Jeppesen Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Kevin Crowley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior Management (directors and above) cannot make decisions (in 10 reviews)

• The parent company Boeing is becoming more and more a part of the day-to-day activities at Jeppesen (in 5 reviews)

1. "Intern Experience"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Denver, CO
    Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience as an Intern. Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Senior developers and managers encourage you to gain more knowledge and learn latest technologies.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Great Internship porgram

2. "Summer 2017 Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern

Pros

To begin, this was a paid summer internship where I was able to improve my team-building, analytic thinking, and communication skills. My co-workers were all very helpful and kind. I worked on multiple projects that mattered rather than filing or getting coffee. I was overjoyed when I found out that there were potential job opportunities which was motivation to stay on top of my A-game. There are so many networking opportunities provided at Jeppesen that I believe every intern should take advantage of. Don't be that intern who is never involved in activities because you never know when you'll need to call on a connection that was made or if someone from another department is looking to fill a position.
     The Human Resources department organized this internship program so well.
     There were various morale booster/fun events, the schedule is flexible, and to top it off parking is provided. I have had multiple internships in my lifetime and this was by far the best.

Cons

Took longer than expected to get laptop and set up network access, no cubicle available for interns,

Advice to Management

My manager provided weekly one-on-one feedback sessions which I found helpful on both ends. It allows the intern to stay focused, address any concerns, and the manager can let the intern know how he/she is performing.

3. "Perfect launchpad for a career in the aviation industry"

Current Intern - Intern in Englewood, CO
    Current Intern - Intern in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern

Pros

- Part of Boeing Global Services now; you'll receive benefits offered by Boeing. Great brand value.
    - Good work-life balance. Not very aggressive.
    - 401k benefits
    - Good managers and great learning environment.
    - Out-of-the-box thinking is encouraged and employees are rewarded for their initiatives

Cons

- It takes time to bring change to an existing system or methodology. You'll feel minor resistance.
    - Adoption of new technologies is slightly slow.

Advice to Management

- Hire more recent graduates and provide them a platform for innovation. Give them freedom and flexibility.
    - Innovation is not an option and you should feel an urgency to do so! competition is getting stronger and the markets are changing rapidly.
    - Update the legacy systems and harness the opportunities offered by the latest technologies. Focus more on Analytics.

4. "Jump at the opportunity!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Denver, CO
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, your skills and time are valued and you're able to make a meaningful contribution to the company. Jeppesen is in a transition phase as well so lots of opportunities to make an impact.

Cons

Due to the transition phase, your tasks might be more short or medium-term rather than long-term.

5. "Summer 2017 Internship"

Former Intern - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Intern - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Jeppesen as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great experience, lots of growth opportunities, used knowledge from school.

Cons

If you know little about software or programming this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Great work, in the future, please notify us of possible mentors or former interns to talk to, sooner.

6. "Configuration Analyst Intern position review"

Current Intern - Configuration Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Intern - Configuration Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern

Pros

The internship program at Jeppesen is one of the best in the country. Work culture at Jeppesen is really good. Team mates support you and help you to learn and contribute in the best way you can. Quality of work is amazing. Along with your normal work as intern, you get to do lots of cool stuffs like a visit to a baseball game, a ride in Jeppesen's chartered flights, etc.

Cons

Pay can be better. Average age in the company is on the higher side.

"Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Englewood, CO
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as an intern

Pros

-Wonderful pay as an intern compared to other related companies. Denver is expensive but you'll do just fine if you budget. ($17 for undergrad and $25 for grad)
    -You get treated/respected as if you were a full time employee
    -Hands on experience and exposure with upper level management
    -Given projects that can possibly have a major impact to the company
    -Ability to work independently and request help when needed. You get as much or little guidance as you would like for your projects.
    -My department and supervisor was more than willing to get me involved in anything that interested me/wanted to learn more about.
    -Friendly environment!!! Every morning I get about 10 good mornings on the way to my desk. People get to know you on a first name basis even as an intern and you feel very welcome.
    -Wonderful food at affordable prices. Our cafeteria here rocks. And we even have a Starbucks!
    -Opportunities to work as a part time student employee (with department/manager approval) after the internship has ended.
    -High likelyhood of being converted to a full time employee
    -Since it's a global company, you get to interact with people all over the world. Very cool to collaborate with people in Sweden/Singapore/UK/Poland when you're in the US.
    (Essentially if you have any complaints about your internship here, it's probably due to a lack of drive/willingness to learn. I haven't met a single person who wasn't willing to help me grow professionally regardless of their job level)

Cons

You hear "water cooler" talk and complaints here and there but as an intern, I have had an amazing experience. This is my first internship and was a great starting point for my business aviation career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue to make interns feel included and treat them as an asset to the company. Shoutout to HR for being such an awesome group to work for. I don't write this to get brownie points, I write this so that it might give prospect interns courage to apply here. Im sure that not all interns have had the same experience, but I'm hoping the majority do.

8. "SDET"

Current Contractor - SDET2 in Centennial, CO
    Current Contractor - SDET2 in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Partial Remote working, desire to implement a solution using state of the art technology.

Cons

DOD environment. Potential for intervention of regulatory bodies.

Advice to Management

Allow full-time remote working for QAs

9. "Salary General Aviation"

Pros

Great company in the aviation industry

Cons

Processes and ideas are slow moving

10. "Navigation Information Analyst"

Current Employee - Navigator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Navigator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, pay and time off.

Cons

Not a bad place at all.