Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 104 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 16 reviews)

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, amply paid time off, decent salary for managers

Cons

constant shift in schedule, no two days off back to back, level of expectations & work load beyond reasonable

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your tenure. As you know the first 3-4 months of the year are super-charged with schedules built to meet the client demands. Thank you for being there to support our... More

"QA Manager"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is friendly. Most people are willing to help others. My department is commit to deliver quality products. The company is seeking ways to reduce cost.

Cons

Poor communication across teams and departments. Frequently, we found that our internal stakeholders didn't like the final products. There were always enhancements and feature change requests at the end of the releases. Thus, additional support and work have to be added.

Advice to Management

Train employees to ask the right questions, think outside of the box and go above and beyond to meet customer's expectations,

Mar 31, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we would encourage your to sit down with your department VP or HRVP to give us specific examples. As an organization it takes people like you to help us break down those... More

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one pro

Cons

Cut throat uncaring group running the region.

Advice to Management

Sell company to someone who cares about the health and weight loss industry and the people who trust the brand. Stop trying to sell and upsell sugar laden products.

"Been here 4 years and still love it"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the opportunity to help people and that's personally rewarding. Good company culture and sense of family. Fun company sponsored events to encourage interaction between employees. Two on-site gyms for workouts during lunch and outdoor work space. Supports healthy living. Opportunities for personal development.

Cons

Constantly changing and have to be adaptable. It can be challenging to keep up at times. High expectations.

Advice to Management

Create more cross functional teams to execute on business strategies.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and comments.

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be listened to by management, and provided opportunities to grow as an professional, and as a person. It's a very upbeat and positive environment, focused on changing lives.

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and positive words. I welcome you to stop by HR and let's talk about growth and advancement and your career. While we are not a big organization with management development... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Leadership team is open to new ideas, very nice work spaces, open environment. Great location for corporate office. tons of amenities! Very generous bonus structure, tons of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Human Resources should more closely at flexible work schedule or Fridays

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Some departments need senior mgmt to spend more time in Carlsbad. Personally invite/encourage employees to attend and participate in company activities

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the review and advice!

"Great Environment To Work For"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a few years now and I LOVE it. Hard work is rewarded within this company and does not go unnoticed. We have flexible hours based on your personal needs and it's a great atmosphere to work for. Jenny Craig typically host company events quarterly for their employees and volunteer in the community as well.

Cons

Not enough time in a day to accomplish all the projects and initiatives we have been tasked with in our department.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

You are right..People do work hard and there is never enough time in the day! And, I'm glad to hear you love your role. Thanks for the review.

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fabulous co-workers! Flexible hours, great benefits and pay. Onsite company store, Curves gym, and Starbucks! Management is supportive and cares about your development. Having fun is encouraged. Dedicated Fun Committee that is responsible for coordinating many fun activities throughout the year. The Halloween festivities and Holiday party are extraordinary!

Cons

The commute is too far.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your commitment to the success of our clients. Happy to hear you're having fun at work! The Fun Committee really works hard at building culture. Feel free to stop by and... More

9. "A lot of great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to have a college degree you to have a career at Jenny Craig.Everyone here supports one another in advancing in this company. Working here is not just a job, it's having a career that you love where you feel supported and can support others in becoming successful.

Cons

Our software can be initially hard to grasp.

Advice to Management

Management it great! There are always there to guide and support their employees. They care about your needs and your wants to move forward in the company.

"Was Ok while it lasted"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I loved my job and gave it my all. I loved having my own office. I had some great co-workers. Clean and comfortable environment to work in.

Cons

After spending a decade there, I was forced out due to a "restructure" though no fault of my own. I gave them my all- I could have at least been given some sort of notice. The rug was pulled from under me. I did not feel valued. I faced unrealistic expectations during my time there. Telemarketing to old clients is the main thing done daily, and clients that do come in often expect you to be a therapist. Went home drained day after day. They cut your hours without telling you and send employees home early without any respectful notice.

Advice to Management

I loved my time at Jenny and would have loved to have been given respectful notice of cut hours.

Mar 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

The restructure has impacted a handful of our centers across the US where we had lower client visits. We did our best to move people to nearby locations when possible and recognize that this did not... More