Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated June 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with incredibly demanding upper management can be a bear (in 44 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 15 reviews)

"Centre Director"

Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The relationships that are made with your team and the clients are positive and life changing.

Cons

Bonus compensation reduced to such a minimum that there is no incentive to work harder to reach monthly quotas. It is required to work weekends and overtime when necessary without pay. Employee review's and raises are not consistent and I personally had to wait two (2) years for a review and pay increase. The upper management team has changed many times over. The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy. If you are the educated and experienced, you will be left hanging if your not with in the rankings of the people who have the power to promote. They will hire someone less experienced that does not possess the expertise and capabilities to efficiently support the Centre Directors.

Advice to Management

Communicate and be forthright with the underlings who work very hard to produce your bottom line. The company mission statement is invalid and untrue. When you continue to "Slice and Dice" your ideas and re-create the wheel, it's a reflection that what your trying to "Change" creates frustration within the Employee work wall. Thus, you wind up losing your highest achievers.

"So far a really good job.."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The work is rewarding and the people are great. Honestly, all of my coworkers are amazing and friendly. And the supervisors are wonderful. They're supportive and understanding and helpful. It's been a really great atmosphere. Pay is really good. Hard to find jobs that actually pay you for what you do and Jenny Craig does just that. Very reasonable compensation. Realistic sales goals and lots of guidance if not feeling confident with the goals. Great recognition system and great perks! Employees have been there 10+ years and that's something you don't see too often anymore. Encouraging to see that.

Cons

Honestly it can be a bit boring. We're supposed to be in our busiest time right now, but it sure doesn't seem like that to me. Maybe it's just because I come from a job where there was literally a queue of calls coming in and numbers going into the red and I assumed their busy time would be like that. However it's just a steady stream and still down time in between. That might be great for some but it causes a bit of boredom for me. A little scared of what "slow" will look like. But if that's honestly the only complaint I can think of then I feel the company is doing just fine!

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is great. Supportive, helpful, and encouraging. Also very friendly and hands on. No complaints.

Apr 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your great feedback. Don't worry, "slow times" (non diet season) are busy too! Feel free to talk to your HR partner or your supervisor for more details.

"Company headed in the wrong direction"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Changing people's lives. Really having an impact on individuals personal weight loss journey which ebbs into all areas of their life.

Cons

Company culture is non existent. Hours cut to the extreme. Employees having hours cut to cover the managers hours. Having back to back clients in order to fit clients needs into small windows of employees hours. So much so the service model is non existent. Company is ONLY concerned with profitability. Good for shareholders. Tough on employees seeing 45 clients in less than 30 hours.

Advice to Management

Have the decision makers come spend a week in the lives of a consultant.

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, amply paid time off, decent salary for managers

Cons

constant shift in schedule, no two days off back to back, level of expectations & work load beyond reasonable

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your tenure. As you know the first 3-4 months of the year are super-charged with schedules built to meet the client demands. Thank you for being there to support our ... More

"QA Manager"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is friendly. Most people are willing to help others. My department is commit to deliver quality products. The company is seeking ways to reduce cost.

Cons

Poor communication across teams and departments. Frequently, we found that our internal stakeholders didn't like the final products. There were always enhancements and feature change requests at the end of the releases. Thus, additional support and work have to be added.

Advice to Management

Train employees to ask the right questions, think outside of the box and go above and beyond to meet customer's expectations,

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we would encourage your to sit down with your department VP or HRVP to give us specific examples. As an organization it takes people like you to help us break down those ... More

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one pro

Cons

Cut throat uncaring group running the region.

Advice to Management

Sell company to someone who cares about the health and weight loss industry and the people who trust the brand. Stop trying to sell and upsell sugar laden products.

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be listened to by management, and provided opportunities to grow as an professional, and as a person. It's a very upbeat and positive environment, focused on changing lives.

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and positive words. I welcome you to stop by HR and let's talk about growth and advancement and your career. While we are not a big organization with management development ... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Leadership team is open to new ideas, very nice work spaces, open environment. Great location for corporate office. tons of amenities! Very generous bonus structure, tons of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Human Resources should more closely at flexible work schedule or Fridays

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Some departments need senior mgmt to spend more time in Carlsbad. Personally invite/encourage employees to attend and participate in company activities

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and advice!

"Been here 4 years and still love it"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the opportunity to help people and that's personally rewarding. Good company culture and sense of family. Fun company sponsored events to encourage interaction between employees. Two on-site gyms for workouts during lunch and outdoor work space. Supports healthy living. Opportunities for personal development.

Cons

Constantly changing and have to be adaptable. It can be challenging to keep up at times. High expectations.

Advice to Management

Create more cross functional teams to execute on business strategies.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and comments.

"Great Environment To Work For"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a few years now and I LOVE it. Hard work is rewarded within this company and does not go unnoticed. We have flexible hours based on your personal needs and it's a great atmosphere to work for. Jenny Craig typically host company events quarterly for their employees and volunteer in the community as well.

Cons

Not enough time in a day to accomplish all the projects and initiatives we have been tasked with in our department.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

You are right..People do work hard and there is never enough time in the day! And, I'm glad to hear you love your role. Thanks for the review.