Jerry Leigh of California Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2019

Found 15 reviews

3.1
Andrew Leigh

"My experience is that it is the best job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Jerry Leigh of California

Pros

The product is of good quality. My manager is fair and family oriented.

Cons

There is always room fro growth. I feel with there Fl product line, they could focus more on product developement.

Advice to Management

The managers I deal with are AMAZING. They are very fair and understanding. As well, they are family oriented and very understanding of the stresses of the position.

Jerry Leigh of California2011-01-01
  2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, always taking care of their employees!

Cons

Not really except for maybe pay rate.

Jerry Leigh of California2019-06-12

"CHEAP company. You are where you are thanks to your EMPLOYEES. Consider compensating them well for their work."

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE, can't think of any. This company is by far the worst employer.

Cons

LOW pay, BELOW market rates. The workload is huge for the amount they pay.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know what they're doing.

Jerry Leigh of California2017-02-24
  4. "Accounts Receivable Clerk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than a year

Pros

HR Department, Benefits for full time permanent employees.

Cons

A lot of temp positions. Low wages. Workplace politics "favoritism", gossip. Due to company size management is often unaware of issues of lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Avoid workplace politics.

Jerry Leigh of California2015-11-10

"Too much construction!"

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California

Pros

Overall, warm and friendly environment to work in.

Cons

From the time I've been there, there has been constant construction which is quite inconvenient and distracting. They never warned us of when construction was going to start and how long it was going to go on. It's very inconsiderate towards the employees that have to be surrounded by the noise and dust.

Advice to Management

Limit construction and construction noise; and for the consideration of employees, it would be nice to send out a notification of when and where construction will take place, and when it will be finished.

Jerry Leigh of California2015-09-22

"Same Old Same Old"

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has celebrated 50 years in business, so the #1 pro is stability. There are a handful of employees who have worked there 15-20+ years. The office itself is fine, technology is decent. The benefits are excellent and the work itself is easy. Most employees are there for 9 hours a day but only actually work about 4 hours (remaining time spent looking busy). There is moderate comradery between employees, with...

Cons

The cons probably outweigh the pros. The upper management is a joke, they are incompetent and lackadaisical. They cook the same recipes for every project, so growing the business or accounts is impossible. There is no middle management so opportunities for growth are nonexistent. When anything goes awry, upper management will never accept even partial responsibility, rather typically blame the creative staff and commonly...

Advice to Management

Own up to your actions. Stop constantly revolving the people that actual create your product. There are many talented people that have worked for the company, but they have been treated like farm workers, opposed to respected like formally trained designers. Examine your sales team, they fail to land any new accounts of programs, they simply just fill orders with the promise "we can make whatever you want" to the existing...

Jerry Leigh of California2015-09-10

"executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Belmont Shore, CA

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California for more than a year

Pros

diversity career growth fair wages Creativity growth potential business management exposure strong business planning by Andrew

Cons

a lot of aged business habits within the work place community... needs new young bright strong driven fearless and innovative culture in the

Jerry Leigh of California2015-08-23
    • "Do not judge a book by its cover."

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California

Pros

There are some very talented artists and technical people.

Cons

There is no structure and it is a free for all.

Advice to Management

Management should really understand the business aspect and what is needed to run a business as such.

Jerry Leigh of California2015-08-05
    • "Stability over creativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable job. Always working on projects. Good benefits. Strong work relationships. Good employees. If you stand out you will benefit. Very easy to balance work and life.

Cons

Location. Lack of recognition. Raises. Shaky Management. Questionable decisions made by management. If you don't stand out you'll get lost in the shuffle. Creativity can be stifling. Upward growth is limited by management.

Advice to Management

Advice? That ship sailed a long time ago. I love working here, but its for myself and my co-workers. Management just reaps the rewards.

Jerry Leigh of California2015-06-07

"Okay place to work"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Jerry Leigh of California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent vacation policy and benefits. People are generally very nice. Projects can be fun to work on. I never felt excessively stressed or overworked during my time here. The art directors that used to be there (before the restructuring) were great to work with, eager to nurture new talent and encourage personal growth.

Cons

It's easy to get lost in the machine here, with some work being done that never seems to see the light of day. Not much room for growth anymore. Management and sales can be very disorganized and quarrelsome amongst each other, causing much frustration and discomfort for others. Money is spent frivolously on endless office renovations.

Jerry Leigh of California2015-01-03