Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated June 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 44 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 15 reviews)

1. "mostly ups"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's nothing like Jenny Craig. I left the Company for a couple of years because I thought an office job would be easier. The office job was easier, but it was boring and predictable. We work very hard, juggling multiple clients in the same day. However, it's very fulfilling to see clients make a transformation in their lives.

Cons

Our computer system is not user friendly. I've figured it out. However, it's sometimes slow, which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Our Center needs a new paint job.

"helping clients was great"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like what Jenny Craig stands for. The Company is focused on helping people lose weight and change their lives. I worked there for three years and loved helping my clients. The company's made a lot of changes the past couple of years. They increased the base pay of all of their Consultants, and I know that most of the Center Directors got increases, too. They've also upped their game with their training recently.

Cons

I really don't have a lot of complaints. The only reason I left was because I moved to a new city with my family.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the clients and training the employees on how best to provide service. It really makes a difference when the Consultants feel valued.

3. "changing lives"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I get to help clients transform their lives. Totally rewarding experience.

Cons

We're being asked to be more flexible with our schedules compared to the past.

Advice to Management

Love new the service training. so good that we're getting back to our roots.

Jun 8, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the comments and good review! I'm happy to hear the client interaction is rewarding and you enjoyed the training!

4. "rewarding"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the best weight loss program on the market. No better feeling than hearing a client share that they couldn't have done it without me. Base pay is much improved. 50% off our meals.

Cons

the computer system is slow.

Advice to Management

more advertising

Jun 8, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the good review and the advice! (I agree with you on our computers and our IT team is working hard to improve the center connectivity.)

5. "Weight loss consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping clients lose weight. Every day, I feel like I'm really making a difference. I've become close friends with my co-workers. A very supportive environment. Full time benefits at 30 hours (401k, pto, medical).

Cons

During the summer months, our hours get cut back because the business slows down. However, I've been able to pick up hours at some other locations in the area. I used to work in retail, so this is nothing new to me.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the $2 pay raise this year. Would love another one next year :)

Jun 8, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and the kind words. I'm also happy to hear you are picking up hours at other locations...this flexibility has been helpful to the centers, clients and staff!

6. "great part time job"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

By looking at some of the reviews on this site, you'd think this is a horrible place to work. Couldn't be further from the truth. I work 12-15 hours per week. They pay me $16.50, up about 2 bucks from last year. I get to help clients with changes in their life...love my clients. My co-workers are great. Very supportive environment.

Cons

Sometimes upsetting when clients quit. I take it personally. I just have to remind myself that losing weight is an emotional process for some people.

Advice to Management

Don't put items that we know will be out of stock on the menu.

7. "I feel lucky to work here"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I (along with all of my co-workers got a $2.50 per hour) pay raise at the beginning of the year. A friend of mine is a Center Director and got a $10000 pay raise at the beginning of the year. I'm considered full time as a 30-hour per week employee. The company has rolled out a new service training that focuses on helping our clients lose weight. we have great clients.

Cons

I have to work some nights until 7pm and Saturday morning/afternoon. however, considering my former job working in a restaurant, these are easy hours. sometimes, it's a bit stressful...but what job isn't stressful? Some people's hours have been cut. However, they won't work on the weekends when we need them, so I have no sympathy.

Advice to Management

Weed out some of the bad apples who can't deal with the changes.

"Weight-loss Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals, good food and employee discounts.

Cons

Cold calls to old clients bugging them monthly, low pay, not much room for advancement.

9. "Health & Wellness Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I work in a very supportive environment, the management team have always provided positive and constructive feedback. I appreciate that no matter how busy the center can get, management takes the time to listen and provide training. I consider myself a life-long learner so I do appreciate management providing feedback and tips and strategies for improvement.

Cons

None, I absolutely love my job here

May 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and your engagement at Jenny Craig!

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Program Consultant and Center Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the public. Helping people to lose weight and feel good about themselves no matter how they did that week.

Cons

Corporate turning everything into a metric. Feeling stressed if your team wasn't meeting it. Turning people into numbers instead of feelings. I actually gained weight due to the stress!

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to your center directors. Offer more training. Especially when asked for help.