JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"Not what I expected"

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member (Flight Attendant) in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member (Flight Attendant) in Boston, MA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are friendly. Worst comes to worst, you don't like a colleague, you don't have to work with them again in a few days. Flexibility in scheduling is great.

Cons

Commuting from any other city that isn't a base is stressful, especially during weather - cancelled flights, delayed, etc. will affect your dependability rating and sometimes result in call outs. They emphasize Caring as a core value however do not seem to take very good care of their employees during Irregular Operations. I personally have not had issues with it but I've been the lucky few.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. It should never seem like work to receive or ask for help. If it continues, I guarantee people will be anxious to sign union papers (if they aren't already anxious).

2. "Customer support"

Current Employee - Customer Support
    Current Employee - Customer Support

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flight benefits
    Awesome coworkers
    Work from home flexibility

Cons

I wish they had more corporate jobs in Utah

"Great place but needs change"

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many amazing things about this place! Flexible schedule, jumpseat agreements, hotel accommodations to name a few. Decent medical insurance. They put you up and feed you for training. Room for advancement

Cons

I'm gonna be honest, the pay is terrible, amongst the lowest in US aviation, RESERVE life is extremely challenging and could feel debilitating, crew services is extremely careless, NO UNION PROTECTION! No ability to drop a trip on reserve. LOW PAY, the training where they say "we will set you up for success" is complete bs. They absolutely do not abide their so called values.

Advice to Management

There's a lot,

4. "Flight attendant"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Off of reserve in a short period of time
    Easy to commute to work
    Profit sharing

Cons

Pay could be better

5. "airport ops"

I have been working at JetBlue part-time

Pros

the pros will be free flights

Cons

working holidays and weekends

"I LOVE IT HERE!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best airline to work for! They care about their employees and the pay is relatively well. The culture is amazing! If you want to work for ay airline, I recommend JetBlue!!!

Cons

There are no cons working for this airline!

"12 Years Inflight Crewmember"

Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits. Seniority based schedule.

Cons

JetBlue is no longer a family oriented take care of each other airline. It has outgrown this and currently has Weak Leadership. Although JetBlue supports promoting from within, they DO NOT have training or mentoring for those moving into leadership positions, e.g. flight attendant to Team Leader. Team Leaders have no lee way in gray areas or thinking outside of the box. Team Leaders are figure heads and more worried about their jobs than supporting those on their team. Pay at JetBlue is below industry standard although JetBlue expects above industry standard service. There is a reason that JetBlue did NOT win the JD Power and Associates award this year. Our new CEO from British Airways leaves a lot to be desired. Gone are the days of Dave Neeleman and Dave Barger who made JetBlue Airways. JetBlue is all about making money for our share holders and is quickly becoming just like the other legacy carriers who give mediocre service with NO attempt to deliver exemplary inflight service. JetBlue does NOT support it's inflight crewmembers in trying to make their job easier. JetBlue has too much responsibility that falls on it's inflight crewmember work group. JetBlue DOES NOT reward the inflight work group who work very hard, over and above ANY OTHER AIRINE. Currently a vote is about to take place voting in third party (Union) representation. Benefits are below industry standard which was the catalyst for the pilot work group voting in a Union a couple of years ago. Not enough profit sharing nor company match to 401k plans.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that a Union is inevitable and it will NOT mean that we can't work well together as evidenced by SWA who has Unions for almost ALL of their work groups but work well together and continue to make profits.

8. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture: JetBlue places it's trust in its employees, something I have never felt to this degree before. There is a great collaborative spirit at this company, and people are generally friendly and easy to work with. This is also a very egalitarian company; everyone from top to bottom is given that same trust, and are encouraged to connect with fellow employees from other areas.

Good location: the office in Long Island City is well designed and convenient to get to.

Flight benefits: at or above industry standard. Great to have, as always.

Cons

Newness (if this is a con): JetBlue is still learning and experimenting. This means certain processes have yet to be defined. I'm personally okay with this, but it may be a larger pain point for more seasoned employees or those from more established companies. Our vision of the future is not defined yet, but it looks bright for now.

Salary (for some): some employees do complain of lower salaries at JetBlue. I have yet to have a year end review and subsequent raise, but I believe my incoming offer was fair (not above expectations but not below).

Advice to Management

Keep instilling trust and respect into crewmembers; it helps us be empowered to do a great job every day. Stay transparent and fair towards compensation.

9. "Consumer Promotions"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at JetBlue as an intern

Pros

Flight benefits and culture are great.

Cons

No work life balance

10. "Great!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits!
    Good Salary
    Hotels
    Food
    Flexibility
    Great service
    Health insurance

Cons

Many hours away from home

Advice to Management

none