Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 104 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 16 reviews)

"Consultant"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Great coworkers at my centre.

Cons

Upper management was more interested in sales than success.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for taking time to review Jenny Craig.

"17 years"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for the Company for 17 years. I've went through the ups and downs. Had numerous managers...some were terrible, some were terrific. What kept me there for so long was the impact I made with my clients.

Cons

The Company needs to figure out a way to compete against Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Medifast, etc.

Advice to Management

It's great we're spending much more on advertising. However, it's not getting us more clients in the Center.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your service and for your impact on the clients.

3. "Overall great place to work"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Position was not commissioned, employees worked as a team to reach center revenue goals.

Cons

Raises based on time employed, not merit based. Not a lot of growth opportunity.

Jul 10, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and comments.

"Consultant Stay away save yourself. Seriously RUN!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being able to help people achieve their weight loss goals. Transforming lives literally. Changing behaviors.
    The people we work with are amazing

Cons

It's like working in a sweat shop. 12-13 clients in 3-4 hours. There is no time for motivation talk. Or creating a plan. Clients are too loyal. We are asked to create relationships with people. And we really do connect. They don't want to be passed around. Yet they are.
    New company wide policy changes for payroll percentage is being scrutinized. CD salaries are now incorporated with employees hours. Basically supporting the CD salary which isn't fair.
    Company policy doesn't reflect or have plans for correcting the balance of employees hours being drastically cut. Needs to be employee APH not the center as a whole.

Advice to Management

Take into account the fact that employees build up their client base and CD takes them away. Look at individual employees client average. Revise CD role. Or eliminate their roll entirely.

Jul 10, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm disappointed to read your review and encourage you to have an open conversation with HR or one of our senior leaders to explain your perspective and hear the rationale behind hours for schedules... More

"Great Job for Terrible Pay"

Former Employee - Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Columbia, MD

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing with the clients, a work environment with health in mind

Cons

The work load for the pay is a bit disappointing. Newer clients, who spend more, are given to new employees.

Thanks for your review.

"Program and Weight Management Consultant"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Support environment, product discounts, time off benefits, etc.

Cons

Hours can change anytime due to unpredictability of the business

Advice to Management

Drastic cutting of hours affect people's livelihood and the business. There are other ways to cut costs to be profitable as you want to be, but not the secret sauce which are your consultants who make the calls and motivate clients.

Thanks for your review and advice.

"The Titanic of weight loss companies.......A sinking ship."

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team that I work with, but now NEVER see, wonderful clients that we help meet their weight loss goals and help to change their lives for the better.

Cons

What was once a wonderful job at a great place with fabulous co-workers, has turned out to be extremely depressing and very sad for both the staff and the clients. All off these positive reviews from employees in the centers are clearly fictional. Meant to make Jenny Craig look like a good place to work. Do not be fooled. Management does not care about staff or clients. Our hours have been cut so much, that we can barely pay our rent or mortgages. Those of us who have benefits, have to use our PTO every week to make 30 hours to keep them. We are all looking for work elsewhere. It is heartbreaking. We all make significantly less money year to year.....even with the salary increase in January. Quotas are unattainable, especially because we are barely in the center long enough to make a phone call to contact some of our clients and get them back in our schedules. We are a family that now never sees each other. Out center director is totally being taken advantage of. She is working long, long hours because she is salaried. There is usually just one person in the center....which is very unsafe, especially in the evening. Consultants are getting let go. Clients are complaining that they often do not see their regular consultant, because of constant changes to the schedule, and us being told not to come in, or only come in for 2 or 3 hours...which may or may not be illegal for full time employees. We barely have time to prepare the freezers for the shipments, because we have to run out the door the second the last client leaves. Confirmation calls to clients barely get done also, since we can't work a minute longer than allotted on the schedule. If we do work a few minutes longer, our center director gets a phone call, and the trouble begins. It is very stressful when a client walks in as you are about to leave, and then you can't stay to see them, and then they have to wait for someone else to be free....or they leave. It is now a nightmare. This is the private equity company trying to make us look more profitable than we are. We were a great company. Now we will lose more clients, and certainly some fabulous consultants. Every week, several clients or potential clients walk out because there is no one to help them, with only one consultant working in the center. I believe upper management wants us all to find work elsewhere, and they have driven us to that point. This is a company wide issue in every center, not just the one I work in. I am sad to think this wonderful company has deteriorated to this level....thank you very poor upper management! I pray every day that a miracle happens, and we are sold. Wouldn't it be nice if Amazon purchased us!!

Advice to Management

Consider staff and clients, not just looking good on paper. Find a buyer for us already, and make a deal. We need a new management team to turn us around, if it is even possible anymore.

"Good so far"

Current Employee - Center Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Center Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired from outside the Company into a Center Director position. Been here for 1.5 years. We have an incredible group of consultants who help clients lose weight. The program works.

Cons

Wish we were busier in the summer. Not many people want to go on a diet in the summertime.

Advice to Management

We get quite a few clients who ask about organic food. Maybe it's something we should explore.

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It might sound "corny," but I feel like I help change people's lives for the better.

Cons

We are busiest on Saturdays and Sundays. It's tough to find good employees who want to work on the weekend.

Advice to Management

Look at offering a gluten free menu. Lots of clients ask for it.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review...and it isn't "corny"! As you read these reviews, it is overwhelming how many of our staff love to help people change their lives. We have a special thing!

"came back"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left the Company for a couple of years and came back. A lot has happened since I've been gone. New computers in the Centers, the menu/food has been redesigned, they increased our base pay and got us off of the terrible commission program, and they introduced a new service model.

Cons

I don't really have any. The gas wasn't greener. I'm happy to be back.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, we get online sales appointments that are really RTAs. Figure out how to fix this.