Jenny Craig Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated March 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 95 reviews)

• i can't even give a pro other than the fact that I was able to help people change their lives in a positive way (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish upper management knew how he acted (in 41 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 14 reviews)

"Been here 4 years and still love it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the opportunity to help people and that's personally rewarding. Good company culture and sense of family. Fun company sponsored events to encourage interaction between employees. Two on-site gyms for workouts during lunch and outdoor work space. Supports healthy living. Opportunities for personal development.

Cons

Constantly changing and have to be adaptable. It can be challenging to keep up at times. High expectations.

Advice to Management

Create more cross functional teams to execute on business strategies.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and comments.

"Centre Director"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, client interaction, changing lives.

Cons

Micro managing from upper management. Unrealistic expectations with staffing.

Advice to Management

Work in the field with consultants to understand actual client interaction.

"Not what you think it is"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people, building relationships, health benefits,

Cons

Cold calling daily, no guaranteed hours, shady sales tactics, management is often imcompetent

Advice to Management

I found this job on Indeed.com and wish I had seen a review like mine.

Excuse me for being blunt but it's important for you to know that Jenny Craig is on it's last legs so if you can help it don't bother working here unless you are really that desperate for a temporary job that goes nowhere, has no respect for you, or it's members.

Don't be fooled by the appealing pay rate. It's a gimmick. They just raised it because this company overall experiences extremely high turnover (consultants AND managers leave at a rate that’s unheard of) and they recently raised it to lure in applicants who are motivated by that number. You will not make a decent income because in reality, your hours of "full time" or "part time" are not guaranteed, even if you were hired as such. In other words, your hours depend on how much food you sell. If you have a 4-hour shift, for example, and it's booked full with clients you should be able to work it right? Wrong. If your scheduled clients are known to spend vast amounts of money, only then can you go to work. I’m not kidding. If your clients do not spend up to a certain amount of money, you will be sent home early or asked not to come in because the company cannot afford to pay you for those 4 hours. So what they're doing is pinching every penny they can from their clients, and from their employees.

I can go on about the poor management in center too but that however is simply a reflection on the company's attempt to quickly fill positions under desperate circumstances. My manager happened to lack substantial leadership qualities and professionalism and it caused a poor work environment.

As a consultant, you will be required to make an outrageous number of sales calls per day. This is in addition to fulfilling your role as a consultant while taking care of all the responsibilities of a receptionist, and manager at times. By the way, the receptionist positions have all been extinguished to help the company save more money. See a theme here? In short, the consultants do way too much work and don’t get half the praise, respect, or compensation they deserve. The huge to-do list really wouldn't be so bad if they let their employees work some overtime to get it done or even just a full shift. But why would over-time be possible if a company can’t even afford to employ a front desk person to maybe greet everyone that walks in? It’s embarrassing to say the least, and sad customer service for our members.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

It is unfortunate that this position was not what you expected. We would encourage any job seeker reading this review to watch the video on the Jenny Craig Glassdoor home page, as it does a nice job ... More

"Former CSC"

Former Employee - CSC in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - CSC in Garden City, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with and the customers(all are great, including the people that let me go, it was a business decision, I completely understand)

Cons

after 10+ years was let go at 8am on a Saturday(I only worked Saturdays) with a letter that wasn't physically signed by any human resource personal, and a check for my hours accrued. Seemed like a cookie cutter letter, that my name an position was pasted into. After all my time there, thought I deserved something less robotic.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better, even when your firing them(I will stress that my manager and market director treated me with the upmost courteous and professionalism in my firing, and made the process as painless as they could) But corporate, maybe not have me come in at 7am on a Saturday after a 50+ hour work week prior at my other places of employment, to just give me my walking papers! I guess loyalty doesn't mean much to this company.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. The recent organization structure changes have impacted a handful of employees and I'm sorry for the experience you had. I'm glad to hear you say that your local ... More

"Consultant"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There are not too many here.

Cons

There are a lot to mention.

Advice to Management

Reward your hard working employees and recognize them.

7. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Time is a bit more

"No employee loyalty"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The clients are wonderful. It is a joy to see them living a healthier and fuller life. I feel honored to be a part of that journey.

Cons

Understaffed. Drastic salary cuts. Unrealistic expectations. Working every weekend. Some manager positions making up to $15,000 less a year than other managers within the company. These pay decreases also come with a huge amount of increased responsibilities,due to understaffing.

Advice to Management

Decreasing staff to the point of inconveniencing members, lowering morale amongst employees and not paying managers fairly or competitively is a recitgor a failing business structure.

Mar 15, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your words on our clients and their weight loss journey. In December, we raised the base pay rates of all Consultants across North America. This was done to retain our Consultants by ... More

"Good sales job with bonuses and good team environment"

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Palatine, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with in almost all locations I was at.
    Company focuses on empowering and enabling women to work hard and earn good income
    Opportunities to achieve bonuses and prizes based on performance
    Good communication, promotions, and training to keep moving forward

Cons

Most employees are required to work evening and weekend shifts.
    Always pushing to achieve sales quotas and beat prior quotas- but this is a standard in sales jobs!

Mar 6, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your input and review.

"Clerk"

Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - XXI Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, fun, weight loss, relationships

Cons

Failure in weight loss, lots of hours

Advice to Management

Give more vacation time.

Mar 2, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and comments.

11. "Center Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clients are awesome and so are coworkers

Cons

Can be ridged with the rules. Commission could be better.

Advice to Management

Improve pay

Feb 28, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your comments. This year we have raised the hourly pay rates in every location across the US and Canada to provide more pay stability.