Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma
Monty Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inside Sale Representative (ISR) formally knows as Program Director"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig (home office / sales floor) is a company that believes in and invests in their employees. It is a top priority that employees are HAPPY and the work environment reflects that. Opportunities are endless and growth is encouraged. Coworkers are friendly and all levels of management are kind and warm. People work together and are always willing to help, but the vibe of the sales floor is truly "happy". Supervisors are placed in the center of the sales floor, so they are constantly accessible and willing to help. And! You have access to the gym, curves gym and Jenny Craig store!)

Cons

The sales ebb and flow so there are times of the year when days feel long and frustrating. The commission structure is designed to help paychecks stay consistent throughout the year Part of the job is making outbound calls to "warm leads" and to follow up with no-sales ... its my least favorite part of the job, but its not terrible and management's expectations are realistic. The call center is open 5am-8am, so you might get stuck with an open or closing shift and you WILL have to work on one weekend day (everyone does, even supervisors) and on some holidays. Cubicles are small, but can be decorated any way you want.

Jenny Craig Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to hear of your experience. The management team and HR have been making changes to continuously improve the pay structure and incentives for the ISR team so we... More

"Wonderful experience, great potential with some growing pains as it has grown exponentially in the past 5 to 7 years."

Current Employee - Centre Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Centre Director in Boston, MA

Pros

If you are ambitious then this is the place to be. You can move up quickly here. The oppurtunity for making money is exactly related as to how hard you work.

Cons

The benefits are really poor. Pay is also not what it should be. It seems to be a company that has moved ahead in many areas, but stuck twenty years behind in other areas like compensation and benefits.

Advice to Management

Change the pay structure! Make everyone have drug and cori checks before offering employment. This will bring a higher caliber employee.

"It was wonderful!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Texarkana, TX

Pros

The people you work with are great and the customers are great. It is a fantastic work enviroment and the consultants really care.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that the salary could be a little higher, but it is easy fun work and I can't complain.

4. "Hard work gets rewarded"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MO

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, Owner are amazing! Training is great! Ability to control your own pay check and help change lives, what more could a person want!

Cons

Retail hours and phone time.

Advice to Management

Remember why your doing your job. Clients come first.

5. "Life changing for the better"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment

Exceptional staff

Amazing motivation from all people working there

Cons

Open on the weekends

Staff of 5 has to manage being open all week and it leaves little room for taking off and having vacation or free time

6. "life changing job"

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great team
    -flexible hours
    - meet amazing people

Cons

- working on holidays
    - not much

Advice to Management

give employees more holidays.

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals.

Cons

Advancement difficult due to small organization.

8. "Amazing Opportunity"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I get to work with day in and day out. You cannot find a more supportive team whose goals are genuine and true nature is to help their clients get happier and healthier. I love what we do and stand for. I have learned so much from the amazing leaders/management I have worked with, opportunities are endless. Your success is in your hands with this Company and you are truly appreciated for all you do.

Cons

When you love what you do, it is sometimes difficult to step away from work and disconnect.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We appreciate what you do and the changes you are implementing are all moving us in the right direction. I like that you are listening to your clients and employees and making the changes necessary for us to reach out to more people that need our support.

"Centre Director"

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Jenny Craig

"Things are moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are apart of the compensation pilot and I'm making more money than ever before. The company is finally paying us to actually help people, what a concept!

Cons

Offers seem to change weekly and it's hard to keep updated on all the new information.

Advice to Management

My Center Director is great and we have a new Market Director that seems to care about us and is fun. In the past, we've had crappy management and much turnover in upper management. I'm hoping this one will stick around, she is helping us make money and help clients.