Jeremys Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeremy Kidson

1. "I MISS JEREMYS"

Current Employee - Front Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Front Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jeremys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just wanna "Thank You" for the opportunities you've given me when I used to work at the SF store. Someone just message me the sad news 2 weeks ago. It was a huge & amazing opportunity for me working there. It gave me the chance to come out from my box, meaning when I started working at the Jeremy's SF store I was undergoing through domestic abused. It gave me a bit of healing cause I'm enjoying working. I had the chance meeting other people & gained back lil by little my self confidence. It was heartbreaking though when the store close. Once again a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU & wish you all the best Mr. Jeremy Kidron!!!!

Cons

I don't need to give negative feedbacks since the store closed already "Life has to move on". I would just wish that one day it will shine again. I even been searching for resources to start a small business just like Jeremy's.

Advice to Management

All the best for all......

2. "A gem in the Bay Area"

I worked at Jeremys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As of November the store has closed its doors, but it was a great place to work. I was employed with Jeremy's for 10+ years, and in that time was encouraged and supported to explore any aspect of operations that I was interested in. Even as a sales associate, I was able to meet with vendor reps along with the buyer, be in charge of merchandising, and was encouraged to forge meaningful relationships with high end clientele. The owner was very sensitive to the retail EXPERIENCE and gave me free reign to not only build customer relationships for sales, but also to foster an environment where customers felt like they were truly cared for.
    As a Manager, I was also supported in the same ways. I felt heard when I gave my ideas and was allowed to make my own mistakes to learn from them. I was able to complete tasks and meet goals that I thought were impossible, with a mentorship from the owner that was supportive, yet honest when the outcome did not meet expectations. The owner built his successful business from nothing and I believe the "anything is possible" attitude was infused with the way he ran his store and the way he mentored his closest staff. If you worked hard and had a spark of potential, he would be on your side to help you unfold personally and professionally.
    Jeremy's was a huge part of so many people's lives. I had clients that would fly to California just for sales, bring their whole family directly from the airport to show them the store and shop with luggage still in tow, and stop in to buy a Chanel bag to celebrate their first grandchild!
    Unfortunately, the Bay is missing a piece of retail history, but I feel so privileged to have been involved for over a decade! Thank you Jeremy's!

Cons

the store is no longer open.

Jeremys Response

Dec 25, 2016 – CEO

To whomever wrote this honest and thoughtful review, review..Thank you. It was an honor to work with all (1000++) of the amazing, dedicated and talented employees who worked for Jeremy's in the last ... More

3. "Employee Retention"

Pros

I'm sorry if this posts twice, I am not sure if my previous review posted or not!

But- The store is running much smoother due to employee retention. Over half the staff has been with the company for roughly 9 months, and others are returning staff members. All of my coworkers are hardworking, fun, and intelligent people.
    To celebrate the staffs milestone of being with the company for just shy of a year, the company sponsored a night out at a local restaurant and we had a blast!

Cons

POS system is outdated and a better employee discount is a must

"vendor specialist"

Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Specialist in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Jeremys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

i like the location consistent work flow of Jeremy's. Very easy going and friendly. the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. My schedule is Monday through Friday. i love that i don't have to work weekends so i can enjoy them exploring or be with family. I also like that i have holiday pay and vacation time.

Cons

i would like to work with an updated inventory system

Advice to Management

i have no advice towards managment

6. "Just Fine"

I have been working at Jeremys full-time

Pros

Paid on time. Good benefits.

Cons

Needs to treat the employees better.

"UNETHICAL - run!"

I worked at Jeremys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Berkeley location is in a fun neighborhood

Cons

Jeremy is a long time & experienced business man and landlord, I'll give him that. Though-out my tenure working alongside him and his company, he has YET to gain the respect of others. HIs business practice on all planforms are unethical and are absolutely NOT okay. Racial slurs, demeaning tones, and belittling staff, clients, and peers do not have a place in business, the community, and in general. It sickens me to know that he employs a staff that has a majority of women because he emirates and acts on a very slimy perv-y energy.

The bay area is home so a number of fanatic businesses that empower their staff. Its unfortunate that the greed of a local homegrown man could do the same and does not. Please do not support his business as it will only fuel the fire.

Advice to Management

I ask that you seek council in educating yourself on the proper ethical steps and protocol in employing so many impressionable young people.

"*SAD* I'm not the only one"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jeremys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me rack my brain... High end inventory at a discount? I'd personally rather shop online at the realreal or the outnet or something like that, so as not to support the terrible CEO

Cons

After reading some of the previous reviews I'm deeply saddened to learn about the issues with sexual harassment from Jeremy toward other female employees. I thought I was the only one. He was quick to say that these claims were from "disgruntled" employees, but I'm almost positive that the majority of his former employees left the company feeling cheated, violated (in more ways that one), and objectified. I've kept in touch with most of my former co-workers in one way or another, and none of them have anything positive to say about Jeremy's. Do not work for this man. Do not fall for his lies, do not fall for his defensive responses or the positive reviews on this site.

Advice to Management

Please stop letting Jeremy brainwash you into working for him. You can do better. Be more supportive of the staff and recognize how miserable they are.

"RUN!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jeremys part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While it is an overall crappy job, you do get first picks at the clothing that comes in, some of which is great and at an awesome price, the area around the store is great and tons of nice food nearby.

Cons

Old technology: pos system especially, oh and all those markdowns you see on the tags you get to do that by hand for several hours, sometimes until 1 am, head management is crazy, needed inventory isn't sent when needed: huge sections of the store are often empty and then flooded and overstocked, customers are often extraordinarily difficult to deal with: especially with regards to returns and the salvage items, don't expect overtime because they avoid it like the plague. While working there management took away the employee watercooling system claiming tap water as higher quality (penny pinching!) No commission either. Your discount has so many ** i only ever got to use it once. Get ready to answer the question "where does all of this come from?" a LOT! Overall a nice play to shop, not work

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jeremys (Less than a year)

Pros

Location in Berkeley is near a lot of cool things.

Cons

Oh boy. Where to start. Disorganized. I interviewed for key holder position. Was told I'd be interviewing with Jeremy then 2 days later they brought in a key holder. Never spoke with me. Never offered me the position. Also the pay I agreed to, I never receievd! They paid me 2.25 less an hour than I signed for. I'm sure that's illegal.

It gets so hot in there! And sales are the worst. Swarming with customers. Fitting rooms feel like a sauna.

Training is horrible! they spend 5 minutes trainging you. The interview is like a "try out" but it's just a way to work you without ever really training you.

Jeremy literally called a black girl "ratchet" in front of people! At work! So unprofessional.

It's a hot mess. Literally. Don't waste your time or efforts. Turnover is high for a reason!

Advice to Management

You need a miracle to fix the culture, work environment, and unhappiness of employees.

Stop being racists and sexist!

Jeremys Response

Feb 6, 2016 – CEO

Unfortunately - there is a "troll" who cowers around trying to create inaccurate and false information about Jeremy Kidson. Lawyers are looking into this..It is very apparant as the postings are ... More

"this job sucks"

Pros

there are literally no pros to working here

Cons

literally everything about working here

Advice to Management

natalie and hebert are cool