Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated November 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 109 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• The owner does not do a very good job communicating information to staff or center director (in 34 reviews)

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I never get tired of helping people, and the pace is fast.

Cons

Low compensation for all we are expected to do. Micro-management; we get punished when taking time off.

Advice to Management

Manage your Center Directors. Old -fashioned management styles don't work

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and comments.

"Unbelievable"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, clients and relationships built

Cons

Center directors who are in the center less than the part time employees but account for 40 hours of the payroll. Who show on the gandt that they are in the center 8-5 but show up at 10 and are gone by 2 or 3. Access rmaul from home to make MD think they are working. Taking "PTO" when everyone knows there is no way they have any left. Bringing their children into the center while working and asking consultants to babysit while they jump on their weekly phone meeting with DM. Pushing their responsibilities off on their consultants under the umbrella of team work. Using the cash drawer as their own petty cash. Taking selfies and constantly being either on Facebook or personal cellphone. Using company materials for personal use. Being proud of making all subordinates cry at one point or another and bragging about it or if not liking someone making them miserable until they quit. Making inappropriate comments. Taking credit for others accomplishments. Just to name a few things...

Advice to Management

Be more aware of who you have "leading" your centers.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and I would really like to ask you to reach out to your HR Partner to share more details. The actions you have described are not appropriate and if you will follow up with us... More

3. "Centre"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co workers and team

Cons

Must be very flexiable with schedule

Thanks for your review.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

working with my clients through their weight loss journey. company is focused on healthy lifestyle. I was a client before working here. the program works if you follow it.

Cons

negativity with long term staff because company is tightening their staffing and asking people to work on Saturdays and Sundays.

Advice to Management

sonic (computer system) is bad. very slow. needs to be fixed.

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your remarks . We will hopefully start seeing some improvements on the slowness of our systems this year as we are going through upgrades on our network. Thanks for your dedication to... More

"18 years"

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

helping clients change their lives.

Cons

lack of new clients. company is spending lots of money on advertising. doesn't seem to be working.

Advice to Management

need something new to attract clients

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you first for 18 years of dedicated service to the clients you have helped. We are working on the fall and winter campaigns now and the marketing plans look good.

"Eh..:."

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

You get to be a part of people reaching their personal goals and achieving better health.

Cons

Used to be a great place to work. They took away commission and added a few dollars an hour to the pay BUT now they can call off your shift and change your hours without notice. Not great when you count on your paycheck for survival.

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and we are working with the Center Directors and Market Directors to ensure staffing is done appropriately. These summer months are when we are slow (as you know) and we have... More

"bloated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

starbucks on site, decent benefits, company's mission is helping clients lose weight

Cons

Bloated senior management. They are focused on cutting costs but don't do it in their own areas. Poor performing VPs aren't let go...instead, they are given "Consultant" or alternate VP positions and allowed to collect their paychecks without being held accountable. Other VPs fly in from the East Coast, have little experience in their fields, and then take the credit for the employees who are really doing the work. Same thing with some of the Directors....flying in from all over the country, self-promoters who are not held accountable for their performance. It's unbelievable that North Castle allows this to continue.

Advice to Management

You send a message that we need to cut costs to improve profit. You should look in the mirror. So much for Accountability, one of the values that hangs on the walls throughout the building.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review, we are listening and I have had a conversation with our CEO to share your comments. Please know you have an open door to have an interactive dialogue with any of the... More

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients work towards a healthier lifestyle and celebrating their successes

Cons

After 15 plus years losing all benefits, (health, retirement, sick pay, holiday pay etc...) Hours reduced to 3- 4 hours a day and schedule changes without notice, and still trying to accommodate the clients is very frustrating.

Advice to Management

The inconsistency of center hours and consultants being available is not servicing our clients. Most want same consultant weekly and no surprises of when we close week to week.

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your review and advice.

"JCC"

Current Employee - JCC in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - JCC in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for the company 12 years .A very rewarding experience helping people . I've met extraordinary people . I love the plan.

Cons

I was full time until 2 months ago when they cut hours and benefits. The company doesn't care about employees loyalty. It hurts to see that we are just a number.

Advice to Management

Take care of your good employees, those like me , who help Jenny Craig to be respected by the customers. Remember that the customers not only come for the food, they come for the consultants .

Jul 20, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Our clients come to us for our consultants, I completely agree with you. Thanks for your review on the pros and please be patient and stick it through as we need positive, engaged employees who can... More

10. "Enjoyable job, little growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Consultant in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Consultant in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Seeing the transformations of many clients is very rewarding
    - Management really cares about their employees

Cons

- Working most Saturdays is a requirement
    - No room for growth
    - Low pay

Jul 14, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources