JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 21, 2017

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"dont get an airline job"

Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY

Pros

travel benefits and time off

Cons

management, high cost of living in NYC

Advice to Management

start running the company like a real airline

2. "Don't work for jetblue"

Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at jetblue in Oakland, California

Cons

Management. Poor safety for employees.

Advice to Management

Quit.

3. "Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?"

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

Advice to Management

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

"What goes up must come down"

Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA

Pros

It all started Great! obviously you get flying for free. and being able to work as many hours as you desire. Great co-workers that are on the same level as you. Long breaks in between assignments. breaks were awsome. plenty of access to computers. Huge screen Television. They give you your uniform. They send you to Orlando for 2 weeks just to train. Basically, you could get any days off you wanted. Your schedule is set. it only changes four times a year. During the winter you can work a lot of overtime lines and you can make a lot of cash. Overall, working with this company was great.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership. Management was the worst part of the job. They were the most arrogant, Sarcastic, and unsupportive supervisors and managers that I have worked with. They picked favorites. The people who "suck up" or are the "brown nosers" are the ones that got treated with respect. The reason why I was terminated was because of an attendance issue. I was late about 10 times in 10 months for no more than 15 minutes each time. they would never excuse it no matter what the circumstance. I was involved in a car accident on my way to work and they told me " You are responsible to get to work on time." but when somone comes in and says "I'm late because I thought my shift started at a later time" and they would excuse them. it was ridiculous. This was a very rough Landing for me, I never would go back to that company.

Advice to Management

I feel that as a whole company everyone is fairly happy with the way they work. but if you step down from the whole company perspective and zeroed in on each individual region, down to the city, down to the department, and finally down to each individual crew member I am sure you will get a huge variety of reviews. I knew people who loved the company loved getting walked on and disrespected. while others, like me who averaged 65 to 75 hours a week who just kept taking it and taking it, hated the job. I think you need to do a more in depth review of crewmembers before they are considered for leadership positions.

"NOT a good place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

the people that reported to me always treated me with the respect that I deserved, and supporte my decisions as long as I explained to them why I made the decision.

Cons

Upper level management was clueless. They have to respect for hourly crewmembers or salaried supervisors, it's their way or the highway.

Advice to Management

fire the entire crew services leadership team and start again. they have no idea what they are doing and are hardly ever there anyway

6. "The first few years were good until they made a dramatic change to their reservations system."

Former Employee - Reservations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Reservations in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The first few years were fine. We had more flight out of SLC so the benefits could be used but they have since gone away under the leadership of Dave Barger.

Cons

Non rev travel in and out of SLC is horible so good luck using your benefits. The culture and moral at JetBLue are not what they once were. Management treats employees like children.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Dave Barger and beg Davis Neeleman to come back.

"Not what you would think."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The travel and that isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Cons

The Values are not applied to everyone.

"MEH"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Beats not having a job

Cons

Poor health insurance, no profit sharing,

Advice to Management

Just pay me average

"It was a great airline to work with,till CEO David Neeleman was let go and management stop caring for its employees."

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good destinations, you get to travel and have agreements with other airlines.you can try to make your work schedule depending on your seniority. If you work a lot of hours you can make some money to make a living.

Cons

Dishonest management, The health insurance gets higher every year. The Company does not care anymore for their employees(no loyalty to employees). The company breaks their own work rules to justify their firing of people and treat similar cases differently. The company does not treat employees equal. The company targets people that want a union which is strongly needed. Reserve flight attendants get over worked by Jetblue. You have to work a lot of flight hours to make serious money and when you do that they try to change the rules to stop you from making the money you need to make your living. Try not to make it a career because airlines come and go. Always have another job on the side or get a degree in something else while working for the airline.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers. That was David Neeleman's way. And it worked! Start making changes to management. Get rid of current management and middle management and do a reconstruction. Let people work the hours they need to survive in this economy. Have cheaper insurance,the airline is a Multi-billion dollar industry it can be done. Stop wasting millions of dollars to stop a union and start putting that money into employees pockets.

"what a waste of time and money"

Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flight benefits only nothing else

Cons

working full time schedule with part time money

Advice to Management

be upfront on interviews that you will be a slave to the company as a part time employee company will squeeze full time hours without givining you time for your personal life and pay would be almoust none what will make you keep your full time jobs somewhere else or just plain quit
    lots of racial favoritism at the station very unprofessional management and sups
    make me really proud to leave this company and focus more on personal life and real full time job