would be like that. However it's just a steady stream and still down time in between. That might be great for some but it causes a bit of boredom for me. A little scared of what "slow" will look like. But if that's honestly the only complaint I can think of then I feel the company is doing just fine!

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is great. Supportive, helpful, and encouraging. Also very friendly and hands on. No complaints.

Apr 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your great feedback. Don't worry, "slow times" (non diet season) are busy too! Feel free to talk to your HR partner or your supervisor for more details.

"Great Environment To Work For"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a few years now and I LOVE it. Hard work is rewarded within this company and does not go unnoticed. We have flexible hours based on your personal needs and it's a great atmosphere to work for. Jenny Craig typically host company events quarterly for their employees and volunteer in the community as well.

Cons

Not enough time in a day to accomplish all the projects and initiatives we have been tasked with in our department.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

You are right..People do work hard and there is never enough time in the day! And, I'm glad to hear you love your role. Thanks for the review.

6. "Not All About Weight Loss"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Team environment from the jump. Growth opportunities constantly if you want them and work for them. Educational. Get to talk and interact with people from all places and walks of life

Cons

Some times you have to work holidays like 4th of July or Memorial day. Not all client interaction is great, but that comes with any job

"Good sales job with bonuses and good team environment"

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with in almost all locations I was at.
    Company focuses on empowering and enabling women to work hard and earn good income
    Opportunities to achieve bonuses and prizes based on performance
    Good communication, promotions, and training to keep moving forward

Cons

Most employees are required to work evening and weekend shifts.
    Always pushing to achieve sales quotas and beat prior quotas- but this is a standard in sales jobs!

Mar 6, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your input and review.

"Clerk"

Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, fun, weight loss, relationships

Cons

Failure in weight loss, lots of hours

Advice to Management

Give more vacation time.

Mar 2, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and comments.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good job training. The food program works and is a well balanced, healthy way to loose weight and learn how to keep it off. The client expense is reasonable.

Cons

Currently going through restructuring to become profitable. I was hired as full-time, but our clinic does not have the client base to support 3 full-time consultants so have has my hour cut and my benefit are now in jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Management should honor the hours we were hired for, but come into alignment through attrition and job sharing.

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your review and advice. Great idea on job sharing. We are really trying hard to balance the Consultants hours and are even sharing staff across centers when at all possible. Please be ... More

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great Training and coworkers -- love watching clients results great program that produces results

Cons

Payroll Constraints and false promises -- Stick to policy -- was told one thing by regional managers only to learn it was not allowed I personally lost money as a result -- abide by travel policies -- company is very fragile was sold same year.

Advice to Management

Honesty --especially when travel is involved the IRS is watching what you are telling employees.

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

We are glad you had great training and coworkers during your time at Jenny Craig. We apologize for the poor communication. Your feedback is helpful and we have a plan to improve the training of our ... More