Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated August 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 103 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 16 reviews)

"Health Coach/Consultant"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment for people who love to help others change their lives and celebrate successes.

Cons

Upper management does not have proper safety protocols in place for staff who work in the weight loss centers. "There is safety in numbers" Many times just one person works in the center. Employees have voiced their concerns about being alone with clients (one on one) and about suspicious walk-ins. Staff should never feel unsafe while working.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Please contact your Market Director or HR regarding specific safety concerns. We have protocols to assist centers that have concerns.

2. "good company"

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Austin, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Austin, MN

Pros

good work and time balance or adjustable office hours.
    managers are cooperative always encouraging the juniors

Cons

no promotion for initial five years with lots of work and client interaction which means long hours of working at client's convenience

Advice to Management

start behaving with your juniors
    they can think about rewarding them as well by in creasing their salary

"Weight loss consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its not a physically demanding job. We actually get to help people lose weight. The scheduling is not bad vs working a late shift job.

Cons

I'm not sure where all these good reviews are coming from. Maybe they are from new employees, but I have been with Jenny Craig for many years and this company and spiral down. We are waiting to be sold to another company, but to make us look "healthy" they are cutting down hours like nothing. Many full time consultants are struggling to even get 20 hours a week. People are forced to leave because the CPH is not enough. It varies each week and you will always have uncertainty. I have to worry if I will be able to support myself every pay check. They raised our salary in the company, but what did they do? They cut our hours. Every single Center Director in our market had enough with Jenny Craig. They are forced to work almost every single day because the consultants aren't allowed to work. Center Directors are paid salary, so it doesnt matter if they worked every day of the week, which some actually do. Check our market, we dont even have a CD for one center and then our other center is only ran by one person.

Advice to Management

Consistency of people, scheduling, goals, compensation, prices, delivery.
    AND not having slow computers! The computers are made from the 90s. I swear its still on dial up.

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying your time with Jenny Craig. We are focused on building the business for the future of our employees and our clients. Staffing appropriately to ensure that there... More

"Jenny Craig Center DIrector"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, helping people be healthy, day is always different

Cons

Bad turnover rate, low education expectations

Advice to Management

Increase entry level salaries, limit manager horus

Thanks for your review.

"Bad Upper Management"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Get to change lives and help people.

Cons

Not enough staff. You have to be alone in the centre. They will cut your hours if there is not enough clients. The pay is very low for the amount of work involved. Centres are extremely dated with decor and furniture.

Advice to Management

No room for growth

Jul 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review, your time spent with us helping change lives and best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Center Director"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Helping members lose weight and educate on how to create healthy relationship with food.

Cons

Terrible schedule, no work -life balance.

Advice to Management

Create atmosphere where employees will have a motivation and energy to come to work by giving reasonable schedule.

7. "I feel lucky to work here"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I (along with all of my co-workers got a $2.50 per hour) pay raise at the beginning of the year. A friend of mine is a Center Director and got a $10000 pay raise at the beginning of the year. I'm considered full time as a 30-hour per week employee. The company has rolled out a new service training that focuses on helping our clients lose weight. we have great clients.

Cons

I have to work some nights until 7pm and Saturday morning/afternoon. however, considering my former job working in a restaurant, these are easy hours. sometimes, it's a bit stressful...but what job isn't stressful? Some people's hours have been cut. However, they won't work on the weekends when we need them, so I have no sympathy.

Advice to Management

Weed out some of the bad apples who can't deal with the changes.

Jul 14, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and your perspective. We do have amazing clients and amazing employees. One of our Company Values is to Embrace Change. We are constantly trying to help people to get... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great client interaction, helping people to succeed with weight loss

Cons

Focusing on numbers and not the people, striving to hit quotas, calling past members repeatedly even when they said they don't want to come back to the program

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and you'll have less of a turnover rate.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Clients, clients, clients is what makes this job so benificial and is the reason consultants stay!!

Cons

Very high monthly quotas, low pay consultants who have been there more then ten years are getting paid less then $30,000 a year and can't afford mortgages and food. Discussting.

Advice to Management

Close centres down if you can't afford to keep your staff quit while Jenny Craig still has a name for herself don't ruin it anymore. Treat staff better stop making them call 100 people a day it doesn't work and that's why clients don't come back from harassment.

"Centre Director"

Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Centre Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The relationships that are made with your team and the clients are positive and life changing.

Cons

Bonus compensation reduced to such a minimum that there is no incentive to work harder to reach monthly quotas. It is required to work weekends and overtime when necessary without pay. Employee review's and raises are not consistent and I personally had to wait two (2) years for a review and pay increase. The upper management team has changed many times over. The room for growth within the company is based upon not performance but on another level of political hierarchy. If you are the educated and experienced, you will be left hanging if your not with in the rankings of the people who have the power to promote. They will hire someone less experienced that does not possess the expertise and capabilities to efficiently support the Centre Directors.

Advice to Management

Communicate and be forthright with the underlings who work very hard to produce your bottom line. The company mission statement is invalid and untrue. When you continue to "Slice and Dice" your ideas and re-create the wheel, it's a reflection that what your trying to "Change" creates frustration within the Employee work wall. Thus, you wind up losing your highest achievers.

Jul 14, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry to read of your poor review and negative experience. Approximately 95% of our Senior Field Leaders have been promoted from consultants to store managers and up into regional roles. This... More