Jenny Craig Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated March 29, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Helping people get to healthy weight (in 95 reviews)

• i can't even give a pro other than the fact that I was able to help people change their lives in a positive way (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish upper management knew how he acted (in 41 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 14 reviews)

"Weight Loss Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with the clients. Job is fast-paced and the day goes quickly.

Cons

Sometimes unusual shift times, seven days/week.

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review! If you have any ideas on how we can improve scheduling please reach out. Thank you for your commitment to our clients.

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Multi Unit Center Director in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great Training and coworkers -- love watching clients results great program that produces results

Cons

Payroll Constraints and false promises -- Stick to policy -- was told one thing by regional managers only to learn it was not allowed I personally lost money as a result -- abide by travel policies -- company is very fragile was sold same year.

Advice to Management

Honesty --especially when travel is involved the IRS is watching what you are telling employees.

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

We are glad you had great training and coworkers during your time at Jenny Craig. We apologize for the poor communication. Your feedback is helpful and we have a plan to improve the training of our ... More

"Great Company"

Pros

benefits, work life balance, and very flexible

Cons

long hours, schedule not great, work on saturdays

Advice to Management

higher pay and compensation for the consultants

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

We are so happy you love it here. We agree that the Consultants are important to our business. Reviewing pay structures will continue to be a part of our process to ensure we remain competitive as an ... More

"Company has no regard for emplolyees"

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

Pros

Helping people. Developing strong bonds with patrons

Cons

Undervalued. Negative management tactics. Motivated through fear of job security.

Advice to Management

None. Many have been made on deaf ears

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources

One of our values is to demonstrate passion and commitment to help others succeed. It sounds like we failed you in that respect. Our objective is to ensure that employees are heard and their ideas ... More

"Consultant- Don't work here if looking for a career"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Seeing people's lives change and helping them along the way. That's the only pro. Just filling up space to meet the 20 word min.

Cons

Where to start...... the compensation is an absolute JOKE. Thanks for the bait and switch on our new compensation. Raise our hourly, yet cut everyone's hours so you are making the exact same thing you were before. Plus cutting the bonuses down to almost nothing didn't help. The last year I stayed with the company hoping things would turn around in 2017 for compensation, but it's a facade, and quite frankly as an employee of 5 years insulting, unmotivating, and devaluing of the people who are doing the toughest job out there, the consultants! No one can stay and work as a consultant and pay their bills. Meanwhile the center directors got a very nice raise, yet do no where near the amount of work the consultants do and skip out early each day.

Materials needed for new menus are never on time. Food doesn't arrive on time when corporate says it will or mysteriously has "shortages" on food and informs its consultants at the very last shipment, leaving us to deal with disgruntled clients. Consultants are held accountable to impossible metrics, especially having the WORST marketing done for a weight loss company. How are we supposed to bring new people in the doors if the company doesn't advertise properly or advertise in a way that actually effects people.

The centers are old and run down. The dialogue that corporate gives the field team for selling programs and making sales are completely unrealistic.

Zero reward for hitting any type of weight loss metric. Aren't we a weight loss company? Shouldn't we be getting some type of bonus for helping our clients reach and maintain their optimal health?

I at one point wanted to move up in the company to a center director, but I am so discouraged with where the company is going.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees at the bottom and treating them better. Otherwise everyone will keep walking out the door with sour tastes in their mouths and nothing nice to say. This company has become nothing but money hungry and greedy. If you treat your employees correctly they want to be at work and are optimistic in continuing to create and grow as a whole company. All of us are so beaten down and panic stricken over bills and the atmosphere of sell sell sell sell it's a horrible place to be. You need to really do the 360 turn around your employees were praying for in 2017. We can't do all the work we need the support and encouragement from corporate management.

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry to see you go. It's true, our hours typically do reduce at the end of the year, prior to quarter one which is when the business picks back up after the holidays. We are currently ... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping people live a healthy lufestyle

Cons

Centers are run down and not curb appeal.

Advice to Management

Food is taken away and say it will return but months go by and lno explication to give to unhappy clients

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for leading your center. We completely understand your concern and have recently implemented new processes to reduce any miscommunication to our field employees. Please reach out to ... More

"Consultants"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Working with my clients to help them achieve there goals.

Cons

Human Resources?? Notice how Jenny Craig replies to negative ratings?

The biggest complaint of working for Jenny Craig is bad management and unlivable wage.
    They say we're sorry YOU feel that way which is a physical response of putting it back on the person. I in no way see that they care. And as for going to Human Resources they are of no help what so ever, in fact because of me calling HR for extremely valid reasons I then was harassed and bullied by management until the awful stress made me leave which is what they wanted. HR is part of the bad management they work together. I would never trust this company there is no remnant of what it was base on it is just a number and that's how they treat there employees. Is "I'm sorry you feel that way" a real apology? Why?
    Definitely not. If anything it's the opposite of an apology, suggesting as it does that the person who is "sorry you feel that way" has done nothing wrong, and that the fault lies with "you" for feeling otherwise. A more patent way of phrasing the sentiment expressed would be "Too bad for you that you can't get over it."

Advice to Management

I have none they don't care and will never change. You obviously want a high turn over of consultants so you can pay them less.

Jan 5, 2017 – Human Resources

We are not sure of your particular situation, but it is difficult to hear this feedback. Please give us a call so we can make it better. Good luck on the next chapter of your career.

"Work anywhere else but here..."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

The ONLY pro is the food is good and you get a discount on it.

Cons

Horrible Upper management! This company obviously doesn't care about their consultants or their well being. They are constantly changing expectation and lowering pay. This company is barely keeping their head above water, and it's just a matter of time before it sinks. Do yourself a favor, don't get on board this sinking ship!

Advice to Management

Start treating you "secret sauce" employees better, stop cutting hours and pay, especially during the holidays! Without the work consultants do, Jenny Craig as a company could not function. Rather than cut bonuses and try and appeal to us y slightly upping hourly pay, stop cutting hours. No duh will the business be slower in November and December, but why should we be cut back to less than most part time employees?? And the last month we can get a "decent" bonus, no one is allowed to work enough hours to get the top tier. You want to keep consultants around and avoid turnover, treat us with respect!!!

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources

You seem upset and that's concerning to us. Please call your HR Business Partner so we can talk through this.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight and change their habits is extremely rewarding

Cons

The center director is not very supportive, and her style is an old fashion punitive one. Many of the clients are afraid of her because she overwhelms them with too much information at one time. I've seen people actually run away from her.

Advice to Management

Keep the CDs accountable to helping the business develop and grow rather than micromanage. It really is not possible to make a living with what we can get for compensation.

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Glad you feel like you are making a difference! That being said, we hate to hear that you don't feel supported. Please call the HR department so that we can work through it together.

"Ok for entry level"

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Discount on food and exercise equipment.

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees. CSC do all the hard work but don't make nearly as much in commissions as the weight loss consultants.

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources

We understand your concerns. We encourage our CSCs to apply for our JCC roles to increase their pay.