Jenny Craig Reviews | Glassdoor

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is also satisfying to be in a job where your goal is helping people be healthy and lose weight (in 104 reviews)

• Literally see people change their lives in front of your eyes and have the oppertunity to train your team to guide their members to get to their goals (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro managing from upper management (in 46 reviews)

• There is not a lot of room for growth and advancement in the company, not very many promotions available, great for experience (in 16 reviews)

"Worst work experience ever"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, decent employee discount, uplifting environment

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, punished if goals aren't meant (sometimes its out of your hands) not much as far as career opportunities

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry you had such a poor experience. It is our intention to give employees what they need to succeed and it seems for you this was not the case. We wish you the best in your new role.

"Watch Out, Not Worth It!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The girls that work there and helping people who actually are interested.

Cons

The pay is horrible. I was hired full-time and was working 2 days a week. Eventually they got rid of my position after me being there 3 months. The manager is literally 2 hours late every day and leaves after about hours so everyone else picks up his slack. Any schedule changes are made without telling you and if you need help from management, good luck getting a hold of anyone. Going to the bank would take 2 hours at times for special visits to who knows where. He called in sick almost every week for a day off. I had questions and he told me to ask my teammates. He was not there to train me for a week, ever, let alone a full day. He hardly showered and would take breaks to chain smoke or go to personal appointments during the day. I wish upper management knew how he acted. As an employee, one would be fired for his behavior. So much cold calling old customers from literally the early 1990's.

Advice to Management

Uh show up on time? Don't lie about position? Update your system!

Feb 27, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm sorry for your bad experience. Your review with accusations of poor management is very serious to us. I have shared this information with local management to ensure we are addressing issues.... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping people live a healthy lufestyle

Cons

Centers are run down and not curb appeal.

Advice to Management

Food is taken away and say it will return but months go by and lno explication to give to unhappy clients

Jan 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for leading your center. We completely understand your concern and have recently implemented new processes to reduce any miscommunication to our field employees. Please reach out to... More

"Centre Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was close to home

Cons

Low Salary, Local Marketing was useless, working conditions were poor, sales goals are unrealistic

Feb 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

We are sorry your experience was less than positive. We strive to create an environment supportive of our team so that they can support their Clients.

"consulting & sales"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

usually friendly atmosphere, great coworkers ability to help clients

Cons

salary, tenure not respected. pulling & bagging food

Advice to Management

Be more employee centric. Fix the antiquated computer systems. currently takes 3-4 steps to print 'pick' lists & invoices. 'Ulitipro' sign in system constantly down. Incentives by managers & company for employees. Bring back the joy of the job. Putting together lunches & dinners on computers-huge inconvenience

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to Jenny Craig for 10+ years. We are concerned that you would not recommend Jenny Craig and would like to hear more about how we can change that... More

"You really do make a difference"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work one on one with clients everyday. Get play a large role in the healthy transformation of others, which leads to high job satisfaction.

Cons

Corporate emphasizes money higher than client success. The only metrics that seem to matter are ones concerning how much food you sell.

Advice to Management

Corporate's views of how to interact with clients is very naive and not practical. Management should listen more closely to the opinions of those in the field.

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing why you love this company. There is nothing better than seeing a client's healthy transformation.We also want to hear more from you. It is important you share your concerns with... More

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Center Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig (More than a year)

Pros

In this position, you have a lot of room to impact the health of the community you serve. Make sure you have a great team committed to your clients and you all will exceed monthly quotas repeatedly.

Cons

The compensation wasn't consistent enough. Your bonuses were controlled by too many outside factors (i.e. clients coming in for products, consultants selling products, etc.)

Dec 21, 2016 – Human Resources

It seems like you really like this company and that is great to hear. Some of your comments about compensation have recently been addressed through new implementation of compensation structures and... More

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Centre Director in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Centre Director in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time with Jenny. The training program was very thorough and informative. I was compensated fairly well for what I did at the time and loved all the opportunities to grow and develop. I really liked all of the opportunities to snag more money (bonus structure & commission). Overall, the company hires great people.

Cons

Listen to your people. Listen to the individuals you've hired for the field. Treat people with the same respect on their way out of the door. A great example would be quota bonus... if a manager has achieved their store quota prior to their last day, they earned that money. It reflects pretty poorly upon the company to withhold that money.

Advice to Management

Visit your stores more frequently. I really did enjoy working for Jenny, but it would have been nice to see the upper management more frequently. You can't be fully aware of what's going on it your facilities if you're never in them.

Dec 1, 2016 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience regarding your departure, but it sounds like your working experience was a good one. If you believe you were not paid appropriately, please reach out to... More

"Good Job For Experience"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an easy job, not too demanding, consultations help you build your skills and on going training as well

Cons

You have to work weekends, and depends on where you work your manager decides how things run which can be pro or con

Dec 1, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your commitment and service! You're right, weekends are the busiest times to see our members. In attempt to provide a work/life balance, we offer a healthy paid time off program to... More

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Helping our clients. It is always about helping our clients. There is nothing better than seeing someone reach their health and wellness goals and celebrate together. Truly a feeling of self worth and accomplishment.

Cons

It is so very sad to see so many tenured and good people leave this company. The drastic decrease in pay is awful no matter how we try. I'm a very strong advocate for what we do but when you no longer can pay utilities and the multiple loans taken in hopes of each month getting better you must look elsewhere. Exhausting all cash advances to stay afloat is coming to an end.

Advice to Management

Look at what you are doing to your people. Quotas are for must out of reach. All centers cannot increase as much as expectations. We understand the company needs to get healthy but this is just awful.
    We cannot even buy the Jenny Craig food.
    Most single moms and those alone are shopping at dollar tree and due to the lean staffing model we cannot even be sick. Going to work with the flu because there is no one to cover. So many are looking for a company that cares. A company that will at minimum pay enough to feed and house our families. Hoping the CA folks will see what is in front of them.

Nov 16, 2016 – Human Resources

After much review and consideration, our leadership team was able to address your concerns earlier this month. Thank you for your continued employment and commitment to our members.