Jenzabar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bob Maginn Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun company, so-so money"

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

Friendly, laid back company. Great teamwork and cool vibe. The location in the Back Bay is awesome.

Cons

Many salaries are slightly below market. Some years they didn't give any raises, just unexceptional bonuses.

Advice to Management

Pay people properly.

2. "If you know nothing, work here. They keep anybody."

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

Flexibility, that is all that was good about it. Well, most customers are nice.

Cons

Employees are not valued. You can work there forever because they won't fire anyone, therefore most employees are not the people worth keeping. The good employees left already or will soon when they realize the culture.

Advice to Management

Management cares only about numbers. They don't care and don't take advice.

"Decent Benefits, Huge Opportunity for learning and growth."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Varies per department I'd say. The actual benefits are great, the pay rate isn't the high end of the industry but it isn't bottom barrel either. Lots of helpful people coming together to fix and solve issues. Open to advice and opinions. Great environment of mostly positive people. Set goals to achieve and finish them, this reduces the micro managing that many companies try to do.

Cons

Lots of lost in the shuffle communication and late / no responses from some people. Just like any larger company many people involved to come to sometimes simple logical (from a tech stand point) conclusions.

Advice to Management

Try to remove clutter in the processes, keep up the open lines of communication. Bringing teams back onshore was a time saver all around so that is a plus. Company sponsored food gets me motivated!

"Great Company"

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

By far one of best experience in the corporate world that I've ever had. I Would recommend this corporation to anyone who is interested to join a company that is truly committed for a friendly, professional environment.

Cons

It Lacks a salary increase

"Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for; no gossip/backstabbing, excellent communication and collaboration, seem to really value employees and want them to be happy here.

Cons

It is really hard to think of any; I have to stretch a little to even come up with a few. But maybe there doesn't seem to be a lot of opportunity for career growth, and also there is very little direct engagement between supervisors and reports. One supervisor oversees dozens of employees. This low and flat org chart makes it difficult to know if you are personally living up to your supervisor's expectations, or if he even knows you work there.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open to innovation, which may not always look like a fully-solidified plan; it might be a little looser.

"Work from home is great"

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

Working from home, reimbursement for internet, flexible schedule

Cons

Zero access to upper management, no cost of living raises

Advice to Management

Invest more in your team

"The Grass is Greener at Jenzabar - We stick together like a family"

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, support of fellow associates, community building, encouragement

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but you do best here understanding that just about every job requires more than 40 hours a week.

"review"

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

good work life balance - come and go as you like

Cons

lack of career progression - no career path

"Pretty sure it's just a tax dodge"

I worked at Jenzabar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because no one in management actually knows what software development is, or entails (they all come from Higher Education jobs), you can look forward to having to explain the right way to do things over and over (and over) - and then enjoy watching them do the exact opposite (because *obviously* a degree in English and a career in a Registrar's office *totally* means you know about development than the developers).

Cons

They're a "software development" company where literally *NO ONE* in leadership has ever been involved in the process of software development.

They don't care *AT ALL* about the quality of their products - their #1 goal is to coax schools into signing long-term contracts in the hopes that a) once they're committed, it'll be too hard to back out and choose another software company, and b) they can rake the poor school over the coals for *years* with "service fees" where Jenzabar tries to teach you how to make their POS software work.

The largest portion of company spending goes to 1st their legal team, and 2nd their sales team - which should tell you pretty much all you need to know about their goals and priorities.

"Great colleagues, fulfilling work"

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I've worked with at Jenzabar has been top-notch in their specialties -- it really is amazing the level of competence of the individuals I get to work with on a daily basis.

Corporate culture is supportive and encourages training both internal and external, and the internal training is very high quality. Things seem to err on the side of hands-off management and removal of layers that don't need to be there, which works for some people and not others. I've worked on both sides of that coin, and prefer it this way.

Jenzabar really does trust people to actually do the jobs they've been hired for, which is refreshing and empowering.

Cons

Can't really think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!