KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jenny Craig

Is this your company?

Jenny Craig

Add a Review

Jenny Craig Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 1, 2021

Found 54 of over 964 reviews

3.4
Jenny Craig CEO David Pastrana
David Pastrana
Pros
  • "Very rewarding, I loved helping people reach their goals and feel good about themselves(in 124 reviews)

• "Able to help clients achieve their weight loss goals(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management was terrible and unfair(in 54 reviews)

• "Center Director a little unorganized(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Jenny Craig and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Consultant

Jul 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers at my centre.

Cons

Upper management was more interested in sales than success.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for taking time to review Jenny Craig.

2. 1.0

Terrible

Jan 1, 2021 - Call Center Agent in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some people were nice to work with

Cons

Upper management was terrible and unfair

Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resources Team

We are not sure of your particular situation, but it is difficult to hear this feedback. We do send out Exit Interviews to former employees and hope you took the opportunity to respond there. If you did not get one, please contact us.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Never a dull day, but very unorganized & reactive instead of proactive upper management

May 23, 2020 - Centre Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clients first and foremost. There are also rarely ever dull days where you have nothing to do. Work place environment varies from center to center but if you have a good team, work will always be fun.

Cons

Ridiculous work hours; upper management takes advantage of working the salaried managers nonstop & constantly expecting them to revolve their lives around work, ultimately working well over 40+ hours a week yet only being compensated for 40 due to no overtime. Employee's schedules change daily due to "the needs of the business". Often times managers are working by themselves & do not truly have a team to work with. Very out of date computer software & corporate mindset that are stuck in the 80's & unable to adapt to current times. Weekend/Saturday shifts are mandatory every week & managers are never able to have two days off in a row.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

disorganized and behind the times

May 5, 2020 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic program that is evidence-based and proven to work. Training focuses on behavior change and long term success for clients.

Cons

Employees are trained one way and then it all goes out the window back in center. All they care about are deposits and employee hours. They talk a big game about training and consultations but don't actually help consultants deliver quality consultations. Upper management overworked. Marketing is terrible and in the ice age... not marketing to the next generation.

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0

Inconsistent

Sep 23, 2019 - Center Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will develop strong communications and coaching skills. Building meaningful relationships with your clients and coworkers. Company was recently sold, so potential for change in corporate culture exists.

Cons

Inconsistent hours. Your schedule will change at a moment's notice. You could work 40 hours one week and 5 the next. Management by fear. No job security. Constant stress to bully clients into following the program and coming in every week. No where near technologically current. You will not get full time benefits. You will work alone most of the time. Mandatory Saturday hours. Expectations change so frequently that you often don't know what upper management wants from you. Upper Management stands by the "that's the way we've always done it" mindset. You will have to work in centers all over market. So minimally staffed that vacation time is difficult to get and forget about calling in sick.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

What has become of a once fabulous Career

Jul 13, 2019 - Program Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Changing people's lives, the clients we have met.

Cons

Poor upper management decisions. Bullying when sitting with you, picking who they want to sit with and not anybody else working in the same Center. Zeroing in on one particular person to sit in on every few weeks trying to get them to quit. Upper management hostile environment

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Awful Employer

Sep 2, 2018 - Center Director in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clients are great and helping people reach their goals is very rewarding.

Cons

Negative upper management. As a manager you litteraly do everything by yourself 90% of the time and are never praised for your accomplishments but always given negativity when you have a slow day. You perform New client sales presentations (with ridiculous dialogue where they want you to make promises you can’t keep) stocking, weekly inventory, employee training and documentation, daily reports, conference calls (where you get no positivity) answering phones, all while seeing clients every 20 minutes and pulling their food. It may not seem like a lot but while you have other clients getting annoyed waiting in the lobby it can be quite stressful. It is very hard to get your legal lunch breaks because there is no one there to relieve you. They paint a great picture when they hire but it is a bait and switch. And you are held to numbers that upper management changes at their whim to insure that bonuses are hard to achieve. It always amazed me that in a job where you need to be so positive to help change people’s lives, behind the scenes employees are given so much negativity. Very sad.

17 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

All about the money not clients or consultants

Jan 1, 2018 - JCC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helping people. Very rewarding when clients reach their goal.

Cons

It's was all about how much you sold and making clients buy things they may not want. If they didn't buy the full menu we either had to turn them away or you as consultant were in trouble and hours cut. Just awful, my last manager couldn't make it to work on time but preached customer service. Very micro managed. Managers got big raises and only full time. Upper management shut the door on consultants

12 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the part of your job that was about helping people through a life change. Some of your concerns about keeping clients on a full menu is a fundamental piece in helping the client be successful. If they don't follow the program as designed, they may not get the results they are looking to achieve by coming to us in the first place. That can be challenging at times to provide the accountability the client needs.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Health Coach/Consultant

Jun 19, 2017 - Health and Wellness Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment for people who love to help others change their lives and celebrate successes.

Cons

Upper management does not have proper safety protocols in place for staff who work in the weight loss centers. "There is safety in numbers" Many times just one person works in the center. Employees have voiced their concerns about being alone with clients (one on one) and about suspicious walk-ins. Staff should never feel unsafe while working.

11 people found this review helpful

Vice President Human Resources

Please contact your Market Director or HR regarding specific safety concerns. We have protocols to assist centers that have concerns.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Titanic of weight loss companies.......A sinking ship.

Jun 26, 2017 - Weight Loss Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team that I work with, but now NEVER see, wonderful clients that we help meet their weight loss goals and help to change their lives for the better.

Cons

What was once a wonderful job at a great place with fabulous co-workers, has turned out to be extremely depressing and very sad for both the staff and the clients. All off these positive reviews from employees in the centers are clearly fictional. Meant to make Jenny Craig look like a good place to work. Do not be fooled. Management does not care about staff or clients. Our hours have been cut so much, that we can barely pay our rent or mortgages. Those of us who have benefits, have to use our PTO every week to make 30 hours to keep them. We are all looking for work elsewhere. It is heartbreaking. We all make significantly less money year to year.....even with the salary increase in January. Quotas are unattainable, especially because we are barely in the center long enough to make a phone call to contact some of our clients and get them back in our schedules. We are a family that now never sees each other. Out center director is totally being taken advantage of. She is working long, long hours because she is salaried. There is usually just one person in the center....which is very unsafe, especially in the evening. Consultants are getting let go. Clients are complaining that they often do not see their regular consultant, because of constant changes to the schedule, and us being told not to come in, or only come in for 2 or 3 hours...which may or may not be illegal for full time employees. We barely have time to prepare the freezers for the shipments, because we have to run out the door the second the last client leaves. Confirmation calls to clients barely get done also, since we can't work a minute longer than allotted on the schedule. If we do work a few minutes longer, our center director gets a phone call, and the trouble begins. It is very stressful when a client walks in as you are about to leave, and then you can't stay to see them, and then they have to wait for someone else to be free....or they leave. It is now a nightmare. This is the private equity company trying to make us look more profitable than we are. We were a great company. Now we will lose more clients, and certainly some fabulous consultants. Every week, several clients or potential clients walk out because there is no one to help them, with only one consultant working in the center. I believe upper management wants us all to find work elsewhere, and they have driven us to that point. This is a company wide issue in every center, not just the one I work in. I am sad to think this wonderful company has deteriorated to this level....thank you very poor upper management! I pray every day that a miracle happens, and we are sold. Wouldn't it be nice if Amazon purchased us!!

19 people found this review helpful